2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you who insisted that the Camaro is a "certainty"..

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:58 PM

I would venture to say it's both....irresponsible lending AND borrowing. I think our current situation SHOULD correct some of that in the near future.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Banned

This is the only worthwhile post in this thread:

Originally Posted by ForYourMalice
Because that money is not tied to anything - it is artificial - they print it out of thin air. The poisonous Fed has pumped well over $1 trillion of this kind of money into the system in the past few months. What does this cause? Inflation - a gigaton worth of it. In fact, many well respected economists feel that we are in the verge of hyperinflation, and more bailouts would make this all but certain. The dollar will plummet in value, and that will remove the US from the global economy - a result much worse than GM eating a bullet (although this would be harder in the short run).

Wow, way to entirely miss the point. GM's cash problem has been rapidly accelerating to the point that IT MAY NOT BE IN EXISTENCE LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE THE CAMARO... or any car for that matter. You can call BS all you want, that doesn't change the facts surrounding their situation. Its the 11th hour for them.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
The real dangers are Deflation, Underfunded government. But the worse by far is a population that's so uneducated and so intellectually unintrested in actually taking the time and finding out facts that they'd rather parrot what some shrill says or is far more intrested in carrying some imaginary conservative or liberal banner and espouse ideas that would exasberate problems or even collaspe the United States' economy.

Federal expendatures go ballistic when the economy goes down. Money goes out to the unemployed, various state agencies, and troubled businesses while money coming in as taxes plunges. That can be answered in 3 ways: Increased taxes, increased borrowing (most likely from China), or increase the amount of money in circulation (lowering the value of money and risking increased inflation). Pumping money to fix the problem as fast as possible is the best answer to minimize those 3 actions.

The issue here is simply getting loans. Loans to buy cars & homes, run businesses. Things that create the need for production and work. We get the money flowing, we get the economy moving.

If we don't, we're in deep doodoo.
The unfortunate caveat with all of this, is that our economy cannot sustain itself when it is run this way. Attempting to fix a debt problem with more debt is the equivalent of showing up at the ER with a stab wound and then the doctor sticking 4 knives in the wound to stop the bleeding. I have no doubt in my mind that we will be surpassed as a world superpower inside of 20 years, mostly due to the fact that we have no sound monetary policy. But I guess in our apathetic state, the easiest fix is always the best.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by snooter
ahh..like you guys should learn how to build a product that people actually want to buy that is not in for repair 3 months after purchase?...

If I knew where you were I would honestly slap the **** out of you
for disrespecting Scott Have some respect you SOB !
Old 11-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by AZ2ENVY
If I knew where you were I would honestly slap the **** out of you
for disrespecting Scott Have some respect you SOB !
And I have your back. Don't **** in the wind snooter. Know where you are and what forum you are pissing in.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Okay, calm down all...the point was made, all is cool.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ForYourMalice
The unfortunate caveat with all of this, is that our economy cannot sustain itself when it is run this way. Attempting to fix a debt problem with more debt is the equivalent of showing up at the ER with a stab wound and then the doctor sticking 4 knives in the wound to stop the bleeding. I have no doubt in my mind that we will be surpassed as a world superpower inside of 20 years, mostly due to the fact that we have no sound monetary policy. But I guess in our apathetic state, the easiest fix is always the best.
Good point, but he is right on for his point. Taking on more debt will definatly prevent deflation, especially a trillion dollars at a time. It is the thought process that is wrong.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Okay, calm down all...the point was made, all is cool.

*CJ puts his wupping stick away, rolls down sleaves, kicks dirt over voodoo doll and makes nice. *