2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Sunroof... yes? no?
Yes
57.65%
No
42.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

So if no T-Tops then how bout....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 04:18 PM

So if no T-Tops then how bout....

a sun/moon roof of sorts? opinions?
Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 PM

Re: So if no T-Tops then how bout....

I voted no even though I should have voted yes. I do not like them, but it should be offered if there is no removable top option.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:29 PM

even though i'm not a fan i voted yes. might attract more buyers.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jadedst
a sun/moon roof of sorts? opinions?
Sunroof yes or no? Yes! I think a sunroof is mandatory in this day and age. Whether they do T-Tops or not, I think failing to offer a sunroof is going to mean sales lost to the likes of the G35.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:35 PM

To me, sunroofs are classier (or at least can be) than T-tops, don't know why it seems that way. Anyway, JMHO. I think I'd like to have one in my new Camaro.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
even though i'm not a fan i voted yes. might attract more buyers.
x2. I'm a fan of just about anything that will attract more buyers as long as it doesn't dilute the cars appearance or muscular nature.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:43 PM

how about a full pannel glass roof. only if something removeable is not an option
Old 01-10-2006, 05:05 PM

If no T-Tops, then maybe a complete panel removal like the older Corvette... no bar in the middle, but the whole section is a removeable panel. To me, sun/moon roofs (what's the difference) don't belong on muscle cars.
Just my humble opinion.

-Sorry jawz... I should've read the whole way through first.-
Old 01-10-2006, 05:08 PM

personally i think a sunroof turns a car into a chicks car...

dont know why... i just dont particularly care for them, although at work i always put them down if i drive a sun roof car...
Old 01-10-2006, 05:21 PM

I voted yes. Although I most likely wouldn't get it, I believe it is a viable option. I personally like 'verts or hard tops.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:25 PM

Not only would i take a sunroof if there aren't T-tops, i PREFER a sunroof to t-tops. AAMOF, i wouldn't even order t-tops if i bought a coupe, but i wouldn't even think of not ordering a sunroof.

granted, the only fbody i ever owned with Ts was my 79. I didn't even have that car for very long and i still got sick of the whole process of taking them out, putting them in bags and sticking them in the trunk.

OTOH, i've NEVER driven a car with a sunroof and not opened the sunroof before i'd even open a window.

Compared to a convertible, both do a miserable job of capturing real topless motoring. The slightly more open-ness of T-tops is FAR outweighed by the INCONVENIENCE IMHO.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by NewbieWar
personally i think a sunroof turns a car into a chicks car...

dont know why... i just dont particularly care for them, although at work i always put them down if i drive a sun roof car...

If you can't ride in a sunroof car without opening the sunroof, you've just made the same argument i'd make. Time to drop your misdirected machismo and accept that you like sunroofs (or are a self-hating ...)
Old 01-10-2006, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by notgetleft
Compared to a convertible, both do a miserable job of capturing real topless motoring. The slightly more open-ness of T-tops is FAR outweighed by the INCONVENIENCE IMHO.
Just how lazy are you? It honestly took me less then 2 minutes to take my ttops off and lock them in place.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
Just how lazy are you? It honestly took me less then 2 minutes to take my ttops off and lock them in place.
2 minutes, i rest my case. 2 minutes is WAY TOO ****ING LONG to open the roof and let a little light in the car when a sunroof can achieve the exact same effect in seconds with the push of a button. 2 minutes might not be a big deal if you're taking a 2 hour drive to the beach, but what about a 5 minute drive to work, or a cloudy day that might rain any second. You don't think twice about opening a sunroof in either scenario, but on the flip side you're probably not going to risk a 1:30 bath to your interior while you scramble to put t's on, nor will you waste 4 minutes messing with t's for said 5 minute drive to work.

Some might argue that t-tops are better than a sunroof, but i disagree. Once you know real topless, t-tops are a **** poor excuse anyway and might as well be a sunroof. The pillars are the real enemy to the full top down experience, not top-side bars.

Now if you're the kind of person who only takes his t-tops off a couple times a year (a common story, probably because they take way too ****ing long to take off to enjoy them on a regular basis), i guess you wouldn't care. If you like a partially open roof whenever possible, they're a major pita.

If i wanted a weekend toy that i occasionally dropped the top in, convertible hands down. Hell, i might buy a convertible anyway depending on how they implement it.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:00 PM

I voted no. T-tops or go home.

Quick Reply: So if no T-Tops then how bout....