Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.


Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 2010 - 2014 5th Generation Chevrolet Camaro Forums > 2010 - 2014 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply Post New Thread
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #46
Registered User
 
IOMega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 62
Just ordered an IOM this morning!
I've seen it on a G8 and loved it. Hope I love it in person on a Camaro :P Kinda scary buying something sight unseen
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
IOMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #47
Disciple
 
HTWLSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: near Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 390
Send a message via AIM to HTWLSS Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS Send a message via Yahoo to HTWLSS
To my eyes, the IOM looks like a tangerine color with a gold-ish pearl.
Not for me, but I'm sure there are others who love it!
__________________
'14 Sonic RS Hatchback, '02 Z06, '99 Camaro SS Convertible, '68 LS1 6-spd Camaro Coupe, '68 V8 Camaro Convertible, '68 Chevelle Malibu, '67 502 Chevelle Wagon. http://modernclassicsauto.com
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #48
Registered User
 
IOMega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
To my eyes, the IOM looks like a tangerine color with a gold-ish pearl.
Not for me, but I'm sure there are others who love it!
Its the closest to to the concept convertable color there is and I LOVE that color. Please someone tell me they're not going to come out with that concept orange color later on?? I'd kill myself.
IOMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #49
Disciple
 
HTWLSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: near Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 390
Send a message via AIM to HTWLSS Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS Send a message via Yahoo to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMega View Post
Its the closest to to the concept convertable color there is and I LOVE that color. Please someone tell me they're not going to come out with that concept orange color later on?? I'd kill myself.
No one knows about future colors. Present your feedback to Chevrolet on what you'd like to see!
__________________
'14 Sonic RS Hatchback, '02 Z06, '99 Camaro SS Convertible, '68 LS1 6-spd Camaro Coupe, '68 V8 Camaro Convertible, '68 Chevelle Malibu, '67 502 Chevelle Wagon. http://modernclassicsauto.com
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #50
Registered User
 
IOMega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
No one knows about future colors. Present your feedback to Chevrolet on what you'd like to see!
Thx. Who would I give feedback to? And anyone know what that color is called on the concept convertible?
IOMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #51
Disciple
 
HTWLSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: near Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 390
Send a message via AIM to HTWLSS Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS Send a message via Yahoo to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMega View Post
Thx. Who would I give feedback to? And anyone know what that color is called on the concept convertible?
Start a thread...GM is reading.
__________________
'14 Sonic RS Hatchback, '02 Z06, '99 Camaro SS Convertible, '68 LS1 6-spd Camaro Coupe, '68 V8 Camaro Convertible, '68 Chevelle Malibu, '67 502 Chevelle Wagon. http://modernclassicsauto.com
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #52
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 259
I ordered it on my 2SS/RS and will get black painted stripes put on later. Its gonna look awesome with the orange and black interior. Now if I can just get them to make the polished wheels available with that package it will be my dream hot rod.

But I can't help but to wonder if it would look better with black hockey stripes instead of rally stripes. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....
__________________
2SS/RS, IOM, orange accent interior, manual trans, sunroof, polished rims, VIN 3958
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #53
Registered User
 
IOMega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
I ordered it on my 2SS/RS and will get black painted stripes put on later. Its gonna look awesome with the orange and black interior. Now if I can just get them to make the polished wheels available with that package it will be my dream hot rod.

But I can't help but to wonder if it would look better with black hockey stripes instead of rally stripes. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....
Got mine with black interior too but considered getting the orange interior. Was just afraid it'd be TOO bright overall just one rolling pumpking

I think the black hockey stripes would look better than the rally stripes personally. Why not get the stripes from factory?
IOMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #54
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
I Now if I can just get them to make the polished wheels available with that package it will be my dream hot rod.
.....

I'm prolly gonna see about ordering a second set of wheels just because I feel the exact same way you do...

Or wait till a knockoff shows up..which we all know it will.. for hundreds less.

