2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing subject to change?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
GM can change pricing at any time - BUT -- if your order is a 'sold' order, we give 'price protection' to the dealer........so that the price on your car will not go up.......
so what do i need to do to be sure that i am not going to get ripped off when the car comes in and we do the paper work?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:43 PM

Pricing

Originally Posted by srtclg1007
GM's pricing is NOT subject to change. Your dealers pricing may be subject to change. But if you get it in writing then you'll be covered. I got an invoice with my pricing from my dealer that said exactly what the sale price is going to be when my order arrives.
When did you place your order???
I checked a few days ago and my dealer did not have pricing from GM.
All priceing that I have found on the web so far all say Subject to Change.

Has anyone else received final pricing??

Also, if you have a signed agreement with your dealer (not sure how you would without a price) they cannot legally renig, not in PA. Check your state laws to be sure. A freind had this happen and he had to contact the District Attorney. The dealer was fined and had to abide by the contract. This was a few years ago so check the laws of your state.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:51 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

GM can change pricing at any time - BUT -- if your order is a 'sold' order, we give 'price protection' to the dealer........so that the price on your car will not go up.......

Let me rephrase that --

Your name is "Smith" - you order a new Camaro under the name 'smith" -- the dealer submits the 'sold' order with 'smith' as the name of the customer....

the price increases --

You take delivery under the name of "smith" -- you are price protected.

Your name is "smith" -- you order a new Camaro under the name of "brown" - the dealer submits the 'sold' order with 'brown" as the name of the customer....

The price increases --

You try to take delivery under the name of "smith" -- you are not price protected.

Make SURE when you order the vehicle that you order it under the name that you will take delivery under -- and register under........
Old 10-25-2008, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
But don't worry, Ford won't raise the price of the new 2010 Mustang a lick, it's been promised by our own members here. They don't work for Ford or are associated with Ford in anyway, but we have been assured and we'll eat crow otherwise, MMMmMm CROW!
Damn, that was out of left field.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:23 PM

Let me rephrase that --

Your name is "Smith" - you order a new Camaro under the name 'smith" -- the dealer submits the 'sold' order with 'smith' as the name of the customer....

the price increases --

You take delivery under the name of "smith" -- you are price protected.

Your name is "smith" -- you order a new Camaro under the name of "brown" - the dealer submits the 'sold' order with 'brown" as the name of the customer....

The price increases --

You try to take delivery under the name of "smith" -- you are not price protected.

Make SURE when you order the vehicle that you order it under the name that you will take delivery under -- and register under........
i only have 1 name i plan on putting the car under.i was never told a price from them but a sales man told me msrp. as far as getting it on paper, i dont have it. is this normal that they havent given me any pricing, or i guess, that they wont lock in pricing with me? or should i really start to be concerned that they are going to change things on me?
Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 10Redrocket
When did you place your order???
I checked a few days ago and my dealer did not have pricing from GM.
All priceing that I have found on the web so far all say Subject to Change.

Has anyone else received final pricing??

Also, if you have a signed agreement with your dealer (not sure how you would without a price) they cannot legally renig, not in PA. Check your state laws to be sure. A freind had this happen and he had to contact the District Attorney. The dealer was fined and had to abide by the contract. This was a few years ago so check the laws of your state.
i placed my order on the 13th. and yes pricing was out then but my dealer didnt get it til after i placed my order. they now have the pricing and told me that it was subject to change and they couldnt give me anything in writing.
i need to try to get a signed paper saying MSRP and not an actual number.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i placed my order on the 13th. and yes pricing was out then but my dealer didnt get it til after i placed my order. they now have the pricing and told me that it was subject to change and they couldnt give me anything in writing.
Find a different dealer and take your father with you.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bearcat Steve
Find a different dealer and take your father with you.
my father? im 25 and i live on my own. why would i take my father with me? im the guy who gets my dad all of his deals on cars and the company i work for.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 AM

i only have 1 name
Like Madonna?
Old 10-26-2008, 01:43 PM

i was never told a price from them but a sales man told me msrp. as far as getting it on paper, i dont have it. is this normal that they havent given me any pricing, or i guess, that they wont lock in pricing with me? or should i really start to be concerned that they are going to change things on me?

they now have the pricing and told me that it was subject to change and they couldnt give me anything in writing.
This is why I decided not to order. I couldn't get anyone to commit to MSRP. I got the distinct impression they wanted the wiggle room to change their minds. I would be concerned without anything in writing.

Originally Posted by Primus
Like Madonna?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 AM

Like Madonna?
more like beyonce
Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 AM

Like Madonna?
Like McLovin?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 AM

i just spoke to my dealer today and they assured me that no one was getting mark up and they were selling all of their camaros at MSRP. i was scared all weekend that i was going to hear bad news but it turned out pretty good.