2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:34 AM

Re: Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!

Originally Posted by SMUJeremy
Scott took the silver car out for a little cruise in Dallas for pictures. A guy posted on a local message board and I was like BS, but then it turned out to be true.
Just out of curiosity, do you know what board that was? Scott was telling me about this at the show and but I forgot to ask him.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:15 AM

Exclamation Re: Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!

Okay guys,

What I am leaning more to is the possibility of it being used in the Transformers Movie..

as resident comic book fan, including TF and such been on the other end of this thread in other forums for transformers.

The movie has started peliminary filming and production. Nothing really has been filmed so far. Testing cast and stuff like that.
I know Hasbro wants this movie to tie in with major car makers as a spotlight for thier cars and new toys to make molds of. Hasbro already has a line of cars that are realistic and transform into very cool robots.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/a...?page=showroom
Thats just a few ofthem, there are alot more that are out, actually there is an Optimus Prime that is an SRT-10 Ram

But as said, Hollywood probably is mocking this car up. either GM went to them and said we want this car in TF or the other way around. So its possible its a mockup. The one car it possibly..and I say possibly could be is a 05 mustang..yes hollywood does strange things and fabs cars out of others.
Like for example the Pontiac Banshee used in the last Night Rider TV movie was actually a Dodge Stealth. And so on..an 05 mustang fits the perportions of the 5th gen right now more than any other car. Its messed up but its possible. So what you might of saw was a 05 Mustang fitted with Autobot Bumblebees body ie: 5th gen Camaro. and before you go off on a why didnt they use a 4thg en tiraid..think about it Hollywood is looking for shortcuts and the 05 stangs perportions are alot more in line with the 5th gen than a 4th. So its just a speed of building the movie car vs. making it an actual car.
Get what I am saying?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
It's known that GM is working on a top power engine for the next Camaro, so they need some type of similar chassis to develop it on with the production car's nose (for cooling and packaging).
I really like this quote. It helps us "reverse engineer" the time frame to production.

We saw pictures(spy pics) of the C6 Z06 a full year before it was out. The LS7 wasn't on any supplier manifests or GM product schedules, yet we saw verifiable pictures(again, spy pics) of this engine as it exists today, around 18 months before the Z06 debut.

This gives us a fairly accurate idea of road testing for the drive train: 12 - 18 months. MY 2009 seems to be the general consensus for the release of the Camaro. MY 2009 translates to the 3rd quarter of the previous calendar year - which is Summer 2008 - or roughly August 2008.

So the first intro being August 2008 means that they'd have to have completed 18 months of drivetrain testing - putting the start of drivetrain testing at around January 2007. This assumes the 18 month model.

If we use the 12 month testing model, that puts the start of drivetrain testing starting at around June 2006. Which is where we are now.

If I am reading correctly, the dude with the masturbating monkey for an avatar seems convinced that we're not going to see engines currently in production. Therefore, I don't see how they can cut corners in testing. With an all new engine, I don't see anything less than 12 months testing possible.

Therefore it seems probable that they are testing in some fashion, the platform and engine. Somewhere on the globe there is probably a Zeta chassis with a new V8 beginning the test process.

Feel free to pick apart this theory. Its all a learning process for me.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:38 PM

I just can't see why If the'yre doing all the engineering in Australia why they wouldn't also do testing in Australia where

A) Their engineering team actually is (they supposedly sent everybody there--from another thread on here)

B)the Zeta development has been going on since the beginning and

C)Where it would create quite a bit less hubbub and avoid more prying eyes, like the ones on the forum, to which I say, Keep up the Good Work
Old 05-29-2006, 07:04 PM

Checked out the Saleen place. The garage was open but couldnt really see inside. The front room only had a bunch of saleen mustangs and Ford GTs. Oh well.:blah:
Old 05-29-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
There is not enough funds to make more than one concept car. The silver one cost several million, and the red one is a mock-up...no drivetrain, interior etc. They don't drive it on public roads, especially crappy Michigan roads.
Not true. They drove the silver car around Dallas for the photoshoot.

But I still don't believe this bumblebee car was a real 5th gen. 5th gen body on a 4th gen chassis or something for filming the transformers movie... possibly, but I highly doubt it was an actual 5th gen prototype.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by greg_nate
the dude with the masturbating monkey for an avatar
Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by DWray
Not true. They drove the silver car around Dallas for the photoshoot.

