2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

No Blue for SS!!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

No Blue for SS!!

With the release of the consumer ordering guides, we now know for sure there is no blue available for SS. I know this was disappointing news for me.

The ONLY way this can change is to show there is a large enough consumer demand for it. Please, no rants, no death threats. Those of you who are ready to buy and want blue, speak up. We all know GM is reading this board for reaction.

I would absolutely say if you were ready to order, and are now considering changing your mind, to let your dealership know blue is a deal breaker for you.

Last edited by ChrisL; 10-10-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:35 PM

What about metallic green? There's no green option on any model.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
What about metallic green? There's no green option on any model.
Green was never on the palate. Lets keep this thread on topic. It cant be an "all colors in the rainbow" thread.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 PM

I was on the fence about when to buy due to several factors but my car recently got destroyed by a drunk driver so I was leaning towards sooner rather than later in the year. That being said, if there is no Imperial blue then there is virtually no chance of me buying until it becomes an option. I love the Cyber gray color but that's the color of my current car so I think i'll pass on that. My plan was to get IBM with CG or white stripes.

*Footnote: The factors I was deciding on were Nav, HUD and most importantly a Z28.

Last edited by Kevin L; 10-10-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Got my blues mixed up.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Prominent Member

DOUBLE U TEE EFF!!?!!?!!

Maybe, they're holding out for Jet Stream Blue and it's just not approved yet.....or someone dropped the 'blue' ball...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
someone dropped the 'blue' ball...
unfortunately, it was this case.....
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 PM

I know a certain disciple other than Chris that was pretty set on blue.
This is pretty shocking. I was pulling for the ABM SS myself.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:03 PM

Metallic Blue (with Cyber Gray rally stripes) would have been my first choice.

My second choice would have been orange or red, but now I'm leaning towards black. However I still wish there was a blue option for the "SS".
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Terrible call on GM's part. ALL colors should be available. You can even get blue on a Z06 and ZR1 for heavens sake! I cannot for the life of me understand why GM limits colors like this when it is a NO COST item to them. All it does is p*ss people off when they can't get the color they want on the otherwise LOADED car when you CAN get the color on the base, no option car. Totally unacceptable. GM, offer the SS in ALL colors!

And cloth seats on a reduced cost 2SS w/ leather seats optional
Old 10-10-2008, 01:10 PM

I hate for my first post to be a complaint but... why is there no Blue color options on the SS? I was looking forward to buying a fully loaded Blue SS but now it is not possible. I hope that GM will reconsider this decision of not offering Blue on the SS models. If I am going to drop 35+ K on a car I am going to want the color I like on it. Sorry to rant but it's a bit disappointing is all.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:21 PM

Well that makes my color choice easier. I was trying to talk myself into Aqua Blue anyway. Now I won't have that remorse everytime I look in my driveway. Now the choice is Victory Red or Inferno Orange. Or do I get yet another black car. Probably not, really tired of black. Although the Camaro looks totally badass in black.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Disciple

I must say I am shocked and very disappointed at this decision.

II was hoping for an Aqua Blue Metallic SS RS myself....it kinda makes me second guess my visit to the dealership on monday
Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM

Doesn't make sense !! Why would it be available on the LT, and not the SS ?? They are the same freaking cars with different options !!!!

Anyhow, Being a Canadian, I couldn't even order anything now..... I would have even gone to my friends down south, but again thanks to GM brass, the dealers down south have been told not to sell to us.... Man this bites !!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:44 PM

I would like to know why they would choose to exclude blue from the SS lineup. Obviously it was a conscious decision, so there must be some logical explanation, either from a marketing perspective or otherwise. Rather than drawing attention to what IS an SS, they've chosen a color palette that says "I'm defintely NOT an SS." As somebody mentioned, I don't think it costs them any extra to do so, as we otherwise see with the extra-cost option of "Red Jewel Tintcoat." Pretty heinous that GM made this decision. All the leaked material points out that the SS is targeted at us- the enthusiasts. It said that enthusiasts like us would "seek out" the Camaro. So with that in mind, why would they limit our options? Because they can? I honestly can't make sense of this. Insert shocked and devastated smiley face guy.

Looks like I'll have to make an appointment to remove the blue from my Bowtie tattoo. Not kidding.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:11 PM

I wanted Blue for sure. I wanted blue with my current Z and I love my green but was definitely going for blue on my new purchase.

This is bad news for me.

Bring back blue!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Blue for SS!!