2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

So who has put their money where their mouth is ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:50 PM

So who has put their money where their mouth is ?

I did. Anyone else ? #7 on the list with 3 being V6- to each his own I guess.

And before you say a dealer can't do that, do some research on Paddock Chevrolet. They have been the largest passenger car dealership in the US on many occasions.

http://www.paddockchevrolet.com/Welcome

Old 08-30-2008, 03:38 PM

just so your not caught off guard, don't be surprised if your car gets sold to someone willing to pay $$ in mark up. it happens all the time. even after getting financing and going through all the paperwork, the car isn't technically or legally yours until the tires hit the street.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:38 PM

non-refundable deposit... I hope you have run this by your lawyer... Dodge dealers screwed over SEVERAL people who had paperwork just like this "but" ended up losing money due to "market adjustment"...
Old 08-30-2008, 04:42 PM

I never put deposit money down, nor do the dealers I work w/ ask for it. As for the Camaro, we'll be getting one once GMS is available, so I have no need to rush out and get on a list.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
just so your not caught off guard, don't be surprised if your car gets sold to someone willing to pay $$ in mark up. it happens all the time. even after getting financing and going through all the paperwork, the car isn't technically or legally yours until the tires hit the street.
While I agree with your premise, I specifically asked a couple questions. The answers are paraphrased below.

1) what does #7 mean? 7th car to come in? aka take or pass?

Ans: Understand that we will be keeping the first 2 vehicles that arrive.
Since you know exactly what you want, yours will be a factory order,
placed at time pricing is released and we can order. When we have
the ability to discuss our allotment with Chevy, person #1 has the
option to "special" order or take the third car in the alottment, then
the 2nd person on the list, then the third, etc. The only
possible problem arises if Chevy doesn't let us special order
as part of our initial allotment.

If the first 6 people knowingly still decide to factory order,
you would actually have the opportunity to buy, at MSRP,
the third car to come in, then 4th...Otherwise, you would be
7th in line for a factory order from us and it could be a month
or two, or more, before you see your car, if we have to wait to do
a special order. When we know the anticipated delivery date,
you will know, and at that time you will still have the opportunity to
buy one of the non-special orders that would be coming in. But, if you
decide to wait on delivery of your "special order", then you must wait.

Ya, I was confused for a moment too. Suffice it to say there is no real answer until they know, when Chevy tells them they're getting 6 cars, if they have to choose from a factory production run of various options or if they can actually "order" those 6.

2) So does that mean you're going to take all the first cars you can get
your hands on and hope they fit individual requirements?

Ans: Like I said, will be keeping the first 2 cars we get in our showroom
for a while. At this time we honestly don't have any idea of how
Chevy is going to allocate these cars; just that, with our history,
we assume ours will be one of the larger allocations. If we can
"special order" the vehicles as our allotment, those orders will be
the priority.

3) So, if you have pricing in December as anticipated, at that time you
should also know your allocation and whether those can include
customer/"special"/ factory (all meaning the same thing) orders?

Ans: That is our understanding. Although a little birdie says pricing
will be out sooner than that. UNCONFIRMED.

Trick,

Don't know if that answered your concern or not. For me, while I was a little confused, as they were, I am quite content that I'm not going to get screwed here. Especially when told up front that the first two cars they can get their hands on are NOT for sale ( or maybe are at some ADM ); the deposits start with car #3. I have no reason not to take that as the Gospel Truth.

Last edited by trm0002; 08-30-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:54 PM

I wont be putting my money where my mouth is until theres a actual car to drive and look at .
Old 08-30-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by trm0002
While I agree with your premise, I specifically asked a couple questions. The answers are paraphrased below.

1) what does #7 mean? 7th car to come in? aka take or pass?

Ans: Understand that we will be keeping the first 2 vehicles that arrive.
Since you know exactly what you want, yours will be a factory order,
placed at time pricing is released and we can order. When we have
the ability to discuss our allotment with Chevy, person #1 has the
option to "special" order or take the third car in the alottment, then
the 2nd person on the list, then the third, etc. The only
possible problem arises if Chevy doesn't let us special order
as part of our initial allotment.

If the first 6 people knowingly still decide to factory order,
you would actually have the opportunity to buy, at MSRP,
the third car to come in, then 4th...Otherwise, you would be
7th in line for a factory order from us and it could be a month
or two, or more, before you see your car, if we have to wait to do
a special order. When we know the anticipated delivery date,
you will know, and at that time you will still have the opportunity to
buy one of the non-special orders that would be coming in. But, if you
decide to wait on delivery of your "special order", then you must wait.

Ya, I was confused for a moment too. Suffice it to say there is no real answer until they know, when Chevy tells them they're getting 6 cars, if they have to choose from a factory production run of various options or if they can actually "order" those 6.

2) So does that mean you're going to take all the first cars you can get
your hands on and hope they fit individual requirements?

Ans: Like I said, will be keeping the first 2 cars we get in our showroom
for a while. At this time we honestly don't have any idea of how
Chevy is going to allocate these cars; just that, with our history,
we assume ours will be one of the larger allocations. If we can
"special order" the vehicles as our allotment, those orders will be
the priority.

