2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Who has sold their car already for the 5th gen?

Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 PM

I've had mine so long that if I sold it I'd have to pay the new owner some form of child support to care for it. I didn't sell it while in college, or when we had our first three kids. I spent $45000 to build a garage to house it. I wont sell it unless the new Camaro turns out to be so much fun, that I forget the Trans Am's parked for a year. If that ever happened, then maybe I'd sell it. More than likely I'd squirrel it away in some storage shed somewhere.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ws6transam
I've had mine so long that if I sold it I'd have to pay the new owner some form of child support to care for it. I didn't sell it while in college, or when we had our first three kids. I spent $45000 to build a garage to house it. I wont sell it unless the new Camaro turns out to be so much fun, that I forget the Trans Am's parked for a year. If that ever happened, then maybe I'd sell it. More than likely I'd squirrel it away in some storage shed somewhere.
You can always take out the mechanicals and make it into a lovely living room accent piece. Could be the best seat for playing racing games EVER....
Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 AM

I sold my weekend car at the end of last summer...it was a SC'd BB '79 Malibu. See link in my sig.

I wasn't in a rush to sell it, figured I'd put feelers out and I'd find a buyer at some point before I order my 5th gen. Well, wouldn't you know...2 weeks later I had a buyer and got my asking price (I guess I should have asked more). I will miss it this summer, but I have the $$ invested and it's staying there until I pick up my new Camaro. The less I have to finance, the better.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
You can always take out the mechanicals and make it into a lovely living room accent piece. Could be the best seat for playing racing games EVER....
Wow, I never thought of that! Just imagine the room I'd have for subwoofers if there wasn't any engine in there! It could be the ultimate entertainment center, plumb it with THX and Dolby Digital, 7.1 sound, toss a big HD screen in place of the windshield, stick a Bluray HD DVD in place of the in-dash CD, Build force feedback into the steering column and the pedals,

Wow, just...wow ! My wife'd probably make me sleep in it when I was done though, so I guess I ought to include a refrigerated keg and snack fridge in place of the back seats. A two-seater home theater entainment center. The ultimate garage decoration. Speed channel, 24 hours a day.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ws6transam
Wow, I never thought of that! Just imagine the room I'd have for subwoofers if there wasn't any engine in there! It could be the ultimate entertainment center, plumb it with THX and Dolby Digital, 7.1 sound, toss a big HD screen in place of the windshield, stick a Bluray HD DVD in place of the in-dash CD, Build force feedback into the steering column and the pedals,

Wow, just...wow ! My wife'd probably make me sleep in it when I was done though, so I guess I ought to include a refrigerated keg and snack fridge in place of the back seats. A two-seater home theater entainment center. The ultimate garage decoration. Speed channel, 24 hours a day.
Do it and pave the way for the rest of us!
Old 03-24-2007, 03:18 PM

Hehe...Im in the process of selling my 1965 Mustang right now. I sell that, get some cheap car to make my way through my last two years of college, then buy my Camaro. Everyone keeps on telling me not to sell my Mustang, but always tell them, "Its just a Mustang, you obviouslly havent seen the 09 Camaro."
Old 03-28-2007, 08:59 AM

I've been thinking a lot about selling mine. Almost as much as for the 5th gen, I just don't have time or money to spend on it anymore. Its to the point where I like the idea of having it and that is maybe more powerful than actually having the car. If the right offer came along, I'd probably sell.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 AM

What I did was sell my 04 jeep wrangler rubicon. I hated to see it go, but I am saving so much per month that it was worth it.

I just picked up my v6 camaro to tide me over till the 5th gen comes out and because I picked it up pretty cheap. I will probably keep this camaro as my daily driver because it will get paid off about the same time I pick up the 5th gen.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:11 PM

Sold mine and got tired of waiting. So I got rid of my 96 silverado and the wifes winter car. Ended up paying cash for a reg cab 5.7 ram. Couldn't be happier!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver2009
You could do what I did and buy a GTO in the meantime.

It would make a great transition car in preparation to that awesome F5 chasis.

Also, you could enjoy modding that big heavy sled in the meantime!
Hi I saw this and would like to ask you a question I drove a new 06 GTO last week I am thinking about getting rid of my camaro to get this How do you like your GTO and do you think this is a good idea? when I drove this car a SS camaro pulled up and I left him in the rear view mirror I let off at 135 and it was just getting started loved the car. Jason
Old 04-01-2007, 07:08 PM

exact opposite, the only reason I haven't sold it is because I want a 5th gen. If it wasn't coming out, I would have a GTO or a C5 Z06 right now
Old 04-01-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
exact opposite, the only reason I haven't sold it is because I want a 5th gen. If it wasn't coming out, I would have a GTO or a C5 Z06 right now
Yes I dont want to get the GTO then turn around and realy like the new Camaro I am stuck and dont know what to do. Jason