2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

OK...part 2- what special edition Camaros would you like to see.....

Old 05-17-2007, 09:48 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

OK...part 2- what special edition Camaros would you like to see.....

OK...someone started a thread asking what 'special' edition Camaros you'd like to see.....

.....and it deteriorated into foul language and arguments.

So....let's try it again--

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you want to argue about it, go back to the original thread -- if you start an argument on this thread, I will simply ask Jason and Chris to accompany me in a fleet of black suburbans-- show up on your door step --remove your face with an airwrench - and sew it on updside down!!!

I'd REALLY like everyones' thoughts on what 'special' editions you'd like to see. We DO care about what your thoughts are.......

(and for clarification and to save time, do not include RS/SS/Z28 as part of a 'special edition')

I anxiously await your thoughts!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Yenko or SLP (like the firehawk) would be nice
Old 05-17-2007, 10:07 AM

A Penske inspired edition in the spirit of the original and also recent(ish) 4th gen Penske car. With a few lightweight body panels where practical (aluminum / CF hood, fenders?) maybe a few aluminum suspension parts like the C5 and C6. Aimed squarely at handling and road racing enthusiasts.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:19 AM

ZL1 - *****-to-the-wall drag racer. biggest, hairiest engine available, wide rear tires, tweaked suspension, maybe some special body pieces (hood/spoiler).

RS - package available on EVERY trim level. Updated '69-style "hideaway" headlights, stripes, special body pieces (ground effects, spoiler).

Mark Donahue Edition Z/28 - nearly race-ready Z/28. Upgraded suspension, a little more power than regular Z/28 (like 15-20 HP), and available in the same color as the original Trans-Am winning race car. The decals and red accents don't necessarily need to be there, but that blue color needs to be available. Imagine, Ford's Boss 302 Mustang, looking like a modern interpretation of Parnelli Jones' Mustang, and a Mark Donahue Camaro Z/28, duking it out on the racetrack and on the street.

V6 Performance Package - Like the Y87 package available for the 4th gen V6's - limited-slip differential, some steeper rear gears, a short shifter, at least 20 HP over the base trim level, some wider tires and bigger wheels, and an upgraded suspension.

Pace Car Edition - I'm betting that the new Camaro will be a pace car at a variety of racing events. How about an updated Z11? White with Hugger Orange stripes, orange interior, optional side graphics. Base it off the mid-level SS model.

Transformers Edition - There HAS to be a "Bumblebee" Camaro to tie in with the movie.

Last edited by skorpion317; 05-17-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 AM

CZ28.com edition
Old 05-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Banned

The 93 pace car is one of my favorite special editions of all time. I love everything about that car. The paint, the interior, I like everything about it. I also really like the orange/white combo on the 30th anniversary Z-28. I know you can't do the 93 pace paint scheme again, but I think that most of the pace cars have been pretty good looking cars. I'd love to see the 5th gen pace the Indy 500 again and for there to be a limited run of pace cars available. It's too late to make the 40th anniversary edition obviously, so that will have to wait until the 45th anniversary.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:46 AM

I second the reccomendation for the SCCA inspired cars.

I would also love to see something that makes the general public really aware of the car, basically tying it to anything high visibilty. Maybe something like an Overhaulin' edition with Foose design, or something else that really feeds off of popular musclecar culture, but with a modern flair. The transformers idea is also cool because its the first time a Camaro has really been the "star" of a major movie, so feeding off of it with a bumblebee package available on both V6 and V8 models would be great.

One more thing, has anyone ever considered a "Salute the Troops" edition, maybe a special option package to welcome our guys (and girls) home with?
Don't know how feasible it would be, but I think it could be cool, maybe jet inspired paint and interior, or something similar.

Last edited by 67 LS-1 & T-56; 05-17-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Marcus
A Penske inspired edition in the spirit of the original and also recent(ish) 4th gen Penske car. With a few lightweight body panels where practical (aluminum / CF hood, fenders?) maybe a few aluminum suspension parts like the C5 and C6. Aimed squarely at handling and road racing enthusiasts.
Originally Posted by skorpion317
Mark Donahue Edition Z/28 - nearly race-ready Z/28. Upgraded suspension, a little more power than regular Z/28 (like 15-20 HP), and available in the same color as the original Trans-Am winning race car. The decals and red accents don't necessarily need to be there, but that blue color needs to be available.
Mark Donohue's Penske Camaros were blue and yellow. The only red on the car was the front air dam on some of the 68s, and lightcovers on the 69s.

I too would love to see such a special edition Camaro. A tribute to the 1968 #6 would be cool.

However, I think it would need stripes like Mark's 1967 car...

With an option for a stripe delete like on the 1968 or 1969 car...

I'd like to see this as a Z06-like version of the top dog Camaro. It would be only offered in a coupe version, with 6spd manual. However unlike a factory race car, I'd also like to see all the frills of a modern street car (AC, PW, PL, HUD, etc.) but tastefully done in the factory Penske blue with accents.

It would be the perfect stablemate to my 1967 Penske tribute coupe.

Make it happen Scott!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:11 PM

40th Anniversary Edition

I can still dream
Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 PM

I've always loved the Pace Cars, would definitely like to see a version of that.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM

limited production, high horsepower v-8, throaty exhaust, manual trans package {kind of like the mustang gt500kr type promotion}. but it should be limited in numbers and badged discretely but enough so that it is slightly noticable on the street that it a special order edition. (probably would not be used for the daily driver type, imho).

A car that not everyone can have but would want.

(save the v6 for that crowd)

just my 2 pesos
Old 05-17-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Mark Donohue's Penske Camaros were blue and yellow. The only red on the car was the front air dam on some of the 68s, and lightcovers on the 69s.

I too would love to see such a special edition Camaro. A tribute to the 1968 #6 would be cool.

I'd like to see this as a Z06-like version of the top dog Camaro. It would be only offered in a coupe version, with 6spd manual. However unlike a factory race car, I'd also like to see all the frills of a modern street car (AC, PW, PL, HUD, etc.) but tastefully done in the factory Penske blue with accents.
I'd like to add +1 to this request. Its the first thing that came to mind as a special edition. The '68 in the first picture is my favorite, and PLEASE keep the No. 6 meatball stickers as part of the package!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:36 PM

TEXAS EDITION !

or ZL1
Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by squiresz
I'd like to add +1 to this request. Its the first thing that came to mind as a special edition. The '68 in the first picture is my favorite, and PLEASE keep the No. 6 meatball stickers as part of the package!
I say have the stickers optional and even customizable like the Parnelli Jones Mustangs. Not everybody wants to run around with numbers on the side of their car. Those who do might not necessarily want a #6.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:44 PM

"ZL1" might be a nice companion to "Z06". Drop a 427 in there (doesn't even have to be the same dry-sump Z06 motor as far as I am concerned), and the obligatory suspension setting changes, badges and slight exterior/interior updates and I don't see how I could resist.

If there are naming problems, you could even use something like "Z04". It wouldn't have the immediate through-back recognition, but it might catch on quickly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OK...part 2- what special edition Camaros would you like to see.....