But I still don't believe this bumblebee car was a real 5th gen. 5th gen body on a 4th gen chassis or something for filming the transformers movie... possibly, but I highly doubt it was an actual 5th gen prototype.

I'm pretty much staying out of this thread, but just thought I'd say-

Everyone seems to be thinking it was an actual attractive paintjob that this person saw.

He's stated he never said 'racing stripes', just stripes.

Could it be some camoflauge he meant (yellow w/black stripes all over it?), and not a nice shiney new 5th Gen in Yellow w/Black racing stripes?

I really don't know anything about this stuff, just thought I'd offer a different POV.

I hope it has nothing to do with the Transformers movie to be honest. As much as I'd like to see the new Camaro as a Transformer, I'd be sick if it was Bumblebee. Even Windcharger (Bumblebee's red near twin) would be more desireable than Bumblebee.

Especially with Grimlock (previously Tyrannosaurus leader of the Dinobots) being a new Mustang in the toyline. Hot Rod ,Sunstreaker or Bluestreak should be the new Camaro if he's to be an Autobot. He should be one of the previous Stunticon names (Wildrider would be the one I'd suggest) if it's a Decepticon.

At least Runamok and Runabout are 4th Gen SS's in the current comic.

Sorry, TF Fanboy here. I'm going to have to find that orange 3rd Gen Camaro Transformer I have packed up somewhere.

Last edited by EllwynX; 05-29-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:50 PM

FWIW, I saw the Silver car with my own two eyes on Saturday night at G10, so a repaint it is not.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:56 PM

I saw it too and man does it sound greeeeeeeat
Old 05-30-2006, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
I

I hope it has nothing to do with the Transformers movie to be honest. As much as I'd like to see the new Camaro as a Transformer, I'd be sick if it was Bumblebee. Even Windcharger (Bumblebee's red near twin) would be more desireable than Bumblebee.

Especially with Grimlock (previously Tyrannosaurus leader of the Dinobots) being a new Mustang in the toyline. Hot Rod ,Sunstreaker or Bluestreak should be the new Camaro if he's to be an Autobot. He should be one of the previous Stunticon names (Wildrider would be the one I'd suggest) if it's a Decepticon.

At least Runamok and Runabout are 4th Gen SS's in the current comic.

Sorry, TF Fanboy here. I'm going to have to find that orange 3rd Gen Camaro Transformer I have packed up somewhere.
Windcharger was the Firebird..I think you meant Cliffjumper.
Hasbro is just trying to use the names so they dont loose them Thats why you see Grimlock as a stang, and not bad either! Sunstreaker is a yellow Viper SRT-10 race car.
The Runabout and Runamok, the guy who is drawing the comic really knows his 4th gen they aer drawn very well I must say, even got the interior exactly right!
I agree that Bumblebee should be what hes been a VW bug..but hey..if hes one of the central autobots in the movie..why not have him center stage as a Camaro..

OR..like you said..IT COULD OF BEEN SUNSTREAKER???
Old 05-30-2006, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
Windcharger was the Firebird..I think you meant Cliffjumper.
Hasbro is just trying to use the names so they dont loose them Thats why you see Grimlock as a stang, and not bad either! Sunstreaker is a yellow Viper SRT-10 race car.
The Runabout and Runamok, the guy who is drawing the comic really knows his 4th gen they aer drawn very well I must say, even got the interior exactly right!
I agree that Bumblebee should be what hes been a VW bug..but hey..if hes one of the central autobots in the movie..why not have him center stage as a Camaro..

OR..like you said..IT COULD OF BEEN SUNSTREAKER???
You're right, I meant Cliffjumper.

If 'Bumblebee' is to be central to the movie, then having his altmode be a Camaro is fine. But why not make it someone other than 'Bumblebee'? He's probably one of the most iconic characters due to his name coinciding with his being a VW 'Bug'. Ah well, if he's a 2nd Gen as I'm now hearing, that is a bit more acceptable at least.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, nerd alert.

j/k
Old 05-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Wow, nerd alert.

j/k
LOL I'll admit it.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
Does anyone have a link to a picture of the comic book versions of Runabout or Runamuck? I would like to see the newer 4th gen versions of them.

Quick Reply: Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!