2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Some thoughts on the pictures........

Old 12-07-2005, 01:53 PM

Re: Some thoughts on the pictures........

Originally Posted by DR EVYL
Yeah, I know.. Lutz said the Firebird was "dead".
Someone chimed in a few days ago that said his friend actually talked to Lutz for a few seconds, and supposedly when asked about the Firebird Lutz said "we're working on it." Definetly don't know how accurate that is though.

I think the tail lights would look significantly better if they were more similar to Kris Horton's rendition.

http://www.carphotoalbums.com/photos...camaro03_z.jpg

Originally Posted by 0toinsanein5.4sec
Although im not too big of a fan on the guage cluster for the interior drawing, but i dont worry about that too much as it is still on concept form and concept interiors are always out there.
Thanks for reminding me about the Interior drawings!

What I liked about the interior drawings were the use of color. I like the hugger orange being carried over from the hood stripes. I like the gauge faces being a coordinating hugger orange as well. I hope they take some cues form the GTO and offer color-coordinated gauge faces depending on exterior colors! I also like the coordinated stiching coloring (again, ala GTO). Finally, I liked the way the "color band" flowed across the dash and into the door panels.

Also, I like the secondary guages being in the center stack, ala 1st gen. Pretty cool, IMO.

I do NOT like the "circles in squares" primary gauges though... I know this is 1st gen themed as well, but I was never crazy about that part of the 1st gens. The look like headlights from a Mustang II or something to me being circles in squares.

Last edited by Darth Xed; 12-07-2005 at 01:55 PM.

When were the pics taken? Recently or long time ago?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:58 PM

Dunno if its just the sketch but I hate the dash. Too plain. I like the dual cockpit design of the last gen Mustang. I even like the Corvette dash.

The tail lights are too corvette-esque. Don't like them at all.

Other than that, I like everything else about the concept.

I would buy it if it was priced right.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
, and supposedly when asked about the Firebird Lutz said "we're working on it." Definetly don't know how accurate that is though.
Now this interests me...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 PM

I think it will look really good in my garage, I can't wait until I can trade my Formula in on a new Camaro. I really like the overall shape of the car and the fact that it has a trunk, having a trunk instead of a hatch give it a more muscular look. I’ll be looking forward to seeing the finished concept.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM

I guess ill get a little more detailed and nit-picky with my constructive criticism. I think the exhaust tips should be round, definately the passenger sides fog lights (makes it look meaner ). Im not a fan of square guages and im also not a fan of separated guages. Some type of spoiler may also help

The rest? Amazing. I love the wheels, their size, the cowl, the fender bulgdes, the coke bottle shape, the trunk, i could go on and on.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:02 PM

Someone chimed in a few days ago that said his friend actually talked to Lutz for a few seconds, and supposedly when asked about the Firebird Lutz said "we're working on it." Definetly don't know how accurate that is though.

If this does happen..... I really hope they take the oppourtunity to differentiate them looks-wise.... They could have their retro flavored pony car in Camaro, and a modern/fututstic car in the Firebird.

You could really have all the styling bases covered in this scenario.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:03 PM

One can only hope. I'm certainly one of the Poncho flock that hasn't given up on the idea of a new 'Bird, but I know most people have considered its demise to be a done deal. To me it just seems wrong to have a Camaro without a Firebird. It's been like that since day one, it should continue to be that way in the future.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:04 PM

Well, since its being acknowledged, I'll give my $.02 of a critique:

I absolutely love the front end and the overall profile. It doesn't look too retro, but still has the long deck/short hood style of all Camaros. It's still modern looking. Very masculine looking. I like the sharp lines with curves. The headlights fit nicely with the car too. The rear quater panels look exceptionally good. They blend well with the coupe body. I think the greenhouse looks really nice too.the A pillar isn't too thin, and unlike 4th gens, it's body color. The only part that I'm not to crazy about is the rear. The overall shape is serviceable, but the taillights look crunched. I think something closer to the C6's would look better, maybe using smaller cirlces though. I really like the idea of using the quad taillights like the Vette. The exhaust pipes look like they need to be blended with the rest of the back end. They look a little "lost" in the design. The wheels look great as does the hood. All in all I give her an 8 out of 10. Great work! I can't wait to see the real thing in person.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the interior. It's hard for me to judge concept interior sketches, so I'll wait till I see it in person. It does seem a little spartan at first look.

