2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

What does the LS look like

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Talking What does the LS look like

I'm just trying to find a picture of what the LS looks like without the RS package. I'm thinking about buying the LS, the only part of the RS package I want is the headlights and what looks to be a rear spoiler in all the pics. Other than that they sell enough after market crap for less than 8+ grand to make up the 100hp I'm losing chosing the v8.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:55 PM

I'm also very curious to see what the Camaro looks like with steelies and no spoiler, but I'm especially interested to see what the fascia with no fogs looks like. I'd assume they're not paying for a separate bumper, so plugs? Trim Pieces? What will go there?

I'd guess there's virtually no advance orders for LS models. I'd guess most enthusiasts who are ordering this early are looking for a little more stuff.

I'm also assuming that LS models will be uncommon in general - mainly existing only to justify "Camaro - starting at only $22,999!" in ads.

Still wish you could get just the spoiler on the LS and LT...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Can't you just add the dealer installed spoiler to the LS?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:22 PM

I hope so. If i could add and build as i want then i would just buy the LS, add the headlight/fog light option, rear spolier and switch out the wheels to go with 20's in the front and 21's in the rear. What happened to the days when you could order your car the way you wanted it, with out bying packages different models of the car to get the 1 or 2 options you wanted yet your paying for heated seats and navigation systems.

Reguardless I'll spend the money because I want the car
Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sixnine
I hope so. If i could add and build as i want then i would just buy the LS, add the headlight/fog light option, rear spolier and switch out the wheels to go with 20's in the front and 21's in the rear. What happened to the days when you could order your car the way you wanted it, with out bying packages different models of the car to get the 1 or 2 options you wanted yet your paying for heated seats and navigation systems.

Headlights, foglights, spoiler, 20's, that sounds like you want the LT with RS package.... So what don't you want from the LT with RS package? Floor mats?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:06 PM

What happened to the days when you could order your car the way you wanted it, with out bying packages different models of the car to get the 1 or 2 options you wanted yet your paying for heated seats and navigation systems.

It's much easier on the manufacturer if there are packaged deals, rather than going through every possible option and checking yes or no. I would imagine it makes the assembly line more efficient, as well as maintaining part inventory.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 AM

In the 70's, Alvin Toffler wrote a book called, "Future Shock". Overall, a good book.

In the book, one of the topics discussed is the ability to have a "unique" product for each consumer. His example was the 1965 Mustang. There were enough option combinations such that every single person in the U.S. could buy a Mustang and have it be "unique".

However, auto manufacturers found that it is possible to offer too many options. No so much from the perspective of line costs; rather the issue became that the array of choices was so bewildering to the buying public that, generally speaking, buyers opted to not get options.

That is why the manufacturers started offering packages of options. By doing so, they sold far more options and consequently, made more money.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Admin Emeritus

[QUOTE=Bearcat Steve;5646023...the array of choices was so bewildering to the buying public that, generally speaking, buyers opted to not get options.[/QUOTE]

"Analysis paralysis"

That is why the manufacturers started offering packages of options. By doing so, they sold far more options and consequently, made more money.
Not the only reason, competition was absolutely nothing like what it is now. You only had the Big 3 then.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
MLL

Just for the record, RS package is NOT available on the LS.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Primus
Can't you just add the dealer installed spoiler to the LS?
Is the dealer installed spoiler the same as the SS and RS spoiler? If so, that's an option I would consider. Wouldn't want the "wing" I've seen on the accessories so far.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
Is the dealer installed spoiler the same as the SS and RS spoiler? If so, that's an option I would consider. Wouldn't want the "wing" I've seen on the accessories so far.
I believe the dealer installed spoiler is the taller "blade" spoiler we've heard of and not the "wing".
Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I believe the dealer installed spoiler is the taller "blade" spoiler we've heard of and not the "wing".
See, I would prefer the stock spoiler. It's virtually required to make the car look "finished" IMO. Once I see a production car I could totally change my mind, but every mule we saw without a spoiler looked like something was missing to me.

I'm the same way with second gens. They look strange with no spoiler to me - though some like them that way.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 AM

I wonder if GM has even built an LS yet.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:29 PM

I would say if you bought an LS, you could buy anything aftermarket to give it the look
you want. Take it to the bank!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by 8Banger
I would say if you bought an LS, you could buy anything aftermarket to give it the look
you want. Take it to the bank!
Exactly why i ordered the LS with the automatic yesterday.... I will use that 8K to do a higher horsepower LS based motor and stick a turbo on it once the 3.6 is blown to pieces...

BW