3) So, if you have pricing in December as anticipated, at that time you
should also know your allocation and whether those can include
customer/"special"/ factory (all meaning the same thing) orders?

Ans: That is our understanding. Although a little birdie says pricing
will be out sooner than that. UNCONFIRMED.

Trick,

Don't know if that answered your concern or not. For me, while I was a little confused, as they were, I am quite content that I'm not going to get screwed here. Especially when told up front that the first two cars they can get their hands on are NOT for sale ( or maybe are at some ADM ); the deposits start with car #3. I have no reason not to take that as the Gospel Truth.
regardless of what they say or write, they can still decide to sell the car you think your getting to the higher bidder. it's not yours untill you drive it off the lot. even if you pay for the car before it even arrives. i'm just letting you know now, because it does happen.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 PM

I did. Anyone else ? #7 on the list with 3 being V6- to each his own I guess.

And before you say a dealer can't do that, do some research on Paddock Chevrolet. They have been the largest passenger car dealership in the US on many occasions.

http://www.paddockchevrolet.com/Welcome

I put my name on a Camaro list with my local Chevy dealer, no deposit required. There were about 10 names before mine, some though waiting for the convertible. I am not counting on them all that much, so if it means nothing then so be it. I am really waiting for GM to release prices later on this year and then I will seriously check with local and out of state dealers. I also contacted Rick Daniel from Maxie Price Chevrolet, just outside of Atlanta Georgia. He is a great guy to work with and will most likely be selling for MSRP, and they are a HUGE dealer of Corvettes and Chevy's, #3 dealer in the country! All these lists really mean nothing at this point in time. The Camaro should not be that hard to find pretty much right away, and as far as over MSRP, that is just plain ridiculous, since GM is expecting to produce betweem 80K - 100K of these cars in the first year.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:41 PM

I would never put my money down on a car before seeing it, feeling it, and taking it for a test drive.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
I put my name on a Camaro list with my local Chevy dealer, no deposit required. There were about 10 names before mine, some though waiting for the convertible. I am not counting on them all that much, so if it means nothing then so be it. I am really waiting for GM to release prices later on this year and then I will seriously check with local and out of state dealers. I also contacted Rick Daniel from Maxie Price Chevrolet, just outside of Atlanta Georgia. He is a great guy to work with and will most likely be selling for MSRP, and they are a HUGE dealer of Corvettes and Chevy's, #3 dealer in the country! All these lists really mean nothing at this point in time. The Camaro should not be that hard to find pretty much right away, and as far as over MSRP, that is just plain ridiculous, since GM is expecting to produce betweem 80K - 100K of these cars in the first year.
Agreed. When I first spoke with them, they were pretty up front with the fact they knew this wasn't a limited production car and they wouldn't be charging some wild markup because of it. Like I said though, they will be holding onto the first two they get in and, more than likely, some ahat will buy each for 5, 10, whatever over MSRP just to have it.

Me, I have no issue paying MSRP to get the car "early"; never over MSRP. Even though this car will be mass produced, I have a feeling that Chevy will have priced this vehicle so that you probably won't see more than $1k off sticker in the long run anyways; unless you wait until 2010 MY end and that's always another story. IMO, they have to price this "correctly" out of the gate so people don't really have to think about whether they want a Mustang or Challenger in its place. For me, to wait another few months to save 1k doesn't really matter. I want the car. Yes, sight unseen; well, physically unseen. We all have a real good idea of what the car looks like, inside and out, at this point. Maybe I'm crazy but I did the same thing with my 04 GTO. Got an email regarding 3500 factory to dealer incentive, went in to get some pricing, and ended up saying, "I want that Yellow one". Didn't drive it until I picked it up. Even I thought I was nuts at that point.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
Maxie Price Chevrolet

Caveat Emptor.

Search on the Corvette forum for "Z06", "Maxie Price". They even got kicked off as a supporting dealer of Corvette Forum because of their shady business dealings.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:37 PM

In February I put down a $500 fully refundable deposit for one with a dealership run by a family friend. Def. wouldn't put down any kind of deposit if I wasn't guaranteed my money back on demand.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:38 PM

Good luck I am on the list from my buddy Tom Henry (Tom Henry Chevrolet) no deposit requred. Besides I plan to purchase a Convertible so I have another 1 1/2 to wait
Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ForYourMalice
In February I put down a $500 fully refundable deposit for one with a dealership run by a family friend. Def. wouldn't put down any kind of deposit if I wasn't guaranteed my money back on demand.
Again, there is no such thing as non-refundable in NY so I really didn't care if it was written there or not. IF THE DEALER IS PROVIDING THE FINANCING, you have the legal right to void everything you did if you don't agree to the financing terms. That's a fact. One of the few things done right in NY.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:22 PM

Again, there is no such thing as non-refundable in NY so I really didn't care if it was written there or not. IF THE DEALER IS PROVIDING THE FINANCING, you have the legal right to void everything you did if you don't agree to the financing terms. That's a fact. One of the few things done right in NY.
CA too. actually, most states it's illegal to have an exchange of money for no goods or services.

Quick Reply: So who has put their money where their mouth is ?