2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Under MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:01 PM

Under MSRP

sorry if posted on the board
Do anybody know where i can get the new camaro for less than msrp if so do you know the estimated cost for me to get shipped to Memphis TN because im 17 years old and this will be my first car and i got $17000 in the bank to go down on the car and i dont wont to have to alot of money every month on the car because the job that i go dont pay alot and i dont get alot of hour?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:10 PM

Try your local dealer about a week after the debut.

If I had $17G in the bank at 17, I'd use it for college, seriously. My student loans are still a pain in my ****, and they alone would nearly cover a new V6 payment, or go a long way to an SS.

I bought a Corvette the day I graduated college, after securing a salaried position and had built up a credit history and an ok driving record (couple of minor speeding tix). My insurance was still $300/mo and I was 21. FWIW.

Last edited by 2lane69; 11-28-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:49 PM

I haven't heard anything around where I live ( Centrall Illinois).
Old 11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Admin Emeritus

I have had to delete some very uncalled for comments here. Yes, it makes things easier to read when properly formatted, but this a car community, not grammar 101 and certainly not the site to act rude to people on.

If you don't have an answer to the question, there is no need to waste everyone's time by criticizing the quality of the sentence structure.

lrgguru, do a quick search, I believe there are some other threads going on already about it. We are building a dealer network that will be very robust and will be released here just after the start of production. Everyone will love it.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:47 PM

One thing I know for sure, you wont be able to find a Camaro in the first year under MSRP, try saving up more for the 'll or '12 model year.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Banned

Oh, please. Given the economy, the dealerships will probably have them sitting on the lots. The Dodge dealers all thought they were going to charge over msrp for Challengers, too.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:09 AM

My company has a discount that is supposed to be around 4.5% above employee pricing or 96.2% of the MSRP which will save me a few dollars.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by lrgguru
sorry if posted on the board
Do anybody know where i can get the new camaro for less than msrp if so do you know the estimated cost for me to get shipped to Memphis TN because im 17 years old and this will be my first car and i got $17000 in the bank to go down on the car and i dont wont to have to alot of money every month on the car because the job that i go dont pay alot and i dont get alot of hour?
1. If you are expecting a Camaro for below MSRP when it comes out, you're dreaming. If you seriously want one for below MSRP, either wait till Camaro's 2nd year of production or wait and buy one used.

2. I have to question the probability & likelyhood (or at least the prospect that this person has even thought this through more than 60 seconds) of the seriousness of this post.

Not a flame, but consider:

a) at 17, you are currently in 11th or 12th grade.

b) you say you have $17,000 in the bank, but not alot of money to go towards a monthly payment. What job do you have?

c) Saying you could find someone to finance a 17 year old (or even 18) with an extremely short job history, the 6 year finance charge with 17 grand down on a base model will be about 10 grand in balence + intrest. That's about $138 per month if you have sterling credit and get an outstanding intrest rate.... and have a long credit history.

d) At 17, you have been off a learners permit for no more than 1 year, and likely less (16 is the minimum age in Tenessee). You are going to be extremely lucky to get a good insurence rate on a 1992 Camaro, let alone a brand new 2010 model. Then there's the fact that you MUST have full coverage since the car will be financed. You will certainly be paying roughly $800 to $1000 per month insurence alone.... and I'm being highly generous at even that dollar figure.

I am in no means slamming you or putting you down in any way. However, based on what you have posted, it's at the very least evident you have you have a lot of money in the bank for someone your age, and you feel that you can simply find an extremely underpriced all new (assuming V6) Camaro, buy it, and drive off being the center of attention of your friends and impressing everyone. But also, based on what you have posted, you haven't thought this out completely and haven't faced the reality that awaits you in attempting to do this.

My strong advice (based on what you have posted) is if you MUST have a Camaro, get yourself a good 4th gen. Even a top condition 2002 Camaro SS can be had for about $17K. Then you only have to pay for the insurence (which WILL be ASTRONOMICAL because of your age and driving experience), you have a sharp looking car, and it's still a Camaro (Honestly, I'd prefer a new driver have a V6 4th gen instead of an LS1 powered highway missle).

Normally, I don't reccomend a car that powerful to anyone your age because it's easy for hormones to take over and you end up taking yourself or someone else out because these cars are well beyond the capability of someone with only a couple of years driving experience will have. However, a 2010 V6 Camaro will get you into the same amount of trouble just as quickly as a 4th gen LS1, so the point is moot in this case.

You'll likely disregard this advice, but I'm certain if you choose to go down that path to getting a 2010 Camaro, you'll find out that everything I point out is true.

Originally Posted by blackflag
Oh, please. Given the economy, the dealerships will probably have them sitting on the lots. The Dodge dealers all thought they were going to charge over msrp for Challengers, too.
...And they grossly did charge over MSRP on the SRT models. Regular prices came on line when regular production ramped up and 2 other models were put on sale.

