2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 2011 Camaro Convertible Press Release - WITH COMPLETE SPECS!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:01 PM

Re: Offical 2011 Camaro Convertible Press Release - WITH COMPLETE SPECS!

It looks great and GM seems to have spent a lot of time and money to make the convert feel like the coupe. I love the rear spoiler and think it should find its way to the coupe. The CHMSL and shark fin retract from the cars clean lines and looked like add-ons in some early photos but it all looks a lot better as a finished product.
This Convert also looks amazing with top up or down and I was worried about the top up looks would ruin the very sleek styling of this car. GM Design did an excellent job. Styling seems to be one of the top reasons people have been buying this car and the convert will not lose any sales.
That said there are a few eyebrow raising stats and specs to this car. The 200lb+ curb weight Elephant in the room is a bit shocking. Especially since one of the reasons GM gave for the high curb weight was overall Zeta stiffness which would make one think the convert wouldn’t need as much bracing. I don't think it’s a big deal for the convert because performance is always secondary but the convert isn't going to run like the coupe. Not unless GM bumps up HP/tq for the L99/LS3 as has been rumored. 25hp may be necessary. And the overall idea of a $40k 2-ton V8 Camaro convert is gonna take some getting used to. I think any Camaro enthusiast realizes what these milestones mean.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:41 AM

Arrow Options / specs

Here you go -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2011CamaroConvertible_Specs.pdf (757.4 KB, 128 views)
Old 11-17-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
is the RS package not an option on it? it doesnt say anything in there about it.
Yes the RS is an option.... See .pdf in my post above.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
BTW...anyone who comes here to ruin this thread for the other 99% of the people who don't want to read the same stale crying about weight will have their posts deleted. Please find another site for that broken record. Everyone else will thank you for it.
This is the first time we have seen official weight numbers for the convertible and yet you don't think its appropriate to discuss them and voice our opinions??

What is the purpose of this message board then? To just blindly praise GM and love everything they do to the Camaro?

I did not post here to "ruin this thread". I am a Camaro enthusiast and I take offense to my post being deleted.

Regards,

Colin
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM

BASE PRICES!

1LT $30,000
2LT $33,500
1SS $37,500
2SS $40,500

(w/$850 DFC)
Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 AM

Re: Official 2011 Camaro Convertible Press Release - WITH COMPLETE SPECS!

are these prices in the same range as the vert mustnag?is about 4-5k more for a vert average?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 AM

LA Autoshow - official unveiling -

am/fm antenna in spoiler std in SS available in LT with RS

trunk lock cyl inside

fixed rear seat
rear windows go down
molded in color door sills

7th speaker added (8" subwoofer)

Canvas top....less fading & more durable. Made in Bowling Green, same company as vette.
no ribs showing, still a coupe-like design

Coupe-like driving feel, with suspension & body supports. Performance times .2 seconds within coupe specs.

top has acustic panels for a quiet ride.

Production early January - shipping late January

NOV 18th FIRST DATE TO ORDER SOLD ORDERS! Must have allocation to get an order built - Through March....After March orders will be for 2012 units.

No LS

ALL have back up assist

Single handle release, like Corvette

Top Cover included with 2LT & 2SS
__________________________________________________ ____
SPECIAL EDITION CAMARO'S:

Synergy: 2LT, 2SS RS - VR, CGM, White, Black.

Red stitching, unique striping

Q1 availability for ordering - Coupe or convertible
__________________________________________________ ____
XM Appearence:

Lip spoiler

1LT coupe only - IBM, Black, or CGM

Spring of 2011

Z28? No Comment

Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
It looks great and GM seems to have spent a lot of time and money to make the convert feel like the coupe. I love the rear spoiler and think it should find its way to the coupe. The CHMSL and shark fin retract from the cars clean lines and looked like add-ons in some early photos but it all looks a lot better as a finished product.
This Convert also looks amazing with top up or down and I was worried about the top up looks would ruin the very sleek styling of this car. GM Design did an excellent job. Styling seems to be one of the top reasons people have been buying this car and the convert will not lose any sales.
That said there are a few eyebrow raising stats and specs to this car. The 200lb+ curb weight Elephant in the room is a bit shocking. Especially since one of the reasons GM gave for the high curb weight was overall Zeta stiffness which would make one think the convert wouldn’t need as much bracing. I don't think it’s a big deal for the convert because performance is always secondary but the convert isn't going to run like the coupe. Not unless GM bumps up HP/tq for the L99/LS3 as has been rumored. 25hp may be necessary. And the overall idea of a $40k 2-ton V8 Camaro convert is gonna take some getting used to. I think any Camaro enthusiast realizes what these milestones mean.
The SS manual 'vert should easily make a low 13's pass. 13.20 is still an interesting level of performance.

I suppose it's all a matter of what you are looking for.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM

are these prices in the same range as the vert mustnag?is about 4-5k more for a vert average?
On the V6 side they are pretty even. The V6 Camaro starts at a couple of grand more than a base Mustang convertible, but it's actually a little less than the Mustang Premium convertible. Mainly this is due to Chevy skipping a "base" (LS) Camaro convertible.

Mustang comes out cheaper on the V8s, though. The Mustang GT Premium costs about the same as the 1SS.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
On the V6 side they are pretty even. The V6 Camaro starts at a couple of grand more than a base Mustang convertible, but it's actually a little less than the Mustang Premium convertible. Mainly this is due to Chevy skipping a "base" (LS) Camaro convertible.

Mustang comes out cheaper on the V8s, though. The Mustang GT Premium costs about the same as the 1SS.
Although the Mustang is deemed as a cruiser, not a performance driver. One of the auto mags already tore the Mustang convertible apart for its body flex.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty
Although the Mustang is deemed as a cruiser, not a performance driver. One of the auto mags already tore the Mustang convertible apart for its body flex.
Yeah... I wonder how much of that is real body flex and how much is the softened up suspension. Poor shock valving especially can make seem like flex in the chassis when in fact it isn't... the 4th Gen Fcar is a perfect example of this.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:44 AM

ive heard from quite a few people saying that the mustangs chassis is very weak and "flexy". and this was on the coupe. i also saw an article on the vert and it was talking about the chassis movement and how bad it was.
its good to see that chevy has done research on this to make the camaro more rigid.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 PM

ive heard from quite a few people saying that the mustangs chassis is very weak and "flexy". and this was on the coupe. i also saw an article on the vert and it was talking about the chassis movement and how bad it was.
its good to see that chevy has done research on this to make the camaro more rigid.
My point was that you heard the same thing about the 4th Gen Fcar and it wasn't really true. It was a result of poor shock valving. This point is easily confirmed when you drive a stock 4th Gen with DeCarbons back to back with an otherwise stock Fcar with Konis... that flex feeling somehow disappears.

The butt-dyno and the butt-chassis-flex-o-meter are not really scientific instruments. I'm not saying that there isn't any flex at all in the Mustang chassis, but I wonder how much of it is exaggerated.

That being said, the Camaro has a competent chassis in coupe form and it looks like it will in convertible form as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:51 PM

Feel is the deal, but flex is pretty easy to note if you drive one wheel up on a curb and note the body panel spacing changes... or lack of any.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:37 PM

Any mention of the silver painted winshield surround being an option on the 'vert?

Quick Reply: Official 2011 Camaro Convertible Press Release - WITH COMPLETE SPECS!