Last edited by Sixer-Bird; 12-07-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:05 PM

All I can say about the pics is I nearly shorted my laptop with drool.

The overall impression I get is just amazing. The only real issue I have with it is the tail lights. To me the they're too blocky and just don't fit in.

Its coming just in time for me to get my degree, start making money and trade in the 6 bangin '94 for a brand new Z28 so you can chalk up one guarenteed sale right now.

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Thank you, Stars1010............no, you cannot have the keys to it, but I look forward to seeing you in Dallas and getting your thoughts when you see it in person.
Sounds Good

Well while my final judgment and thoughts will be held till Dallas I’ll give my short run down on here since it looks like its ok now.

Ok……when I look at the nose I immediately like the right rendition better. I like how the lower lip seems to roll down unlike the left side which appears to be more horizontal. I don’t like the fog light on the right though. I would rather have something that doesn’t protrude from the body line and I actually like the less circular design of the fog light on the left.

The headlights and grill make me think the 4th gen meets 1st gen. And I like this but I honestly don’t know why……It looks cool?

I like the hood, but it doesn’t do a lot for me. Something I’d rather comment about in person.
Just hard to tell with the stupid LS1tch watermark.

My favorite part of this car is the green house! Looks again a bit 1st gen but for some reason that doesn’t bug me. The way the B pillar rolls into the trunk and quarter panel just plain turns me on. Such a sexy line! Don’t mess with this part of the car too much.

I’m going to hold my comments on the side of the car / door area. Right now it doesn’t do a lot for me. Going to have to make the call in person.

The rear end is a great start. I love how all the body line flow into it but at the same time it has a very futuristic edgy style to it. It does sit a bit high in my eyes though. Something needs to be done with the exhaust. I’m going o say why when I see them in person, but right now I just don’t get the initial reaction.

The taillight are perfect. Exactly what I wanted. They fit perfectly with the rear body lines and I’m just so happy y’all decided to get “vette” “2nd gen” style with them.

Overall ranking I give it an 8 out of 10. If the NAIAS concept addresses just a few issues it will be a 10. I would buy a car with this styling theme. Good Job.

Edit to Scott:
One other note, I’ll be more critical in person. Constructively, but more critical.

Last edited by stars1010; 12-07-2005 at 02:08 PM.

That being said, for me to consider buying a camaro it wouldn have to be something that knocks me over in design etc. I'm a firebird/trans am guy at heart, the only camaro in the past that I would consider in my driveway would be a 1st gen. We'll see come January how much I can be persuaded
Old 12-07-2005, 02:13 PM

The stance is very good, along with the flares around the wheels (then again, every concept has a good stance so we'd have to wait to see how it translates to production). I also think the wheels match the character of the vehicle, having a bit of old-school Cragar look to them.

The wing mirrors are obviously not real, but why make them seem futuristic when the rest of the car is not?

I don't like how exaggerated the haunches are, both in terms of their rise and their flaring out behind the doors. I know this is a big first-gen styling cue, but I think it could have been done more subtlely. As it is, it's just way too retro (admittedly I'm a retro hater so take it for what it's worth).

I don't like the squared-off, squinting taillights. I'd rather not have them paired, and have some roundness to them.

I would miss the practicality of the hatchback. The Mustang suffers from a mail-slot trunk opening, and by the looks of this concept, it'd be even smaller if the opening goes above the taillights.

They did a good job of disguising the height of the rear end; it doesn't have the "big butt" look of, say, the C5 even though it's even taller.

I'd like to see more rake to the windshield. But the power dome hood is nice.

And finally, the nose isn't doing it for me. It's one of the better retro noses we've seen, but it still doesn't look like it belongs on a 21st century car, especially one that will sell well into the 20-teens (or whatever you call the years past 2010 ).

Overall it's not what I was hoping for. It'll probably sell well to the 'faithful' for a few years, but I just can't see it drawing in many conquest sales. I can't imagine a young guy whose been raised on imports "connecting" with this design and stampeding down to the local Chevrolet dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some thoughts on the pictures........