2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

A THANK YOU to Scott Settlemire

Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 AM

A THANK YOU to Scott Settlemire

Scott,

Through my Camaro years, I have seen some cool stuff, however, last night at the Texas State Fair was probably with out a doubt one of the most emotional and exciting times I have ever head. Watching the car roll up was breathtaking, and seeing the reactions from everyone else was just awesome. I still have a smile on my face and I can’t stop thinking about it.

To me, this is more than a car, it’s an icon and it symbolizes a lot of memories with me, as it does a lot of people. The plethora of emotions I went through as you drove the car up was unmistakably summed up by that of happiness. I am so happy that we finally get our beloved Camaro back at last, and seeing the final version in person for the first time was truly a sight I will never forget.

I appreciate you taking the time to have multiple small conversations with me. I spoke with you a little bit about the car, and about working for GM, and how excited I was. My wife Heidi and I talked to you about how to get my foot in the door at GM, and what needed to be done to make it happen. But most of all I just want to say thank you for everything you have done for the enthusiast community, for being our link to GM and the camaro, and for being our friend.

You are a wonderful guy, and from the time I have spent with you and talking to you, you are also probably one of the nicest guys I know. Thank you for the invite to the unveiling, thanks for taking the time to talk to us, and thank you for everything else you do. I honestly wish you could get the first Camaro that rolls off the line…you deserve it.

-Hunter Ferrell
a.k.a. Z/28lover
a.k.a. Stig