2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: SEMA Preview: Hotchkis to reveal 750-hp LS7-powered Lingenfelter Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: SEMA Preview: Hotchkis to reveal 750-hp LS7-powered Lingenfelter Camaro

Filed under: Aftermarket, SEMA Show, Coupe, Performance, Chevrolet

2010 Lingenfelter Camaro by Hotchkis - Click above for high-res image gallery

Oh my. A stock 2010 Chevy Camaro SS produces 426 horsepower from its 6.2-liter LS3 V8. A Corvette Z06 turns out 505 hp from its 7.0-liter LS7. The Blue Devil, aka Corvette ZR1, is the most powerful car ever produced by General Motors and churns out a ridiculous 638 hp from its supercharged 6.2-liter LS9 guts. Impressive, but what if you were to strap a supercharger onto the bigger displacement LS7 from the Z06? Why, you'd get more power than you do from the LS9, that's for sure.

Obviously, that's exactly what Lingenfelter has done with its new Camaro. Co-engineered with suspension experts Hotchkis, the 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro features a 750-hp supercharged 427 cubic inch (though really 428) V8. No official word on torque, but let's just assume bat guano levels of twist. For one thing, this Camaro motor is a bit more than simply a blower bolted to a big block. For one thing it has forged JE pistons. For another it has titanium intake valves and Iconel exhaust valves - we don't even know what Iconel is! Oh wait, thanks to the magic of the internet we learn that Iconel is an "austenitic nickel-chromium-based superalloy" that is "oxidation and corrosion resistant materials well suited for service in extreme environments." What on earth is austenitic?

And that's just part of what makes the engine so mighty. But Hotchkis and Lingenfelter didn't stop with a stonkin' motor. As you might expect, the suspension is pretty incredible, too. Underneath the Camaro you'll find a Hotchkis Total Vehicle System that consists of sport springs, adjustable sway bars and a ChassisMax subframe brace. The dampers come from Lingenfelter/Sachs and are fully adjustable. And of course there's the requisite Brembo calipers and rotors. The fairly massive 20-inch wheels are slathered in Pirelli 275/40ZR20 rubber up front and Pirelli 305/35ZR20s in the rear.

Then there's the body kit, which consists of all sorts of bits and baubles like a front splitter, rocker extensions, a carbon fiber grille, functional air extractors on the hood, trunk spoiler, rear fascia and LPE exhaust tips. All in all, this looks to be one mother of a Camaro. We'll be there live at the SEMA Show to cover the reveal in a couple of weeks. Until then, make the jump to check out the full press release and stats.

Gallery: 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro by Hotchkis

Continue reading SEMA Preview: Hotchkis to reveal 750-hp LS7-powered Lingenfelter Camaro

SEMA Preview: Hotchkis to reveal 750-hp LS7-powered Lingenfelter Camaro originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 AM

Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM

If it is a supercharged LS7, then it is not a big block. Author needs to do more research, or is an idiot.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
If it is a supercharged LS7, then it is not a big block. Author needs to do more research, or is an idiot.
Or you're putting words in his mouth. The only time he said "big block" is when he said that this engine was more than that.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:52 PM

i saw some photos of the body kit lingenfelter is revealing and it looks pretty slick. i cant wait for sema to get here and get over so all these companies can finally reveal their products to us. im dying here wanting to mod my car more. i got a hole burning in my pocket!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by NewsBot
Impressive, but what if you were to strap a supercharger onto the supercharger
I had a dyslexic moment and thats how I thought that sentance went at first.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:27 PM

Impressive, but what if you were to strap a supercharger onto the bigger displacement LS7 from the Z06? Why, you'd get more power than you do from the LS9, that's for sure.

Obviously, that's exactly what Lingenfelter has done with its new Camaro. Co-engineered with suspension experts Hotchkis, the 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro features a 750-hp supercharged 427 cubic inch (though really 428) V8. No official word on torque, but let's just assume bat guano levels of twist. For one thing, this Camaro motor is a bit more than simply a blower bolted to a big block.
He knows they are using the LS7 as a base, and therefore did poor research. The lack of research and editing in internet journalism today is staggering. It is not just this guy. You find lots of mistakes on MSN, SI, ESPN, and so forth.

