2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Should GM be "celebrating" the 40th anniversary of the Camaro?
Yes! Push the 40th anniversary as a way hype the Camaro
67.92%
No! It's dumb to celebrate an anniversary of a car that isnt in production
32.08%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: 40th Anniversary promotions?

Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 PM

Poll: 40th Anniversary promotions?

In lieu of any real info, (as usual) I can tell we desperately need something to debate to keep us busy for another 12-24 months. My question is this...

Should GM be using the Camaro's 40th anniversary as a way to draw more attention the the 5th gen? Would this help the marketing effort and gear up potential buyers, or would it disappoint future buyers because they can't actually buy one yet? discuss....

Last edited by 67 LS-1 & T-56; 03-29-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling past 11 pm
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 PM

I would love to see them doing something for the 40th. Some of the magazines are doing small tributes. I think Chevy should get involved and bring along the Camaro Legends tour with the Concepts or something.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:30 AM

FWIW, The Camaro's 40th anniversary was last September.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Admin Emeritus

Thumbs up

Glad you asked! They are! The Camaro & Firebird Celebration in Bowling Green has been temporarily moved to the GM Tech Center Warren Michigan for the 40th Anniversary Celebration this August. It also piggyback's on the Chevy Tri-5 Anniversary as well, so this will be one heck of a good car show. It is also one week and a little over 10 miles away from the Woodward Dream Cruise. It is going to be awesome here in the Detroit area for a couple of weeks.

But anyway, we plan to really promote the 40th Camaro/Firebird Anniversary event, we were just talking about it in our current Podcasts (including the one that will be released this Friday). We expect it to be a pretty big deal, and of course, there is no way they would do an event like this without showcasing the 2009 Camaro.

We are planning a CamaroZ28.Com Summit for all who will be in the area for the show. We have some very cool plans for everyone, but since we are still a few months off, details need to be finalized. Much more info about our meeting and the event itself in the next couple of weeks.

A bit of info about the event can be found here:
http://www.ecklerscamaro.com/camaro40th.asp

Bottom line is, just plan to be here in the Detroit area August 9-11 this year. You won't want to miss it.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 AM

I find it fascinating that the poll results (as I post this) are almost 50/50 - especially since we know a new Camaro is coming!

I don't see any reason to ignore the anniversary of a car that has such a passionate following (past and present). Besides - wouldn't the anniversary party be the *perfect* place to show us enthusiasts the pre-production car????? (Yeah Scott, that was a hint

After going to the production announcement (and having a GREAT time), I can't recommend going to this year's celebration strongly enough! The heritage center alone is WELL worth the vacation day!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
I find it fascinating that the poll results (as I post this) are almost 50/50 - especially since we know a new Camaro is coming!

I don't see any reason to ignore the anniversary of a car that has such a passionate following (past and present). Besides - wouldn't the anniversary party be the *perfect* place to show us enthusiasts the pre-production car????? (Yeah Scott, that was a hint

After going to the production announcement (and having a GREAT time), I can't recommend going to this year's celebration strongly enough! The heritage center alone is WELL worth the vacation day!
when i read the post, i thought about the average consumer (which people tend to overlook sometimes). Sure to me, as a huge camaro fan, hyping it 40th anniversary is a great idea!!! But to all those average buyers who are interested in the car, but can't get their hands on one yet, it might be a tease or have a negative effect. thats why i voted no.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:43 PM

I think it is a good idea to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Camaro and it might be a good marketing tool for GM with the upcoming release of the 5th gen. But on a flipside, I also wonder if it would be effective on their part to do such a thing without an actual production car on the streets. Plus, I can't help but to feel it would be a little awkward for them to do a 40th Anniversary promotion on a well loved car that they pulled the plug on.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
I think it is a good idea to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Camaro and it might be a good marketing tool for GM with the upcoming release of the 5th gen. But on a flipside, I also wonder if it would be effective on their part to do such a thing without an actual production car on the streets. Plus, I can't help but to feel it would be a little awkward for them to do a 40th Anniversary promotion on a well loved car that they pulled the plug on.
I agree, it's a toss up for me too. I voted no because they pulled the plug on the Camaro. Why celebrate when the car was discontinued. Ford in my imho has the only right to put out ann editions cause the mudstangs have always been around.