2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Mustang guys think of the Camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Whitten
Then the sucker came out at a portly 3940# and they all started picking on the poor GTO for some reason...me thinks jealousy.
Everyone always loves using the heavier of the GT500 configurations when trying to prove a point.
Here's a lighter one.
3825 give or take a few pounds.

but I know in my heart that they are going to be only a 100 lbs lighter if even that when that sucker comes to market and more than likely going to be yet again recipients of an inferior and less quality made product.
The Mustang GT will not be 3750-3800lbs with the 5.0 and 6 speed.

Last edited by boomer78; 07-23-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Whitten
Now the Camaro comes around and all they have to say is that the new 2011 Mustang is going to own all; I would love to believe that being a big fan of competition and all but I know in my heart that they are going to be only a 100 lbs lighter if even that when that sucker comes to market and more than likely going to be yet again recipients of an inferior and less quality made product.
My suggestion is to stop thinking with your heart. Hearts aren't exactly known for their critical analysis skills. Dust the cobwebs off your brain, and stick that in the driver's seat.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Whats funny about Ford, they always have to have a super charger on them just to put out any kind of horse power. Look at the Lighting f150, the new 500 horse cobra mustang. They all have super chargers. Oh ya and they have to have more than 1 cam and twice the valves.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by joejanie7
Whats funny about Ford, they always have to have a super charger on them just to put out any kind of horse power. Look at the Lighting f150, the new 500 horse cobra mustang. They all have super chargers. Oh ya and they have to have more than 1 cam and twice the valves.
are you mad because they are better?
Old 07-25-2008, 02:54 PM

OHYA WELL GMZ ARE TEH SCUKY CUZ THEY R NEED WHEELS TOGO VROOOM!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:01 PM

Hello new to this forum. I joined because i am very interested in buying the new SS Camaro after seeing the official releases. I am new to this "muscle car wars" since i just bought an 08 Mustang Saleen SC(first muscle car ever to own). The new Camaro just makes me drop my jaw.........
Looks amazing and that engine just makes my mustang look like a small wiener compared to it...... I already have old camaros revving at me all day which i can take MOST of the time (i run 11.78 at the track on an auto)

GM knows how to do their engines and im just scared what a SC camaro will run. To the AVERAGE buyer, i dont think they will worry about weight at all. They care mostly on looks, price, and MPG these days. Only car enthusiasts like us will be interested in in all the weight, handling and stuff IMO.

I am obviously jealous on the new camaro. I know your not suppose to compare the 05+ gts to them since the 2010 or 2011 is coming out to but hey, theres still a gap btw the years where they are not out yet and the maros will be stumping on most mustang owners.

All in all, im pretty sure alot of mustang owners are green with envy on the kind of numbers the camaros engine puts out, but theres no reason to talk trash about each others cars. We are all car lovers and Ill have a Camaro SS soon too so ill have the best of both worlds.

One thing that makes me think is how did Edmunds test the SS camaro on the 1/4 and only run a 13.4 and the v6 14.6? Those are what currect mustang GTs and V6s run.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by chimac07
Hello new to this forum. I joined because i am very interested in buying the new SS Camaro after seeing the official releases. I am new to this "muscle car wars" since i just bought an 08 Mustang Saleen SC(first muscle car ever to own). The new Camaro just makes me drop my jaw.........
Looks amazing and that engine just makes my mustang look like a small wiener compared to it...... I already have old camaros revving at me all day which i can take MOST of the time (i run 11.78 at the track on an auto)

GM knows how to do their engines and im just scared what a SC camaro will run. To the AVERAGE buyer, i dont think they will worry about weight at all. They care mostly on looks, price, and MPG these days. Only car enthusiasts like us will be interested in in all the weight, handling and stuff IMO.

I am obviously jealous on the new camaro. I know your not suppose to compare the 05+ gts to them since the 2010 or 2011 is coming out to but hey, theres still a gap btw the years where they are not out yet and the maros will be stumping on most mustang owners.

All in all, im pretty sure alot of mustang owners are green with envy on the kind of numbers the camaros engine puts out, but theres no reason to talk trash about each others cars. We are all car lovers and Ill have a Camaro SS soon too so ill have the best of both worlds.

One thing that makes me think is how did Edmunds test the SS camaro on the 1/4 and only run a 13.4 and the v6 14.6? Those are what currect mustang GTs and V6s run.
Those are GM's released numbers. Edmunds did not run them. The times are still in the works according to sources, as well as manufacturer claims usually being on the conservative side.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:48 PM

Why? If you've got what you claim to have, you'll mop the floor with the new SSs unless they get some work done to'em. What's there to be jealous about?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by TCMcQueen
Why? If you've got what you claim to have, you'll mop the floor with the new SSs unless they get some work done to'em. What's there to be jealous about?
Jealous because the new maros engine is bigger than mine and if the camaro had the same mod as i do, they would own? I know ill still own the SS's its just the thought that its ENGINE ALONE has a 4 in front of the horsepower numbers but it takes a SC for me to get that. Maybe jealous is not the right word. I dont know.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:57 PM

i dont really care, Ill have the Camaro also as soon as they start going for MSRP
Old 07-25-2008, 05:04 PM

Jealous because the new maros engine is bigger than mine and if the camaro had the same mod as i do, they would own? I know ill still own the SS's its just the thought that its ENGINE ALONE has a 4 in front of the horsepower numbers but it takes a SC for me to get that. Maybe jealous is not the right word. I dont know.
It's not Chevy's fault that Ford has always brought a knight to a gun fight.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 PM

Heh... try getting some good airflow out of a 2 valve head on a 3.550" bore.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
It's not Chevy's fault that Ford has always brought a knight to a gun fight.
ford has been the one holding the gun for a few years now.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by bossco
Heh... try getting some good airflow out of a 2 valve head on a 3.550" bore.
the 2v hasnt been used in the mustang for over 4 years now.

Last edited by TrickStang37; 07-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
ford has been the one holding the gun for a few years now.
Even so, they have it aimed directly at their foot.

Quick Reply: What Mustang guys think of the Camaro...