Last edited by SSCamaro99_3; 10-26-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

He knows they are using the LS7 as a base, and therefore did poor research. The lack of research and editing in internet journalism today is staggering. It is not just this guy. You find lots of mistakes on MSN, SI, ESPN, and so forth.
What mistake are you saying he made?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
What mistake are you saying he made?
The original author of the article is referring to the LS7 as a big block because it displaces 427ci. If his job is to be a proffessional automotive journalist, then my point is, that he is doing it poorly. I have highlighted the problem in the above post.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

The original author of the article is referring to the LS7 as a big block because it displaces 427ci. If his job is to be a proffessional automotive journalist, then my point is, that he is doing it poorly. I have highlighted the problem in the above post.
Please point me to the place where he said that the LS7 is a big block.

I see where he said it is more than "simply a ... big block". I see where the inference you're making is coming from, but technically, the author did not call the LS7 a big block. He said it's "more than" one. I tend to agree that, physical dimensions notwithstanding, an LS7 is indeed "more than" a big block.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:51 PM

In the second highlighted section he says "this Camaro motor is a bit more than simply a blower bolted to a big block.".....In the previous paragraph he stated that this car is using the LS7 engine. The use of the word "this" is a direct reference to the LS7 motor (despite being in a preceding paragraph). In his next sentence he mentions the change in pistons and exhaust valves, and not the architecture and design differences between what would be an LS series engine and a true big block. Therefore his reference assumes that he thinks that the displacement is the determining factor of a "big block" instead of the architecture. I am being picky. However, he is a professional automotive journalist and should research his articles better, in addition his usage of the English language should be better. A great example of how far you can push a pronoun's refernce can be found in "The Federalist". Alexander Hamiliton, John Jay, and James Madison will outline an object, and pages later will be using a pronoun as reference with the expectation that you were able to follow the thought process. It is amazing how far our collective reading level has fallen. I am not trying to be rude, but thought it bore pointing out.

Last edited by SSCamaro99_3; 10-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

It is amazing how far our collective reading level has fallen.
I'll agree with you on this point, but not on the rest. Your conclusion is fallacious.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 PM

but what if you were to strap a supercharger onto the bigger displacement LS7 from the Z06? Why, you'd get more power than you do from the LS9, that's for sure.

Obviously, that's exactly what Lingenfelter has done with its new Camaro. Co-engineered with suspension experts Hotchkis, the 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro features a 750-hp supercharged 427 cubic inch (though really 428) V8. No official word on torque, but let's just assume bat guano levels of twist. For one thing, this Camaro motor is a bit more than simply a blower bolted to a big block. For one thing it has forged JE pistons. For another it has titanium intake valves and Iconel exhaust valves -
"the 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro features a 750-hp supercharged 427 cubic inch (though really 428) V8"...this references ....."but what if you were to strap a supercharger onto the bigger displacement LS7 from the Z06"

So we can agree that he knows the car contains a supercharged LS7.

"For one thing, this Camaro motor is a bit more than simply a blower bolted to a big block."....How is it different?...."For one thing it has forged JE pistons. For another it has titanium intake valves and Iconel exhaust valves "

So either he thinks the parts are interchangeable between a big block and a 427ci LS series motor, or assumes that the LS7 is a big block due to its displacement. He is directly referencing the engine contained in the vehicle and outlining what has been changed, while simultaneously saying that it is not just a blower bolted to a big block. The only other explanation is that even mentioning the traditional big block is a useless reference given the content of his article.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:16 PM

Technically you're both right. While the author doesn't directly say "the LS7 is a big block" the inference is certainly there and one can deduce that is what he meant.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Technically you're both right. While the author doesn't directly say "the LS7 is a big block" the inference is certainly there and one can deduce that is what he meant.
Inference is done by the reader/listener, not by the writer/speaker. Either you meant to say "implication," or your point is moot.

Quick Reply: NEWS: SEMA Preview: Hotchkis to reveal 750-hp LS7-powered Lingenfelter Camaro