2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some thoughts on the pictures........

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 PM

Re: Some thoughts on the pictures........

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
Good thing its not finished... It kind of looks ghey with those exhaust tips...

Firebirdv6.com still has them on their site. You may want to contact them..

If its the pics of the white car with confirdential, you are crazy!! Bada$$!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 PM

What I like:

Overall stance
Staggered wheel/tire sizes (I realize that's not likely for production due to costs involved to the target customer for tires, rotation, etc.)
Windshield angle
Wheel design
I like the driver's side nose and the pass. side tail. The driver's side tail reminds me of an early '80's Supra.

What I don't like:
Not enough blending of other generations. I don't have a problem with the 1st gen heavy design, but not even evo to go with all the retro
Needs a lip spoiler on the trunk
Not thrilled with the tail lights. Either rounds or a more conventional rectangle would be better.

Overall I think it looks great.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
I think those taillights were hideious....
If you’re going to interject what you don’t like about the concept why don’t you do it constructively?

You don’t like the exhaust or taillights?

Well what would you do to change them?

What would make them better?

Don’t just post one line statements that things are “ghey”

Its insulting to people who have worked very hard on this car.

You know darn well this site it top notch and we should keep the comments top notch too.

I’m not trying to flame you just trying to keep thins constructive.

Everything we say is very important.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
By the way.......where in Sam Hill is Z284EVER???? or Guy?

One last thing...the car is not retro.......it really isn't at all in person.
Sam has been around a little bit, I have no idea where Guy has been

constructive criticizm as well as positive comments are always welcomed.

Constructive means just that. It is OK to say "I don't like it and this is why--..>insert reasons here<"...........However, let's keep it clean. I really don't want to see people clobbering each other over differing opinions...we're all friends here, agreed???

And again I'm gonna repeat one of my mantras: Do not put forth final judgement before seeing it in person!

I was not thrilled with the pics,but I see possibilities.The right side nose is very nice.I like the roofline and the fact that it has a trunk.Hood bulge is nice.coke bottle shape could be toned down a bit .I think the overly large exhaust with flat edge on top should be removed.oval or rectangular tips would look better..Looking foward to seeing the final rendition.

Last edited by 94Z28/03mach1; 12-07-2005 at 01:51 PM.

I really can't think of a better design for the concept. I mean talk about hitting the nail on the head, that thing was absolutely gorgeous, even if it wasn't very symmetrical When you guys decide what theme you're going to go with, this car will be among the most beautiful ever created.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by stars1010
If you’re going to interject what you don’t like about the concept why don’t you do it constructively?

You don’t like the exhaust or taillights?

Well what would you do to change them?

What would make them better?

Don’t just post one line statements that things are “ghey”

Its insulting to people who have worked very hard on this car.

You know darn well this site it top notch and we should keep the comments top notch too.

I’m not trying to flame you just trying to keep thins constructive.

Everything we say is very important.
Thank you, Stars1010............no, you cannot have the keys to it, but I look forward to seeing you in Dallas and getting your thoughts when you see it in person.

To certain others:

--not to offend anyone, but stop using words like "ghey" and "looks like ***".....it really hurts your reputation with a lot of people.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:44 PM

I haven't commented at all on the pictures, but I suppose this thread allows for comments now.

These comments are from a long-time anti-retro person, so take it for what it is worth...

1) It looks pretty much the way I expected it to... except maybe it has some nice, sharper creases than I thought it might. At least the passenger side of the mock up. The drivers side, from what can be seen, looks much softer.

2) I don't see anything but 1st Gen influence on this car to be honest.

3) Not really crazy about the taillamps... Round might look better. They look a bit clunky to me.

4) Not sure about where the hood meets the grille... looks kind of "chopped off" to me.

I understand this is a mock up, and I expect at lot of "cleaning up" on a real car. But, I think you can get a good feel for the overall styling.

Overall, I think it looks pretty decent if I try to take away my general dislike for retro styling... I came to the realization some time ago that the retro thing was going to happen no matter what. I just get the "me too" feeling that I got when I saw Challenger... basically trying to follow in Mustang's footsteps.

That said, these photos are undated... for all we know, major to minor changes could have been made since this was done (haven't we said before that there were as many as 5 front ends being worked on)... of course, by the reaction we have seen from GM, it seems that this is it.