-Ivan
__________________
Ivan @ SWS
-'10 2SS/RS/M6
-'96 B4C SOLD
-'94 1SC
IPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 881
Send a message via ICQ to christianjax
Can't someone post a pic of this Inferno Orange Camaro in the sunlight?
__________________
Live Fast, Die Young, & Leave a Pretty Corpse.
'08 Charger SRT8
CHRISTIANJAX
christianjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #56
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple
 
ChrisL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chester, NY
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
Now if I can just get them to make the polished wheels available with that package it will be my dream hot rod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPrice View Post
I'm prolly gonna see about ordering a second set of wheels just because I feel the exact same way you do...
GM has decided to make the polished wheels available with the RS pkg. Those with an order in, make sure you get your orders changed if you wanted them.
__________________
His - 2000 M6 Firehawk #295
Hers - 2004 M6 GTO
Boys - 2008 Yukon XL Denali
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 881
Send a message via ICQ to christianjax
I'm SOLD. I just rode my 08 Busa up to the Pontiac dealer to pay for my Trans Am's service. There in the lot was a brand new GMC truck in "Red Orange Metallic" according to the sticker. This is Inferno Orange on the Camaro. I parked my Orange Busa right next to the truck and the color is almost identical. Plus they were both in bright sunlight. I wish I had my camera with me to document, but wasn't expecting the encounter. I promise to go back later in the week and get a shot of the two side by side.
I LOVE the color and if there is ANY difference, the Busa is SLIGHTLY darker, but close enough to be twins.
This makes me happy as I love the busa's color and I always get compliments on the color. So I'm sure it will rock on the Camaro.
Here's some pics of my busa for a reference.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
The photoshops that I have seen of the Inferno aren't really close.
You have to see it in person.
GM, count one Inferno Orange 2SS sold.
__________________
Live Fast, Die Young, & Leave a Pretty Corpse.
'08 Charger SRT8
CHRISTIANJAX

Last edited by christianjax; 10-20-2008 at 11:43 AM.
christianjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #58
Registered User
 
1fastdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: FL/MI
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
Whatever the case, I'd rather this didn't get ugly here, guys. I'd also like people to continue to be in a freeflowing community, and not one that calls a side and only goes to another to push theirs. This community isn't for that sort of thing, just like it isn't for negative Camaro bashing and I'll bet we can all agree on that.

I think we all should pass over this issue and let it work itself out instead of making enemies out of each other.
A wise course of action IMHO. I have my personal favorite sites and I post on them with regularity.

Good info is good info. No reason to pick a dog in the fight if there is no fight.

I know the owners here and I believe them to be good people. If I don't know someone I really haven't much to offer. I figure folks are good intentioned until the prove to the contrary.

As with anything, you have to use your own BS meter in this life.
__________________
1969 Z/Z28 - 1970 1/2 Z28 - 1975 Vega Cosworth 1979 Z/28 1981 Citation X-11 -1982 Z/28 - 1984 Pontiac Fiero -1984 T1000 - 1986 Fiero 6 cyl -1986 Fiero GT-1988 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 1995 Z/28
2000 'vette FRC-2002 Z06- '03 Silverado-'08 Malibu
1fastdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjax View Post
I'm SOLD. I just rode my 08 Busa up to the Pontiac dealer to pay for my Trans Am's service. There in the lot was a brand new GMC truck in "Red Orange Metallic" according to the sticker. This is Inferno Orange on the Camaro. I parked my Orange Busa right next to the truck and the color is almost identical. Plus they were both in bright sunlight. I wish I had my camera with me to document, but wasn't expecting the encounter. I promise to go back later in the week and get a shot of the two side by side.
I LOVE the color and if there is ANY difference, the Busa is SLIGHTLY darker, but close enough to be twins.
This makes me happy as I love the busa's color and I always get compliments on the color. So I'm sure it will rock on the Camaro.
Here's some pics of my busa for a reference.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
The photoshops that I have seen of the Inferno aren't really close.
You have to see it in person.
GM, count one Inferno Orange 2SS sold.
If it looks like your bike thatd be awesome but it looks like a more milky orange color based on the pics in the OPs post. Yours is closer to victory red than IOM it looks like
__________________
2SS/RS
Cyber Grey & black interior
6 speed manual
Hurst short shifter

"Baddest Camaro in Crystal River!"
1bad350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 AM   #60
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 361
lmao..

I dunno. But to me, the color doesn't look orange at all.

More like a red X with a box around it..

Call me crazy,
Ivan
__________________
Ivan @ SWS
-'10 2SS/RS/M6
-'96 B4C SOLD
-'94 1SC
IPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 AM
 
Reply Post New Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Copyright © 1996-2013 CamaroZ28.Com. All rights reserved.

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.