2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

>>Official 2010 Camaro Delivery Thread<<

Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 AM

>>Official 2010 Camaro Delivery Thread<<

Since i havent seen anyone start one ill go ahead and do it!
as everyone takes delivery of their new prized possesion post up trim level and some pics of the said camaro. im still a few months from accepting my car . however would enjoy to see some new owners!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 AM

Heh, I think this thread will stay pretty empty for quite awhile.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 AM

I think only Hendrick would be able to post here legitimately at this point
Old 04-14-2009, 09:16 AM

what about all those camaro's on the car hauler? those were all customers cars. there has to be a few hundred out there already. if their making 250+ a day and its been a good months worth of work so far, i would assume that there are maybe 1000 cars out there now.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
what about all those camaro's on the car hauler? those were all customers cars. there has to be a few hundred out there already. if their making 250+ a day and its been a good months worth of work so far, i would assume that there are maybe 1000 cars out there now.
Sadly, they're not all members here.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
I'm beginning to think that was a staged photo op.
Or, those cars were loaded on the hauler, brought to a storage lot, and then off loaded.

These cars are either on a quality hold or are being held back for the May 6th unveiling. My guess.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
I'm beginning to think that was a staged photo op.
Or, those cars were loaded on the hauler, brought to a storage lot, and then off loaded.

These cars are either on a quality hold or are being held back for the May 6th unveiling. My guess.
My guess is that those cars are for the May 6 Unveiling:

Camaro Unveiling Activity May 6, 2009
Orders are already at the plant scheduled to be built and shipped to you for the Camaro unveiling activity. These units are not showing as in system or in bound units because they are ordered under a special account. As the units are produced and released for shipment, they will be reassigned to a dealership and then shipped. Only then will a dealer see an inbound unit on their reports.

As a reminder, these preordered units will be in one of four models and colors and all of them equipped with the award winning 3.6L V-6 that achieves 29 MPG HWY and 304 Horsepower. These units are over and above the initial estimated retail production guide numbers previously provided, and will be invoiced as they are assigned to dealers. The assignment of vehicles will be at random and the dealership cannot make any changes as the units will have already been built.

It is expected every dealership will have at least one unit in time for the reveal on May 6, and in some cases, well before that date. Although we would prefer you to hold this unit until May 6, it is a dealership retail unit, and there are no restrictions to delivering it before May 6.

More information regarding this activity and the availability of point of sales material will be provided in the near future.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:47 PM

So on May 6th, I should be able to walk into the local Chevy dealer and see a 3.6 model if it hasn't already been sold?

Up here in the Northwest where we don't get any GM attention I have to take what I can get
Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
So on May 6th, I should be able to walk into the local Chevy dealer and see a 3.6 model if it hasn't already been sold?

Up here in the Northwest where we don't get any GM attention I have to take what I can get
More or less. I've spoken to my dealer who said that they'd sell theirs in a few years as a used car; preferring to use this as their test drive mule. Saves face with those that wish to buy a stock vehicle that hasn't been beaten on.

Other dealers may be out for a quick buck and sell it off the first chance they get. It's a roll of the dice.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by moto_italia
My guess is that those cars are for the May 6 Unveiling:

Camaro Unveiling Activity May 6, 2009
Orders are already at the plant scheduled to be built and shipped to you for the Camaro unveiling activity. These units are not showing as in system or in bound units because they are ordered under a special account. As the units are produced and released for shipment, they will be reassigned to a dealership and then shipped. Only then will a dealer see an inbound unit on their reports.

As a reminder, these preordered units will be in one of four models and colors and all of them equipped with the award winning 3.6L V-6 that achieves 29 MPG HWY and 304 Horsepower. These units are over and above the initial estimated retail production guide numbers previously provided, and will be invoiced as they are assigned to dealers. The assignment of vehicles will be at random and the dealership cannot make any changes as the units will have already been built.

It is expected every dealership will have at least one unit in time for the reveal on May 6, and in some cases, well before that date. Although we would prefer you to hold this unit until May 6, it is a dealership retail unit, and there are no restrictions to delivering it before May 6.

More information regarding this activity and the availability of point of sales material will be provided in the near future.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't mention anything about the sold orders.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM

so they have all these sold ordered cars, already made, and sitting in a parking lot when they could be at the owners house right now? what the hell is goign on here?! am i the only one who things that this whole, delivery and dealer display ,car deal is kinda backwards?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Zabo
More or less. I've spoken to my dealer who said that they'd sell theirs in a few years as a used car; preferring to use this as their test drive mule. Saves face with those that wish to buy a stock vehicle that hasn't been beaten on.

Other dealers may be out for a quick buck and sell it off the first chance they get. It's a roll of the dice.
theres a period that they have to keep the car for. they wont be able to sell it off no matter to who and for how much, within that period.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM

The last dealer I talked to (Friendly in Dallas) said there are Camaros on the ground somewhere in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but they haven't yet gone out to the individual dealers. No one was sure when they would be arriving, but they suspected on or shortly before this May 5th - 6th date.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by TTopJohn
The last dealer I talked to (Friendly in Dallas) said there are Camaros on the ground somewhere in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but they haven't yet gone out to the individual dealers. No one was sure when they would be arriving, but they suspected on or shortly before this May 5th - 6th date.
So John, what we need you to do is visit this thread:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=680318

and find the auto rail yard distribution center(s) in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Once you do that, you can drive by them to see if there are any Camaros on the ground there.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 PM

So are these "demo" cars going to dealers for May 6th included in the monthly consensus reports?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: >>Official 2010 Camaro Delivery Thread<<