2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

whats with the HURST shifter?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 PM

whats with the HURST shifter?????

i keep hearing all this talk about the hurst shifter not available at launch. is this right? also i hear that if it is on the order the order is going to be delayed. i would rather have my car than wait for the shifter,so do i need to call my dealer and cncel the shifter? anything will help because my dealer probably doesnt even know anything right now.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i keep hearing all this talk about the hurst shifter not available at launch. is this right? also i hear that if it is on the order the order is going to be delayed. i would rather have my car than wait for the shifter,so do i need to call my dealer and cncel the shifter? anything will help because my dealer probably doesnt even know anything right now.
Last we heard was that the dealer has to uncheck the Hurst shifter option, otherwise the order will go through with that option and it will be delayed.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:14 PM

oh damn. guess i better have them change that then.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM

There are other constraints as well:
1st weekly constraint report was 2/19 showing the V6, Hurst shifter, white, and CGM are on constraint for 3/16 - 3/22.
I also saw the high wing spoiler is on constraint.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:48 PM

CHEVROLET HOT SHEET – FEBRUARY 19, 2009
2010 CAMARO
Dealer Order Submission Starts this Week
With the first Camaro consensus concluding earlier this week, the time is now to submit orders in line with your weekly allocation. As you prepare for order submission, you need to be aware of a few ordering constraints that will impact these initial first weeks of production:
 Camaro LS and LT models (V6 models) will be very limited.
 Cyber Gray Exterior Color (code: GBV) will not be available.
 High Wing Spoiler LPO (code: 5V5) will not be available.
 Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code: VYV) will not be available.
Order for these models or options will not be processed, and steps should be taken to avoid submission of these impacted orders.
Early Ordering Ends March 15, 2009.
Customer sold orders entered into the ordering system on or before March 15, 2009, will be recognized as part of the Early Ordering Activity. These customers will receive a Camaro Welcome Kit, and their orders will receive a special factory processing option code (R6P). This code acknowledges the order was part of the activity and appears in such places as the invoice and window label.
Training Site Updated:
A new interactive training website for the Camaro is now on line. This new website provides an overview of key product features and consumer target information. And it is available for your use whenever you are. Visit www.gmtraining.com and look for course number B10CM.M10W. When you arrive, make sure you subscribe for future updates, including Camaro competitive reviews and training information on the new Equinox.
Other Updates:
Second Batch of Camaro Welcome Kit Letters in the Mail.
As mentioned earlier, as a thank you for participating in the Camaro Early Ordering Activity, customers receive a Camaro Welcome Kit that includes a letter and a personalized sketch of the current Camaro. To date, over 7000 kits have been sent, with additional mailings set for timed intervals through the end of March.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by toegead93
There are other constraints as well:
1st weekly constraint report was 2/19 showing the V6, Hurst shifter, white, and CGM are on constraint for 3/16 - 3/22.
I also saw the high wing spoiler is on constraint.
whats the 3/16-3/22 meen? its not available until then? how hard is it to get this taken off of an order? i thought everything was sent in and started going through the process already?
Old 02-23-2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by toegead93
CHEVROLET HOT SHEET – FEBRUARY 19, 2009
2010 CAMARO
Dealer Order Submission Starts this Week
With the first Camaro consensus concluding earlier this week, the time is now to submit orders in line with your weekly allocation. As you prepare for order submission, you need to be aware of a few ordering constraints that will impact these initial first weeks of production:
 Camaro LS and LT models (V6 models) will be very limited.
 Cyber Gray Exterior Color (code: GBV) will not be available.
 High Wing Spoiler LPO (code: 5V5) will not be available.
 Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code: VYV) will not be available.
Order for these models or options will not be processed, and steps should be taken to avoid submission of these impacted orders.
Early Ordering Ends March 15, 2009.
Customer sold orders entered into the ordering system on or before March 15, 2009, will be recognized as part of the Early Ordering Activity. These customers will receive a Camaro Welcome Kit, and their orders will receive a special factory processing option code (R6P). This code acknowledges the order was part of the activity and appears in such places as the invoice and window label.
Training Site Updated:
A new interactive training website for the Camaro is now on line. This new website provides an overview of key product features and consumer target information. And it is available for your use whenever you are. Visit www.gmtraining.com and look for course number B10CM.M10W. When you arrive, make sure you subscribe for future updates, including Camaro competitive reviews and training information on the new Equinox.
Other Updates:
Second Batch of Camaro Welcome Kit Letters in the Mail.
As mentioned earlier, as a thank you for participating in the Camaro Early Ordering Activity, customers receive a Camaro Welcome Kit that includes a letter and a personalized sketch of the current Camaro. To date, over 7000 kits have been sent, with additional mailings set for timed intervals through the end of March.
Thanks for the information..it is getting even closer now!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:11 PM

My dealer just informed me that my order should be getting a build week of the 3rd week in March. He said he should know within the next week or so of the exact date. I am of course not holding my breath at this point, he could be talking out of behind! If this ends up being true then hopefully I would have my car by the end of April at the latest, unless they hold the first initial cars for quite some time like they did when the first C6's were built by in '04.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:10 PM

can you get it with the V6 or just the V8?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:18 PM

i wish my dealer would inform me of things instead of me informing them
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Why would dealer-installed items like the shifter and the high-rise spoiler have any effect on the production build date?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:52 PM

thats what i was just thinking about. isnt the item thrown in the trunk until it gets to the dealer and then they install it there? why not send the car, then send the item backordered once it gets in.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

thats what i was just thinking about. isnt the item thrown in the trunk until it gets to the dealer and then they install it there?
I thought they were shipped separately from the car; you have to buy it from the parts counter and have them install it. Having it done at the time of the vehicle purchase is simply a matter of convenience.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM

i wish my dealer would inform me of things instead of me informing them
Well I had to e-mail him asking exactly what the breakdown of their allocation was and when my TPW would be. He is good at getting back to me and knows more than most dealers, so I guess I am pretty lucky in that regard. I dealt with some horrible dealers in the past, especially when trying to find one to order my SS from.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I thought they were shipped separately from the car; you have to buy it from the parts counter and have them install it. Having it done at the time of the vehicle purchase is simply a matter of convenience.
i know i know. i dont get it either but apparently its going to hold the car up.

i called my dealer yeaterday and told them to take it off my order becasue i cant wait any longer than i have to. he supposedly did it and im waiting for him to fax me my new revised sales sheet.
lets se if he really got it done.

Quick Reply: whats with the HURST shifter?????