2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: Motor Trend pits Camaro 1LE vs Mustang with Performance Pack, surprises ensue

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: Motor Trend pits Camaro 1LE vs Mustang with Performance Pack, surprises ensue

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Videos, Chevrolet, Ford

With the 2015 Ford Mustang firmly on the scene, the inevitable comparisons with its arch rival, the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro are just starting to trickle out. Over the next several months, you're likely to be inundated by every outlet's muscle car comparison, whether it be the turbocharged Ford against the V6 Chevy, a V8-powered convertible comparo or what we have here, a competition between each vehicle's performance upgrade.

Motor Trend has pitted the Camaro SS 1LE against a Mustang with the GT Performance Pack for a comprehensive series of comparisons on the test stage, street and finally, at Willow Springs with ace Randy Pobst behind the wheel. As per usual, we aren't about to spoil this one for you.

So, hit the play button, have a look and then let us know what you think in Comments.Continue reading Motor Trend pits Camaro 1LE vs Mustang with Performance Pack, surprises ensue

Motor Trend pits Camaro 1LE vs Mustang with Performance Pack, surprises ensue originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:33 AM

Re: NEWS: Motor Trend pits Camaro 1LE vs Mustang with Performance Pack, surprises ens

Honestly I used to like the Mustang. Now it looks as if they hired Nissan to style it, looking a lot like the Infinity Q60 coupe. Nissan has bland and goofy looking cars (but Honda OWNS blandness). At any rate Ford will continue to sell these just like others in the past. Just because a car isn't pleasing aesthetically doesn't mean it won't sell.

98% of buyers will never have a car on a track, ever. Most won't care one whit about whether or not a car performs slightly better or less than the competition. Mustang/Camaro/Challenger buyers are going to drive them to the work, school, church, grandma's house, etc. They're happy driving the cars they buy the same as drivers of SUV's, trucks, compacts and pretty much everything else on the road. For those that watch and pay attention to reviews like these you're in the minority. You're on car forums trying to figure out how to customize your car and make it "better", according to you. Same as Subaru STi guys, same as Nissan 370Z guys, same as Mazda MX5 (Miata) guys.

When you pit two fairly identical vehicles against each other there is going to be a winner and loser. It seems Ford has made the Mustang better than it was. It's uglier outside but better underneath. Chevy hasn't redesigned the outside just yet and has put together a better performance package in a bigger, heavier car. That's kind of impressive: making a bigger, heavier car perform better than it's counterpart. By better it isn't much better, just slightly.

Go forth and choose the car you want. I can't afford either so don't really care as much as others. If I could I'd choose the Camaro, I've always preferred GM over FoMoCo and Crapler (Chrysler) products even when owned by the federal government (not happy though). At my house I have an 07 Silverado, 13 Equinox (wife's), 97 Camaro. Kinda a Chevy guy though the wife chose the Equinox all on her own, coming from a Nissan.