2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

What do you want in CamaroBuilder, version 2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 95birdible
Put the convertible option in there at about 4 to 5K. I am assuming it will be a cloth top with power up and down. That way all of us that are waiting for a Vert have something to play around with.
I'll put the convertible option in there as soon as GM announces a price, and specifies availability of other options on the convertible. Not before.

I want this tool to be as accurate as possible. There will be no guessing at prices or availability of options.

You're more than welcome to add $4000 on your own to whatever price CamaroBuilder tells you, and then assume that you'll be able to buy such a car.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
That's not a valid selection. The polished 20" wheels are available only on SS models, and only without the RS package.

If you get the RS package, you get the midnight silver wheels. No other options.
So you cannot opt for 20" Polished if you want a 2SS/RS?? You have to go for the Midnight Silver? What's the diff between the MS and Regular 20" wheels then??

Thanks JRobb,
-Ivan
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 AM

I could add a sales tax calculator (you enter the %), and maybe a loan payment calculator...
Sales taxes will be in the thousands of dollars range. I think a calculator would be helpful. At the very least it will remind people that their "total price" is actually a "pre-sales tax price".
Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Sales taxes will be in the thousands of dollars range. I think a calculator would be helpful. At the very least it will remind people that their "total price" is actually a "pre-sales tax price".
Of course, that also depends on any kind of trade-in or recent sale of a vehicle. At least in Missouri. If I trade in a car for $10,000 and I buy a $26,000 car I only have to pay taxes on $16,000.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by IPrice
So you cannot opt for 20" Polished if you want a 2SS/RS?? You have to go for the Midnight Silver? What's the diff between the MS and Regular 20" wheels then??

Thanks JRobb,
-Ivan
I didn't realize you couldn't specify the polished wheels with the RS package. Thats a pickle.

Just to clarify all the RS package really adds to the 2SS is HID halos, blackened taillights and red badges. Maybe the RS package is not that necessary.

edit: I see that the Midnight silver wheel is an RS only option as well.

Last edited by detltu; 10-17-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by IPrice
There are three different 20" wheels. All are aluminum. There is the painted silver wheel (standard on SS), the polished aluminum (optional on SS), and the painted midnight silver (required with RS).

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the midnight silver is just a deeper/darker silver color. I envision it being similar to the cyber gray paint color.

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
I agree.

Originally Posted by detltu
Just to clarify all the RS package really adds to the 2SS is HID halos, blackened taillights and red badges. Maybe the RS package is not that necessary.
It also includes body-color roof ditch molding. A minor thing, but should make for a much cleaner look.

I just heard confirmation that the polished 20" wheels will be available with the RS package. I'll make sure to update that as well.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:51 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

That's not a valid selection. The polished 20" wheels are available only on SS models, and only without the RS package.

If you get the RS package, you get the midnight silver wheels. No other options.
news flash... I just gave Jason the heads up. GM is going to allow 20" polished with RS. Those with orders will have to get them updated.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

I just heard confirmation that the polished 20" wheels will be available with the RS package. I'll make sure to update that as well.
Originally Posted by ChrisL
news flash... I just gave Jason the heads up. GM is going to allow 20" polished with RS. Those with orders will have to get them updated.
Thanks, he relayed the message already.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 PM

Thanks, he relayed the message already.

So how do you get your dealer to make that change in the order? I am on my way today to place the order, and need to know how to explain that to them...I want the RS option, but the polished wheels would be much nicer than the painted....

Thanks for the update!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 PM

Wow you gonna have a lot of "if then statements" when redoing the bulider. I would suggest you have some mouse overs explaining what some the features mean or contain. Such as what is including in the RS package. I know most of us know on this board but to someone who is a new Camaro fan might not know.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS
So how do you get your dealer to make that change in the order? I am on my way today to place the order, and need to know how to explain that to them...I want the RS option, but the polished wheels would be much nicer than the painted....
It will take a few days for the system to update, so just call them in a week and have them change it on the order. You have until sometime around February to change things around.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:37 PM

It also includes body-color roof ditch molding. A minor thing, but should make for a much cleaner look.

Still not completely sure what that is (ditch molding). Awesome about the polished wheels. the midnight silver looks cool, but I have a feeling I will prefer the polished wheels.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
It will take a few days for the system to update, so just call them in a week and have them change it on the order. You have until sometime around February to change things around.
Thanks for answering that so quickly...I will do that sometime in the next week or so Please continue to post up, if it changes to some sort of option code
Old 10-17-2008, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Even with the V6?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by detltu
Still not completely sure what that is (ditch molding). Awesome about the polished wheels. the midnight silver looks cool, but I have a feeling I will prefer the polished wheels.

It's the part that's circled just to the right of the sunroof above the door.

Quick Reply: What do you want in CamaroBuilder, version 2?