2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Lutz Offers Details on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Guy, dont get your boxers in a knot big guy.

Im not saying I wouldnt buy it. I will be all about buying this car. I just wanted no bpillar, like many others. I guess I will hold out for a frameless door glass? Maybe?
Anyway, I also do not like the idea of ttops. I dont think for side impact standards, but for just cosmetic look of the car, the ttops just wouldnt work.
Targa? Maybe. Ttops...eh.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
I guess I will hold out for a frameless door glass? Maybe?
LOL, now you're getting me worried!

As a follow up to the t-top question, why was it again that the t-top was going to have to go away after MY2002 if the 4th gen would have continued? Was it side impact, rollover protection, or what? And if it was something to do w/ the t-top design itself, would they be able to make it work in the 5th gen if they wanted to?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
....I would hope Scott might pop in and point out the reason that the industry as a whole has passed on T tops for a good while now. I sure crash standards and the point there already is a convertable available are two of the leading reasons....
Recent thread about the Mustang and T-tops.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Disciple

i think it would be hella sweet if GM called the new Camaro an 09 and a half instead of a '10. talk about a throwback

and i believe the Fight Club quote you were looking, guoinM, for is, "you are not a unique and beautiful snowflake..." lol i love that movie (and book).

the b-pillar doesn't bother me one bit. i'm sure GM will make sure it blends in well. our 05 GTO has a bigger rear window and a bigger b-pillar and that setup is fine by me. no blindspots and it blends in with the greenhouse very well i think.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:40 PM

lol, call me a noob but whats the difference between an A and B piller? Pics? Is it the split between side front and side rear glass? I did not think the new camaro had a back glass?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:49 PM

A pilar is the structure between the windsheild and the door glass, B pilar is the structure between the front door glass and the rear door glass or quarter window in Camaro's case. C pilar, I believe, is the structure between the door glass and the rear window. On a car like the 4th gen Camaro, I'm not sure if it was considered a B or a C. I've heard it described both ways.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chewbacca
Yes. A very welcome new image.
New Image? It just says "We are doing what everyone else does." The appeal of the Camaro is slipping away...
Old 09-30-2007, 09:01 AM

Really, some of you guys need the senses smacked into you. Get over the B-pillar issue. The car's sillouette remains. Methinks you guys are just looking for excuses to damn a product that you couldn't afford in the first instance.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:17 AM

If having a B pillar saves weight and saves money, I'm its biggest fan.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 AM

The addition of the B-pillar was probably added for safety reasons, and not to start turning off buyers. If you want a 5th gen without one, buy the concept! There are things that I hope the new camaro has that are not going to happen either, factory true dual exhaust with chambered mufflers. Are my expectations too high, most likely, does that mean that I won't buy the next Camaro, no. Let's all face it, the concept looks great, but the concept isn't the final look before production. I won't buy the next camaro when GM says on second thought it will be fwd, with two V6's.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:05 AM

Is bob lutz going to release information about the camaro in the slightest detail form now? All of you will have a heart attack within a few details.

The pillar, I don't care give me a worth while detail, like curb weight, interior retro or modern, price etc.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by DvBoard
New Image? It just says "We are doing what everyone else does." The appeal of the Camaro is slipping away...
*The following is not directed at you personally DvB but at the outcry regarding the lack of T-tops*

Gee, you're right.

Let's lobby GM for a return to carburetors. Everybody is doing fuel injected cars these days.

How 'bout vinyl roofs? Nobody has a car like that for sale anymore. Sure would bring back the appeal that's slipping away.

Full disclosure - The above comments were brought to you by somebody who once owned a car with T-tops and is old enough to remember when it seemed like the majority of the cars on the road had T-tops or were at least available with T-tops. I'd really, really, really hate for that old image to be attached to this new car.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:11 AM

I'd really really really like for the new car to have T-tops, but its not a deal breaker for me.

Then again, the addition of them could be a deal maker, but its all speculation right now anyway. I'll wait till the car hits the lots to decide.

Bob
Old 09-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I'll wait till the car hits the lots to decide.
Provided it is competitive and not overweight I can see two purchases of the car for me...

1) A used car to run F Stock and replace my E Street Prepared car.

2) A new car for "nice" ordered and optioned the way I want.

If it turns out that the car is overweight and not competitive then I guess I'll have some decisions to make.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
If having a B pillar saves weight and saves money, I'm its biggest fan.
I agree. Although I never thought the Camaro would be produced w/o one it was a cool idea for the concept.

In this day in age with all of the side crash protection not having a the B would have been very costly and heavy for the car. That was possible in the 60=70's but not today. I'm sure there are more but only the M-B CL's come to mind and they start over $100k and weigh a ton(s).

Quick Reply: NEWS: Lutz Offers Details on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro