2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: should we be able to get the ground effects painted to match our camaro?
yes
96.30%
no
3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Body color matching ground effects

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
Even if you left it gray, it's still a dealer installed option. It won't be on the build sheet nor will it be on the factory window sticker.
The ground effects kit will never be a factory installed part, no matter what color it is.
It will always be a "added after production" part.

So the only way to make sure that people say in 30 years "that car is all original and numbers matching" is to not install anything on the car. Period. If that's what you're worried about.
so your telling me that it will not say anywhere on the sticker for the car about having this body kit put on it?because im just about possitive that it would be on the sticker somewhere saying that i ordered it and it should be in with the price of the car. am i right?

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 11-06-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
so your telling me that it will not say anywhere on the sticker for the car about having this body kit put on it?because im just about possitive that it would be on the sticker somewhere saying that i ordered it and it should be in with the price of the car. am i right?
No, it will not be on the sticker because it is not a factory item. It is an aftermarket item just like anything else that you would buy from any aftermaket parts dealer. The only difference is that is is made by GM and are sold through dealers. Don't let the fact that it is made by GM trip you up.

Like any other aftermarket item, you can have it installed at the dealership the day you pick it up or a year after you pick it up or whenever. If you have a body shop you like to deal with, you can take the kit and your car to them.

And it will not come painted grey, it just doesn't have a finish so it will not need to be stripped and repainted, it will only need to be prepped and painted and then installed...just like every other body kit out there.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Ya know what Jason, we may be wrong.

I'm looking at my window sticker for my Colorado. I ordered the floor mats and splash guards when I ordered the truck. Both of these items were dealer installed. The factory window sticker has them on there. The order sheet has them on there. And the invoice has them on there. I don't know about the build sheet because I don't have it.

And every piece of paper these options are listed on, they're always listed as "dealer installed". They have RPO codes. Or maybe they should be called RPA (regular production accessories; that's how they're listed on the order sheet).

With that being said, if they come unpainted as Jason suggests, then it won't matter what you do with the kit, because no color would be listed on any of the paper work. Probably.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 PM

well if it comes NOT painted then im fine with that. but what was the talk from indy and in all this paperwork on the accesories about it coming in grey metallic or something? if its primered, ill buy it.
as far as it being on the window sticker, i am almost positive it will be. i rmember looking at vettes on lots that had gmpp things done to them and they were included on the sticker. maybe they made it up but i could swear it was on there.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM

In light of all the aforementioned I'd be interested in seeing how these parts are attached to the car. Being in Michigan I always worry about how moisture and salt will affect any body modification. Even if you don't drive the car in the winter there is still road salt falling off the underside of other cars and big trucks on the road until early May. It get rinsed off the undersides and out of the nooks and crannies everytime the vehicles get driven through the rain.

I'm sure the competent body shop that paints on my stripes would do an excellent job of painting my ground effects. After that I'd rather install them myself anyway.

Is the larger lip rear spoiler a part of the ground effects package? Does anyone know if it fits in the same holes as the stock SS spoiler?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
In light of all the aforementioned I'd be interested in seeing how these parts are attached to the car. Being in Michigan I always worry about how moisture and salt will affect any body modification. Even if you don't drive the car in the winter there is still road salt falling off the underside of other cars and big trucks on the road until early May. It get rinsed off the undersides and out of the nooks and crannies everytime the vehicles get driven through the rain.

I'm sure the competent body shop that paints on my stripes would do an excellent job of painting my ground effects. After that I'd rather install them myself anyway.

Is the larger lip rear spoiler a part of the ground effects package? Does anyone know if it fits in the same holes as the stock SS spoiler?
the spolier is not insluded in the package and yes it does fit in the stock spoiler holes. the larger wing does not.
i dont plan on driving mine in the snow ever. i dont even think im going to drive it in the rain that much. being that it will be black im going to try to keep it out of as many bad elements as i can. the only day i plan on getting it out is it its dry.

and i think that the cost of the ground effects includes installation.
someone let me know if im wrong.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:19 PM

Mine is definately not going to see any winter....but it will be out in early spring and hopefully not in the rain. But sometimes bad weather happens when you're not home yet.

I've had enough of "garage cars" in the past....anything I keep now is a for driving. If I can't take it out of town due to fear of stone chips, rain, hot weather with no A/C, fear of theft etc I don't want to own it.

These things are built to drive and to last so why leave a collector car behind for my wifes new husband after I kick the bucket? He would probably just end up driving it in the snow anyhow (whoever the ******* is gonna be).
Old 11-08-2008, 02:49 PM

I don't like the way they look unpainted or in whatever single color they are offering them.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
Mine is definately not going to see any winter....but it will be out in early spring and hopefully not in the rain. But sometimes bad weather happens when you're not home yet.

I've had enough of "garage cars" in the past....anything I keep now is a for driving. If I can't take it out of town due to fear of stone chips, rain, hot weather with no A/C, fear of theft etc I don't want to own it.

These things are built to drive and to last so why leave a collector car behind for my wifes new husband after I kick the bucket? He would probably just end up driving it in the snow anyhow (whoever the ******* is gonna be).
i never said i wasnt going to drive it. believe me i will getinto it alot. i just dont want to take it in nasty weather due to the fact that it is black and i want the black to loko as good as it can for as long as it can.