2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Where will be you first drive in you new Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 AM

Where will be you first drive in you new Camaro?

I'd like to know where your first real drive will be in your new Camaro.

Be it a favorite road, place, cruising spot?

Will anything be playing on the stereo or will the windows be down to hear the engine music?

Will the drive be solo or with someone in particular?

Will here be anyone you want to show the car to first?

1fastdog
Old 12-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

First thing...leaving Tom Henry Chevrolet in PA and driving back to Detroit.
I will have my iPhone loaded up with traveling music covering nearly every range.

If Settlemire is home, I will drop by and have him bless it on the way to my place.

From there, I will probably clean it up and then take it to my buddy's dyno and get it tested.

After that...well...this is expected to be a busy year. I will be doing updates in my blog.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:25 AM

Ours will be primarily for Mrs CLEAN. If her mother is still with us (terminal cancer), I imagine our first drive will be to her house to let her see it. She drove a '68 Camaro back in the day, and thats what started Mrs CLEANs appreciation for the car.

After that, probably just a cruise and dinner.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Admin Emeritus

I hope to hear what Mrs. CLEAN-in-Law has to say about it!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 AM

I'll be driving it home from the dealer that is at the beach. On the way I have about 3 friend's houses to stop by, then I'll drive it around our HUGE outdoor mall, then I'll go home and take a ton of pics.....

I can't wait!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:51 AM

well, it will probably still be snowy here in ohio so i wont be driving it home from the dealership. if its nice ill drive it home. but , ill probably have a flat bed waiting at the dealership to take it home.
other than that the first drive is going to be either by myself or with my fiance. she knows how much this car meens to me and she understands if i drive alone. as far as music, probably just listen to the car. no music. im not telling anyone i got it until that special day that i get to drive it when the road are cleared out.
then the mods start.
driving to medina to have the pedders suspension put on and then to summit to get long tube headers and a borla exhaust.
man i cant wait.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:40 AM

I'm going to disney world!!

No music, just motor.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Wherever the salesman lets me go... I just have to convince him to shut up and hold on.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Dove
Wherever the salesman lets me go... I just have to convince him to shut up and hold on.
salesman? hes the first person you want to take for a ride? unless she was mid 5', blonde, c cups, and wearing a bikini, theres no way in hell im taking my salesman for a ride.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
salesman? hes the first person you want to take for a ride? unless she was mid 5', blonde, c cups, and wearing a bikini, theres no way in hell im taking my salesman for a ride.
Most dealerships around here don't let me go solo, we'll see when the time comes. I hope not, but you never know. (I haven't pre-ordered, I'm a drive before I buy kinda guy)
Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 PM

Most dealerships around here don't let me go solo, we'll see when the time comes. I hope not, but you never know. (I haven't pre-ordered, I'm a drive before I buy kinda guy)
The question posed was: where will you go on your first REAL drive?
Not TEST drive.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:10 PM

ok. i thought you pre ordered and they werent goign to let you take it by your self when you already signed for it.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I hope to hear what Mrs. CLEAN-in-Law has to say about it!
Well I can tell you what they did when we brought the 25th RS by to visit. We were still dating at the time, and she picked up her white/red RS 25th anniversary, and our first stop was her parents, whom I had not yet met. We parked in the street, and they met us in the yard. Without so much as acknowledging my existance, her dad told her mom "Get in Katie Ruth!" and they proceeded to peel out, as much as that 5.0 could, leaving us laughing in the front yard. They came back about 10 mins later, w/ big smiles.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM

I have some nice boondock roads close by with plenty of curves and few cars. I'll put a few miles on out there.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
The question posed was: where will you go on your first REAL drive?
Not TEST drive.
Bah, my bad. I only read the title line basically, which was "Where will be you first drive in you new Camaro?"

First real drive will be on the Sea to Sky highway connecting Vancouver to Whistler, assuming the roads are clear enough for it. No passenger. There will be music through the city (I'm south of Vancouver and the highway is in North Vancouver), then the radio will be turned off when I hit the highway. And no matter how cold it is, the windows will not go up the entire trip.

Quick Reply: Where will be you first drive in you new Camaro?