2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!

Old 05-28-2006, 12:56 PM

Re: Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!

wel when the F Body father speaks..then its word..if he says no thats hard to prove otherwise..

BUT maybee it is a prop for the new TF movie..would be nice to have a Camaro..especially since the line of Alternators TF that are based on actual cars..one being a Z06
Old 05-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

There is not enough funds to make more than one concept car. The silver one cost several million, and the red one is a mock-up...no drivetrain, interior etc. They don't drive it on public roads, especially crappy Michigan roads.

Whatever was seen was doubtful to be a 5th gen. If there was more made, we probably would have heard about it by now.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I'm sorry, but unless you are working on the Camaro project, you're just wrong/lying.

/sarcasm.

Originally Posted by SAM98TAM6
No offense, but having been in the sales/finance end of the car biz since '91, the trainers/supplier/dealer reps that come by the dealership know exactly jack **** about future product, unless it's the new models for the upcoming model year. IE, they can tell you about the '07 models now, but forget getting any REAL info about product that's 2-3 years down the road. No offense, just my experience for the last 15 years.
There were certain people (a select few) from dealers that got to see the Challenger concept before pics were on the net.

Last edited by number77; 05-28-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:42 PM

Here's the issues I have with this sighting (and I suspect others as well).

First, GM isn't going to make multiple "concepts" of something, especially after the auto show season. GM does repaint concepts, however, being there was just a drive for the press and the car had the same silver paint as before, it doesn't seem that the car was repainted.

Next, at this stage in development, I would imagine that there would be a mule or a early prototype around. GM doesn't spend alot of time or money on trick paint jobs for these things. Having a bright eyecatching color with racing stripes is probally the last thing any automaker creating a car they don't want people to see would paint. Even the Solstice mules and prototypes (which was hardly a secret) was painted flat black or white with some cammo.

I could bend the imagination a bit. Knowing Fbodfather & how careful he is with wording, perhaps he denied another concept without admitting a prototype. Perhaps there was enough time to repaint the silver concept and GM is readying it for this summer's Woodward cruise or the next F-body gathering. There was already an F-body mule-prototype sighting (that sounded plausable). It's known that GM is working on a top power engine for the next Camaro, so they need some type of similar chassis to develop it on with the production car's nose (for cooling and packaging).

I guess what I'm saying is that in normal circumstances, I'd also be up front in calling BS on this one. It simply would be implausable. However, there is so many weird things happening behind the scenes that don't make sense and that GM is pretty much breaking every rule with this car and Impala (The structure being done even before the "concept" was even started, the cars proceeding without approval, the cars having no styling clinics, work already going on with vendors supposedly impossible without approval and funding, and this little mystery going on at one of the prospective "Zeta 2" plants) makes this Camaro sighting, although seemingly implausable and ridiculous, is perhaps no more so than all the other stuff that's happening around this project.

Put it akin to that mystery craft over Phoenix back in '97. Everything tells you you're seeing something you don't believe, thousands of other people see it too, but you still deny what you saw looking for a credible explanation years later. I doubt we'll still be waiting 9 years from now, but I think what's going on will become clearer within the next 6 months.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:50 PM

Was bigfoot driving it?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Prominent Member

The silver concept is at G10 in Atlanta this weekend.....
Old 05-28-2006, 07:21 PM

HotRodHawk saw it as well
Old 05-28-2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Taintedz28
hmm im not gonna say he did see one, or that he didnt. but yea TTIWWOP, HOWEVER sometime or another, theya re gonna have to get the car on the road to test it, and find bugs in the suspension etc
Good point.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 PM

i didnt say it was a concept and i didnt say it was yellow with black racing stripes, read my old posts, it looked like a test mule or a bumblebee
Old 05-28-2006, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by cjmatt
i didnt say it was yellow with black racing stripes

Originally Posted by cjmatt
yellow with black stripes on it

Old 05-28-2006, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
yeah, he but he's right, he didnt say racing stripes.. he said vertical stripes..
Old 05-28-2006, 09:32 PM

I saw the same one out by GM's proving grounds in Milford........

Jimmy Hoffa was driving and waving at the FBI as he drove by the horse farm they're tearing up.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:56 PM

EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Here is the photo of the 5th Gen mule with a Fiero Body and a Roswell New Mexico resident driving.

NOT!

GM did build this and it is still in GM's collection. This was nothing but a Pontiac Fiero show car that they built 2 of and used with the press. It did make the cover of Hot Rod Magazine in 1987.

Sorry it will not Transform into to a Bee. But I do believe it would kick Optimus Primes Butt!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
yeah, he but he's right, he didnt say racing stripes.. he said vertical stripes..
and imitating a bee.
With a transformer movie that has started filming not too long ago.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by number77
and imitating a bee.
With a transformer movie that has started filming not too long ago.
agreed, definately a possibility

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!