2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

WHat do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 02:17 AM
Advanced Member

WHat do you think?

I honestly think GM leaks thier own Photo's as a Publicity stunt. I haven't exactly ever seen a "spy shot" from GM's latest creations... why are thier photo's that are leaked always professional magazine worthy shots.... not ones that look like a guy was hiding in the bushes and snuck out his camera... like the ones that emerge from other manufacturers.

1. remember the C6 Z06 leak... it had pictures for the brochure... with it proped up next to the C6R

Now you have the infamous Silver Camaro with the Magazine worthy Covershots.No Leather... no tape... jsut out in the open... and they always seem to appear Months or weeks before an unvailing... coincidence? Who knows.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:38 AM

Re: WHat do you think?

I really don't think they wanted these pictures out. At all.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:55 AM

how do they have a spy car driving around on the road when they don't even have a working prototype yet? the car in the leaked pics is a clay model or CGI
Old 12-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

I was refering to how revieled and out in the open the car was, like there were no attempts to hide it's design... even when Ford had it's non Finctional GT model they kept it covered at ALL times especially IN THE OPEN.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:17 AM

This is at their design studio... notice the turntable it's sitting on. This is where they can see the car out in naural light in order to gain a better perspective on things.

I really don't think they wanted these out... I trust what Scott says and he came off a little pissed about it all so yeah, these were not supposed to be leaked.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by ADV1
This is at their design studio... notice the turntable it's sitting on. This is where they can see the car out in naural light in order to gain a better perspective on things.

I really don't think they wanted these out... I trust what Scott says and he came off a little pissed about it all so yeah, these were not supposed to be leaked.
I can understand the Claymodel pics, but not the chassis CAD along with.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 AM

Agreed, somethings fishy.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Disciple

Honestly, I'm not convinced one way or the other right now.

I'm sitting in the middle with my face on.

We'll find out over the next few weeks though!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
I honestly think GM leaks thier own Photo's as a Publicity stunt. I haven't exactly ever seen a "spy shot" from GM's latest creations... why are thier photo's that are leaked always professional magazine worthy shots.... not ones that look like a guy was hiding in the bushes and snuck out his camera... like the ones that emerge from other manufacturers. jsut out in the open... and they always seem to appear Months or weeks before an unvailing... coincidence? Who knows.
Of course it's a publicity stunt. IF it was done by GM. I believe it was. How many people are going to plan to go to the car show if they don't see anything before hand? Look at it the other way, how many will go to see it if they have an idea of what it looks like? My wife likes the picture. I'm kinda luke warm.

Also, why would GM leak a photo of a car with black tape/cover sheets all over it? Why would they have those "spy" photos anyway? Why would they pretend someone caught a shot of the prototype anyway? If they have pictures laying around, they would most likely be high quality. If you're sitting around discussing/planning/coniving based on pictures, wouldn't you have the best pictures to work from.

Now just suppose some off the wall employee grabs a photo and photo copies it before someone notices it's gone. He/she wouldn't grab some "spy photo".

Let's face it, what ever it is, will based on the current GTO chassis. Being that the GTO was out at the same time the Chevelle was I feel it more likely to be called a Chevelle. BUT and this is a BIG BUT, is it even likely to see production with the down turn in 2 door RWD cars and the latest problems with GM?

Anyone know how stellar the GTO sales have been the last 2 years?

I'm asking.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by speedygonzales

Let's face it, what ever it is, will based on the current GTO chassis. Being that the GTO was out at the same time the Chevelle was I feel it more likely to be called a Chevelle. BUT and this is a BIG BUT, is it even likely to see production with the down turn in 2 door RWD cars and the latest problems with GM?
That's real interesting since the model in the photos says "CAMARO" on the fender and the bumper.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by speedygonzales
Are you Barnaby Jones?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:20 AM

Not always the case. The first "spy shots" of the GMT 900s were from a camera phone.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
That's real interesting since the model in the photos says "CAMARO" on the fender and the bumper.

And that it looks just like a 1st gen Camaro and nothing else.