2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid salesman

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Stupid salesman

I went to a dealership this weekend and we was talking about a new silverado and then we started talking about the new camaro. We was talking and out of no where he said that they are going to start out at 40,000 i said 40,000 I'm thinking more about 30,000 then he said that the aren't going to be mass produced like in 69. I should have set him straight but i didn't and say then why did bob lutz say that they are planning on selling 150,000 a year isn't that mass produced. So i asked him if he was talking just for the first year and he said no what an idiot.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:31 PM

Not the first, or the last time, you'll here incorrect info. from a car salesmen.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:32 PM

You're lucky to find a salesman that knows much about his CURRENT product, much less one thats 2 years away.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Great way for him to chase customers away. If only a car salesman was required to know his product like other salesmen are...
Old 03-11-2007, 08:09 PM

heck post his number and name and well will set him in the right direction

hehehe j/k
Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by SSRich
I went to a dealership this weekend and we was talking about a new silverado and then we started talking about the new camaro. We was talking and out of no where he said that they are going to start out at 40,000 i said 40,000 I'm thinking more about 30,000 then he said that the aren't going to be mass produced like in 69. I should have set him straight but i didn't and say then why did bob lutz say that they are planning on selling 150,000 a year isn't that mass produced. So i asked him if he was talking just for the first year and he said no what an idiot.

2 years away, and already these boneheads are determined to kill it! They are out pricing the exact target market of this car (younger buyers >50) Bet this just puts a big smile on the Ford dealers` faces! "New Camaro threaten the Mustang? Nah, we got the Chevy dealers on our side!"

Post their phone number!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk312

2 years away, and already these boneheads are determined to kill it! They are out pricing the exact target market of this car (younger buyers >50) Bet this just puts a big smile on the Ford dealers` faces! "New Camaro threaten the Mustang? Nah, we got the Chevy dealers on our side!"

Post their phone number!
I wouldn't worry too much.... I am sure that if someone is truely interested in the Camaro they will not take the word of some bonehead salesman as fact when the car is still more than a year off.... Once the pricing information is released all of this speculation can be laid to rest and the rumor mill can stop working overtime
Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Casull
I wouldn't worry too much.... I am sure that if someone is truely interested in the Camaro they will not take the word of some bonehead salesman as fact when the car is still more than a year off.... Once the pricing information is released all of this speculation can be laid to rest and the rumor mill can stop working overtime

True. I guess I am just thinking of back when the 4th gens weren`t selling because of salesman asking waaaayyyyy over sticker because they thought they had something special (I think this was just after it was announced that they would no longer be produced), and the same with the GTO when it first came out. I remember dealers asking sticker for used ones! No wonder they didnt sell.
I hope we dont see price gouging right off the bat with the new Camaros.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk312
True. I guess I am just thinking of back when the 4th gens weren`t selling because of salesman asking waaaayyyyy over sticker because they thought they had something special (I think this was just after it was announced that they would no longer be produced), and the same with the GTO when it first came out. I remember dealers asking sticker for used ones! No wonder they didnt sell.
I hope we dont see price gouging right off the bat with the new Camaros.
I understand your pain. unfortunately there will be from the dealers that like to do that sort of thing. It is sad that they are always looking for shatever short term profit they can gain, even at the expense of long term customers.

There will be price gouging on the Camaro just like any other high demand vehicle simply becasue GM will not be able to give every dealer 10 of them right off the bat... they will have to trickle into dealers showrooms, which means first come first serve... believe it or not, there are people who will be willing to pay a few thousand over sticker for them.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM

Atlest that dealer knew it was coming, I talked to one yesterday who never knew there was a new one being made.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:37 AM

Posts like this are the reason why I hate the colleagues in my profession. Off to beat my sales staff in the head. Why? Because I can, that's why
Old 03-14-2007, 08:27 AM

My dealer thinks the car is going to sell for $80k.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Giving misinformation is worse than no info at all! All it would take is a little bit of training to at least be able to talk to people about the 5th Gen!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:44 AM

You know, he could just be trying to mess with your head so you will buy something he's got on the lot, and not wait for the Camaro.

Not everyone knows what is going on, and it might work for a sucker or two.

Of course, he could just be an idiot.

Either way, it is terrible the salesman is either that greedy to knowingly lie, or that ignorant that to unknowingly lie.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
Not the first, or the last time, you'll here incorrect info. from a car salesmen.
Hahaha Good one! No kidding.

Quick Reply: Stupid salesman