Today, (even with the economy) it's still difficult finding an Challenger R/T for MSRP (unless you live in the snowbelt where RWD sports coupe sales are seasonal).

Last edited by guionM; 11-28-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:31 PM

^^

What he said.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
1. If you are expecting a Camaro for below MSRP when it comes out, you're dreaming. If you seriously want one for below MSRP, either wait till Camaro's 2nd year of production or wait and buy one used.

2. I have to question the probability & likelyhood (or at least the prospect that this person has even thought this through more than 60 seconds) of the seriousness of this post.

Not a flame, but consider:

a) at 17, you are currently in 11th or 12th grade.

b) you say you have $17,000 in the bank, but not alot of money to go towards a monthly payment. What job do you have?

c) Saying you could find someone to finance a 17 year old (or even 18) with an extremely short job history, the 6 year finance charge with 17 grand down on a base model will be about 10 grand in balence + intrest. That's about $138 per month if you have sterling credit and get an outstanding intrest rate.... and have a long credit history.

d) At 17, you have been off a learners permit for no more than 1 year, and likely less (16 is the minimum age in Tenessee). You are going to be extremely lucky to get a good insurence rate on a 1992 Camaro, let alone a brand new 2010 model. Then there's the fact that you MUST have full coverage since the car will be financed. You will certainly be paying roughly $800 to $1000 per month insurence alone.... and I'm being highly generous at even that dollar figure.

I am in no means slamming you or putting you down in any way. However, based on what you have posted, it's at the very least evident you have you have a lot of money in the bank for someone your age, and you feel that you can simply find an extremely underpriced all new (assuming V6) Camaro, buy it, and drive off being the center of attention of your friends and impressing everyone. But also, based on what you have posted, you haven't thought this out completely and haven't faced the reality that awaits you in attempting to do this.

My strong advice (based on what you have posted) is if you MUST have a Camaro, get yourself a good 4th gen. Even a top condition 2002 Camaro SS can be had for about $17K. Then you only have to pay for the insurence (which WILL be ASTRONOMICAL because of your age and driving experience), you have a sharp looking car, and it's still a Camaro (Honestly, I'd prefer a new driver have a V6 4th gen instead of an LS1 powered highway missle).

Normally, I don't reccomend a car that powerful to anyone your age because it's easy for hormones to take over and you end up taking yourself or someone else out because these cars are well beyond the capability of someone with only a couple of years driving experience will have. However, a 2010 V6 Camaro will get you into the same amount of trouble just as quickly as a 4th gen LS1, so the point is moot in this case.

You'll likely disregard this advice, but I'm certain if you choose to go down that path to getting a 2010 Camaro, you'll find out that everything I point out is true.
I agree 100% And just to add my .02 cents, 17G is ALOT of money for someone 17 Im impressed. In addition to what Guy said with the sky high insurance rates, you plunk that money down and its gone. The next car after that may not be as nice, your savings gone and youre still living at home. Then you go from the most envied to wondering what happened. For what its worth, Id invest in yourself in your career be it a tech school, college or what have you, then take another look at a 5th Gen Camaro. Then after that you would be able to replace that Camaro with another.

I am a Camaro fan, but I also believe in getting to a position where you can get one. Not flaming you at all, just friendly advice. Do with it as you wish and it is your money, but 17G would be excellent to get into a college, tech school, or even get you started in life. Frankly, at 17 with 17000 Im a bit jelous. Wish I had that at 17.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 11-28-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:31 PM

gunionm
a) i will be 18 feb 03 and im in the 12th
b) what im saying is i wont have alot of extra money so im trying to find a price where i can have more extra money
c) i will be a driver under my grandmother's insurance who is 62 years old
Old 11-28-2008, 06:35 PM

I would not do it young man. I understand your desire for the car, trust me, but I dont think that you will be able to keep up with payments, insurance, not to mention others.
I would save the money and invest it into some sort of low risk investment and head off to college.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:47 PM

To the specific question about MSRP. I disagree with those who predict a full year before you will be able to by under MSRP. This is a high production car and GM will flood the market with these cars within a few months. I suspect within 4-6 months you will see discounting. Since there is some info that SS models will be at lower production it seems likely that the SS car prices will remain around of above MSRP for a little longer. If you pay attention to other cars on the market that have high demand such as the Challanger you will note that the phenonmenon of commanding above MSRP dies off quickly on high production cars. Heck I can buy a GT500 under MSRP and the ZR1 is dropping quickly also and those cars are pretty limited in production numbers.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:07 PM

Why don't you guys mind your own business?

The kid asked where he could get a car for under MSRP, not a 12 page discourse on the rights and wrongs of car ownership in highschool.

If you know the answer, give him the answer, otherwise, just like the bad grammar post, leave him alone.

Let the guy make his own mistakes and learn from them in due time. He won't listen to you anyway, so what's the point?
Old 11-29-2008, 04:18 PM

amen monstertodd

Quick Reply: Under MSRP