This post probably sounds more negative than I want it to. I think it does look good overall.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:45 PM

Thank you, Stars1010............no, you cannot have the keys to it, but I look forward to seeing you in Dallas and getting your thoughts when you see it in person.

To certain others:

--not to offend anyone, but stop using words like "ghey" and "looks like ***".....it really hurts your reputation with a lot of people.

Not to mention makes them look insane to people with taste! Again, I love it!!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:45 PM

I think I love everything about it except the rear end. It looks kinda awkward like it has it's *** up in the air or something... Tailights that are either round like the 2nd gens, or double bars like the 1st gens.. would be more appropriate, I think also.

But..

I think I'm one of the few that is more intrigued by what this other RWD V8 car that has been mentioned is. The Camaro is all fine and dandy, but what's this other one? Count me among the people who will be at the dealer pounding down the door with cash in hand if there's a screaming chicken on that car.

Yeah, I know.. Lutz said the Firebird was "dead".
Old 12-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Scott, Im going to say i love it. I had such high expectations for it and honestly was worried that GM would be able to meet them. I had no idea how they would. Whenever i tried making a concept of what i think would make a good Camaro, its like i had writers block, except for making a concept. I felt this way about the C6 as well. C6 more than exceeded my expectations as did this car. Man, I tell you, GM has some fine people working on their cars!

I am in love with the concept even in its leaked stage and im sure its only gotten better since then. I personally like the passenger side's fog lights better than the drivers side. Although im not too big of a fan on the guage cluster for the interior drawing, but i dont worry about that too much as it is still on concept form and concept interiors are always out there.

I cant wait to have one for myself and my brother. My brother will take one in red (i say the name for the red color should be Red Planet) and ill probably take mine in a nice metallic blue.

btw would u be allowed u tell us how long ago those shots were taken? DOnt want to get u in trouble so if no, no worries. just sorta curious
Old 12-07-2005, 01:48 PM

Look what happens when I leave town for a few days.

Although I'm going to be on the road in January, I look forward to seeing the real car in person hopefully some time in 2006.

I hope the guy that leaked the photos get's his due.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:50 PM

A lot of people are talking about there not being a lot of other generations besides 1st in it.

I wonder if the addition of the fender-blended side mirrors that was rumored to be coming back would change this for the better?

If...uh....anyone wants to send me the others....I won't look down in you for doing it.....

***cough***
ryan_vandh@hotmail.com
***cough***
Old 12-07-2005, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by 94Z28/03mach1
coke bottle shape could be toned down a bit and taillights and exhaust gotta go.Looking foward to seeing the final rendition.
Remember the original Mustang concept, with the rediculous disco-style tail lights? Seems to me the "elephant" may be toned down somewhat when we see it in January...heck Red even said the leaked pictures were of an unfinished car, so I expect to see a cleaned up, tweaked version at NAIAS, and who knows the production car may take it even further...it is important to look at the overall theme and not details like exhaust tips and tail lights.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:53 PM

Scott,

Though I kept faith in your words, the insider info, and everything leaked up until yesterday but there was just a tiny bit of doubt in my mind. Though it was a bad thing that the pictures got leaked and might hurt the future of it some but seeing the rough concept....gave me a sense of life back into this future Camaro owner, It has made my passion for this car even more than ever, It turned out to me to be even better than I could have imagined and I know that it wasn't a final or complete version. I wanna thank you and the guys here that have kept us informed about "our" favorite car. Finding out about the next camaro was my #1 objective since coming around the auto enthuists sites and to you Scott and the people you got working with you on the project, I thank you all for working on and bringing us a awesome Camaro.

Now some comments on the concept....though I liked the photochop of Chris over at C&G and it was by far the most publicized but I believed that SharpshooterSS's concept looked more like the car than it was let on. The pictures released show which chop was closer to the real thing or to the pics we have seen. Also is it me or does parts of the car look like a corvette? Was a corvette used as a base? The rear and bits of the side remind me of a Corvette but the nose I LOVE IT!!!!, its not really retro but it has cues of heritage in it. If that stays close to the concept and the rear and sides are camaroized more I believe that we will have a car that will make mustangs scared in their tire tracks and challengers backing down when the Camaro comes to the streets.

Quick Reply: Some thoughts on the pictures........