2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not so good looking 2010 Camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by rcowan99
Its funny how there are so many people that think if a Camaro doesn't have a huge glass hatch and doesn't look like an updated version of the 2nd gen, (like the 3rd and 4th gens) then its not a Camaro anymore. They see the new version so different and they think its just a Mustang copy rather than a very well executed modern interpretation of the ORIGINAL Camaro style. Whatever. Those are usually the same idiots who can't differentiate between a Camaro and a Firebird.

How does the 3rd gen look like an updated version of the 2nd gen? Just curious cause I don't see it.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 AM

You're kidding, right? Hmmm Both have same basic shape, long nose, both have big hatch glass both have tail-light bar that goes across the hole back of the car following the red/yellow/white pattern. Both have same huge b-pillars. The most difference you see is in the nose, but even there its not that different. Even sitting inside both of them feels like the same car, seat type and position, laid back-legs out- staring over that long hood, dash layout, center console layout. I say body/interior-wise the late 2nd and 3rds are more similar than any other two gens. and on and on and on....
? big hatch glass in a 2nd gen?? 2nd and 3rd gens are nothing alike save for 78-81 tail panel lights.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:31 PM

Do Not Buy One

Originally Posted by Carlos26
This is just me...but i dont like the new mustang looks or better yet any mustang they dont attract me.....But a Camaro i will take one any day of any year model except the 2010 model cause it looks like a freaking mustang when looking from the side. If you compare a a 2008 mustang and the new camaro from a half block away sideview you couldnt tell the difference. I was hoping the guys at GM were able to come with some unique looks and not copy of the mustang....looks wise.
I'm dissapointed.

Whatever you do, don't buy one. Folks at GM just can't STAND it when people buy their cars and don't actually like the way they look...pisses them off...
Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jay Peterson

Whatever you do, don't buy one. Folks at GM just can't STAND it when people buy their cars and don't actually like the way they look...pisses them off...
Bull...they'll take their money too.
A sale is a sale
Old 08-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by blue 79 Z/28
? big hatch glass in a 2nd gen?? 2nd and 3rd gens are nothing alike save for 78-81 tail panel lights.
I don't understand why people think 2nd gens are hatch backs.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carlos26
http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos....ew_640x480.jpg

http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/che...amaro-side.jpg

Now i said they look alike about half a block away....but still..compare the two images above....then compare a 1993-1997 camaro with a 1994-1999 mustang big diference ehhh.
I would NEVER confuse those 2. The Camaro has that classic RWD hunch at the quarter panel, and the lines are a million times more graceful and organic than the Rustang. Note the Rustang's shiloutte is just straight, slab sided, unimaginative. I CAN'T stand its C pillar...just doesn't go with the rest of the car.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:04 PM

I'm glad we share the same opinion!

Originally Posted by NewsBot
DETROIT — ... Welburn says the rear quarter of the production vehicle is "one of my favorite areas — very strong, very powerful."...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:47 PM

Yes, no hatch on 2nd gen. shoot me. My point was LOST: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens look very similar, stylistically, especially when you look at them in profile and when you put them side by side with a 1st gen. Remember Sesame Street? "One of these kids is doin' his own thing...." When most people think of Camaro they think of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens. So they see this new one and they don't see a Camaro. They think its an attempt to copy Mustang. So you get threads like this. Show most people a 69 Camaro and they'll probably confuse it with a Mustang as well. The new interpretation of Camaro is just as legitimate as the new interpretation of the Mustang, only better. The most obvious difference is that Camaro doesn't look like a big-*** bubble like the Mustang. Hell you could photochop a Prius and make it look a lot like a new Mustang. As far as educating anyone under 40 so that they understand why it looks like it does they are going to have to do some serious marketing with 1st and 5th gens side-by-side to get the point across. Its almost certain that will happen. In the Transformers movie they should have made the kid's used car a '69.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned

the 2 cars share a similar shape....

I can see it, in the dark a block away you couldn't tell
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM

I don't think it's all that smart to rely heavily on the 1st gen as a marketing crutch. The 2010 stands on its own. I think the Welburn "Essence" video gets that across pretty well.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:37 PM

It pisses me off when people say it but it's true, the average non car person thinks they look the same. I've heard it about 50 times so far.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:08 PM

Yes, no hatch on 2nd gen. shoot me. My point was LOST: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens look very similar, stylistically, especially when you look at them in profile and when you put them side by side with a 1st gen. Remember Sesame Street? "One of these kids is doin' his own thing...." When most people think of Camaro they think of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens. So they see this new one and they don't see a Camaro. They think its an attempt to copy Mustang. So you get threads like this. Show most people a 69 Camaro and they'll probably confuse it with a Mustang as well. The new interpretation of Camaro is just as legitimate as the new interpretation of the Mustang, only better. The most obvious difference is that Camaro doesn't look like a big-*** bubble like the Mustang. Hell you could photochop a Prius and make it look a lot like a new Mustang. As far as educating anyone under 40 so that they understand why it looks like it does they are going to have to do some serious marketing with 1st and 5th gens side-by-side to get the point across. Its almost certain that will happen. In the Transformers movie they should have made the kid's used car a '69.
I know what your point is, but it doesnt make much sense. 2nd gens are round, 3rd gens are more square, and 4th gens are big wedges. The profiles aren't even close IMO.

As far as people confusing Mustangs and Camaros: I don't associate myself with retards so I wouldn't know. A girl I knew in highschool called my 71 a Mustang and I promptly gaver her the boot. They look nothing alike and still don't other than the fact that they are both pony cars.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 AM

speaking of one car looking like another. im pretty damn good at spoting a certain car from a distance...usually. i was driving down the highway a couple weeks ago and got really excited about what i thought was a new Challenger...turns out it was a ~'90 ford probe . that one was probably all my fault, but I saw a tail light across the back of the car and made a bad assumption haha...
Old 08-17-2008, 01:01 AM

i used to think the 1st gens looked nothing like the rest, but...

if you put a 69 and a 70 next to each other, you can tell theyre the same car.

if you line up a 69, 70, 78, 87, 93, 98. you can see the progression. theyre all the same.

but if you stick a 10 on the end, its more of a sum of all previous camaros rather than a continuation of the 4th gen.

some (me) wanted another 4th gen, most wanted another 1st gen. but you can see both in the 5th gen.

it also has a lot of 3rd gen too.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:48 AM

Um a 69 and a 70 Camaro are not the same car... Looking at them they do not look like each other or share a single body panel. They are both Camaro's, with 2 doors, rwd and 6 cylinders and 8 cylinders from weak to powerful. But they are far from the same car.

Quick Reply: Not so good looking 2010 Camaro.