2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Detroit 2009: First look at the production 2010 Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by km9v
Is anyone else bothered by the shift ****? The threads will be facing the palm of your hand & probably wear out quickly. probably irritate your hand as well.
Man up and grow some callouses?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Of the few things to complain about wrt this car the interior is not one you will be hearing complaints from me on. I like it. I like the design and I am confident that the quality will be top notch.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tsujin
In my Volvo(I know, bad comparison), they adjust the firmness of the back of the seat. May be the same, maybe not though
Firmness? Do you maybe mean lumbar support? I've never heard of a "firmness" adjustment.

I think I heard that it's how you recline the seat.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I think you're missing my point and his point.
wow! relax. i was just stating that i think you were misinterpreting him and what he was saying.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Is anyone else bothered by the shift ****? The threads will be facing the palm of your hand & probably wear out quickly. probably irritate your hand as well.
Yeah, from a design and materials standpoint, it got my attention. A round shifter w/ flattened sides, stitching in the wrong place, and the 2 pieces of metallic trim (the chrome ring at the top of the boot, and the plastic peice that I assume covers up a screw that secures the handle) that don't match.

I have a book on the development of the C6, and they have a page or 2 of all the work they put in on finding the right shifter handle shape, and probably a few dozen prototypes they looked at. I don't understand why they can put all that effort into one car to come up w/ what they feel is the best ergonomic, functional shape, and then come up w/ another car from the same division which goes in the exact opposite direction. I wonder if the C6 **** will fit..I'm really happy with it.

As an aside, those 4 pack gauges are BEGGING for chrome housing surrounds.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I think you're missing my point and his point.
You're both wrong.

I was saying that giving it a cockpit feel like every other GM product, wouldn't make it more "Camaro".

You are correct it does have a lot of technological advancements. Giving it a "cockpit" interior wouldn't be a technological advancement as other cars have had this since the 1960s (Corvette). However making it a modern musclecar with the technologies you listed, doesn't make it any less "Camaro".

People seem to want to force the Camaro into this mold of being a sports car. Its not a sports car, its a sporty 4-passenger sport coupe. There's a huge difference. (Thus my primary original point.)
Old 01-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Yeah, from a design and materials standpoint, it got my attention. A round shifter w/ flattened sides, stitching in the wrong place, and the 2 pieces of metallic trim (the chrome ring at the top of the boot, and the plastic peice that I assume covers up a screw that secures the handle) that don't match.

I have a book on the development of the C6, and they have a page or 2 of all the work they put in on finding the right shifter handle shape, and probably a few dozen prototypes they looked at. I don't understand why they can put all that effort into one car to come up w/ what they feel is the best ergonomic, functional shape, and then come up w/ another car from the same division which goes in the exact opposite direction. I wonder if the C6 **** will fit..I'm really happy with it.

As an aside, those 4 pack gauges are BEGGING for chrome housing surrounds.
Pistol grip!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:35 PM

i loved the simple round one in my old 97. to me it was perfect.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM

I just realized there were more high quality pictures in the autoblog gallery, and couldn't help but top notice that there was a considerable bit of orange peel showing in the paint on the red SS. Especially on the front and rear ends. It was shot pretty dry around the engine compartment area too (on the edges of the fenders under the hood). Its a real bite to keep that area clean if its shot dry like that with a sandpaper type finish. I hope they have that fixed by production time.
Additionally, it looks like the rough texture surface on the grill is gonna be a pain to keep clean. Everything else looks beautiful.
Not wanting to knitpick here....but the Challenger managed to come out of the factory with some beautiful paint (at least of the first run of SRT-8s that I saw). I was hoping the Camaro would come out as good. Lets hope other people have issues with it so that management will be aware of it and make adjustments at the paint stage accordingly.
IF this is a photographic problem then we're all set....but it does'nt seem to be.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jg95z28
You're both wrong.

I was saying that giving it a cockpit feel like every other GM product, wouldn't make it more "Camaro".
Okay, but would it make it less Camaro? The 4th gen had a single-cockpit design...
Old 01-15-2009, 07:26 PM

That red SS looks just like what I'll be getting except with the black stripes....absolutely amazing