2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Would You Do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 PM

What Would You Do?

Ok, I leave for basic training(Air Force) Dec. 8 and i wanted to order a 2SS Camaro before i leave so when i get back it'll be here waiting for me in my driveway.....when would you think it'll be the best time to order it i have the money to order it now but will barely meet the car note and insurance with my current job but i was plan on getting a little side job if i do decide on ordering it now. So what would you do if you were in my shoes?!

Last edited by whizkid89; 07-20-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:43 AM

PASS.....Not worth it, until you can afford that car forget it.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by 87DJP2001
PASS.....Not worth it, until you can afford that car forget it.

Agreed, you want to have a life and not just a car right?

Granted you won't have to pay for squat but you won't be exactly making a fortune in the A/F. I was in the Air Force back in the early 90's and I wasn't exactly raking in the bucks (grunt mechanic).

Save your cash and get one in the future, get one of those GM cards and spend like a ***** (pay the balance every month) and earn some credit.

Good luck on your military career, when I got out of tech school and ended up at my base the NCOIC that was giving me a tour got me 10 minutes in the F16 simulator. Now that was the *****
Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 AM

yea I got advice I'll wait until the 2011 model and see where I'm at from there if I feel like I'm in a good position to buy one then I will if I see I'm moveing like crazy then I'll just hold off on the car but as far a credit I have some it's just good cause I took out a little loan as a credit starter but I'll just stash my money for now and by then I can get discounts.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 AM

Thats a great plan. I see way too many enlisted guys buy new cars like mustangs and end up getting them repossessed when they find out that E-1 to E-3 pay really isnt much. Now dont get me wrong, I played with cars ALOT when I was an E-4 but that was what my life revolved around so thats where my entire check went. Just put in your officer packet fairly quickly, then you will be able to play even more and have less people out rank you. I know in the army you dont need a degree to put in a Warrant officer packet. Thats what I did when I was an E-5 and now i'm a CW2 Apache pilot about to make CW3 next year. I have seen 18 year old kids fresh out of basic going thru WOCS (Warrant officer candidate school), then onto flight school to fly the heli of their choice. You should think about it hard before you enlist. Would at least double your pay. Just food for thought. T
Old 07-22-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by whizkid89
yea I got advice I'll wait until the 2011 model and see where I'm at from there if I feel like I'm in a good position to buy one then I will if I see I'm moveing like crazy then I'll just hold off on the car but as far a credit I have some it's just good cause I took out a little loan as a credit starter but I'll just stash my money for now and by then I can get discounts.
yeah I wouldnt jump in and go buying one before you leave. My buddy was in the Air Force during the first Iraq war. He made the mistake of buying a new Mazda like alot of people joining the Service. It sat in his parents driveway while at basic training. It sat while he was in the Gulf war. It spent most of the time basically depreciating in his parents driveway.

Also consider this. The Camaro right now is really hot in sales. As Supply starts to meet demand you will be in a much better position when you go to buy one later when you can actually enjoy it. Food for thought