2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of us not going to indy....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dragoneye
I also own a Cobalt -- The Camaro is significantly wider than our car is (almost 10 inches), so while relatively it looks smaller...the trunk opening may be about the same width as ours.
I don't think so. Even relative to the width of the car it looks smaller to me. At the very least the front of the opening is narrower.

Originally Posted by Dragoneye
Anyways, here's the picture you were talking about. Though...he's not an engineer for the car...we like to call him 'Shunt'.
Ah, thanks. I didn't know who it was. Just remembered seeing that pic a while back.

Name:  shunt.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  88.8 KB[/QUOTE]

Old 09-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

All, keep these questions coming. This is not a request from me directly...
Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 PM

I dont know if this is the right area to put this, but does the Ambient interior lighting come standard on the LT's. I was just wondering. Also, will the V6 car have the ability to switch out engines so maybe later on, so that any one who purchases the car can put in a nice Chevy V8's in the future?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:50 AM

I would like to know two small details about the car. First does the window drop down a little when the door is opened like the vette and mustang. Second does the turn signal have a relay like the vette where when you change lanes and hit the stalk once the turn signal flashes three times. I really like that feature on the vette.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 PM

First post is updated with everything above here. If your question hasn't been addressed its because the information is already out there or its information that most likely wont be available (electrical/plumbing schematics, engine swap, etc..).
Old 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM

i've heard of trunk monkeys, but never trunk shunt's. How much more to the price will a trunk 'Shunt" cost over MSRP? Is it a dealer option or is it aftermarket? Could one add a trunk "shunt" at a later date? Is the Trunk "shunt" warrentyable? or does by installing a trunk "shunt" void your manufacturer warrenty? How many uses do you get out of your trunk "shunt" before we have to replace him? Thanks.

LOL.

Im mostly more curious on the convertible information. Definate dates, for one.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 PM

Additional questions for Indy visit:

- How comfortable will a 6'3" driver be? (not large or fat; good shape)
- Shoulder width/clearance with two 6'3" front occupants
- Ingress and egress from drivers seat. Is there sufficient head clearance or will you have to duck a bit to clear the roof edge? What about getting out?
- Some posts indicate that the occupants "tend" to sit rather low in the vehicle? Will the wife have a problem trying to get out of the vehicle with a dress on?
- With the seats in the full-back position, how much leg room in the rear? How much clearance from the front seat back to the rear seat edge?
- More details on the eluded-to interior lighting. Some of the videos of the Proving Ground visitors said "whoa!" and "that's cool." What were they seeing?
- The "bar" shown spanning the dash board in the interior shots is blue. Is this LED lighting? Is it only blue or is it user selectable colors?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 PM

If someone could find the questions to the following questions I would be very grateful:

1. I know there will be a USB interface will that include an ipod interface that can control the ipod from steering wheel controls?

2. Will the tinted wheels be availible with all color cars?

3. Do the front seats have a switch near the headrest that allows you to move the seat forward for rear seat passenger without having to lean over? The GTO had this feature and it was very nice.

4. Can someone from GM confirm HUD availiblity in approx Dec 2009, or has that date moved at all? Also confirmation of a HUD at all would help.

5. Any chance of Brembos on the V6 as an option in the future? I think it would be very popular.

Thanks

Tom
Old 09-12-2008, 09:49 PM

Questions added... Please keep in mind these are for the current and announced model/options, future options are still considered not available to the public. I am VERY sure that as soon as those inside can tell us we will hear about it before 90% of the general public.

GMPG7783 all of those can be answered by searching the forums, or just watch the videos of the disciples (several are of the tall variety).
Old 09-13-2008, 09:11 AM

Could we get some rear gear specifics? When the '04/'06 GTO's came out there weren't many choices for aftermarket gears. Is this rear using a common ring gear and pinion?
Or doesn't this event get that in depth?
Also, some honest answers about IRS durability would be nice! (I'm hoping at Indy they won't be limited to saying "It'll be good")

Last edited by Andy30thZ; 09-13-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 PM

Bump for 3 days left! YAY!

Also added another question from the pod cast!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:07 PM

Bump... probably for the last time.. get your questions in.. I'm sure whoever is going isnt going to be checking this friday!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Admin Emeritus

But I will tomorrow. I would get them in by 5pm EST at the latest.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 PM

1) Can back seats be lowered from the trunk area with with a lever, cable or something? (like Camry for example)

2) Are there any separate, extra compartments for storage within the trunk?

3) Is it possible to lower/raise power windows with the remote? (maybe with key in the door lock like Jetta)

4) DIC questions:
a) What data will be available on the DIC and can I program the display to show certain things?
b) Can DIC double as a semi-HUD say.. with the speed and RPM displayed as big numbers in the middle to accompany the stock gauges?
c) Does it have a cool "splash screen" on startup?
d) Will there be available a Data Display option like the Cobalt?

5) homelink available?

6) Is there a place where you could add an extra "stock" switch for a line lock or something and it would look "stock"? -- for example the extra locations below the center AC vents in the 4th gen Camaro.

7) pic of glove box open?

8) Is there a sunglasses storage area?

9) will it be necessary to take the blade key to the dealer to have the battery changed? (like VW)

10) would someone please take some close-up photos of the key? I'd like to see the mechanism because the VW key WILL open in your pocket.

11) Are there AC vents in the back seat area?

12) Are there courtesy lights in the back seat area?

13) Are the floormats all cloth or are they like the heavy-duty rubber VW Monster Mats or something else?

14) Do floormats ATTACH to the floor? This would be nice. I get tired of pulling my floormat back all the time.

15) Is there a trunk light and/or under-hood light?

15) can somebody get a pic of the actual "Shunt" from one of the IVERS?

THANK YOU!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 AM

Great questions rcowan99! Added!