2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part Two!!!! My NAIAS part two!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:52 PM

Part Two!!!! My NAIAS part two!

Part Two!!!! My NAIAS part two! if any one would like to publish any part of it please let me know!!!

Also see part one!!

Today's automotive industry may be tarnished by corporate big wigs and society's greed. You may often wonder are there any companies that genuinely care about the consumer? Well my recent experience at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) provided insight that at least one company, Chevrolet operates under the values in which it was founded.

The best place to start a story is usually the beginning. never would I have imagined I would be given an opportunity as the story I am about to tell. It honestly all started with Facebook and a Camaro. From the release of the 2006 Concept Camaro, I was lured and hooked. Eventually i purchased my own 2010 Camaro... and may have developed a slight obsession, the rest is history. I was and still am very pleased with my Camaro so one day I decided to write a letter thanking General Motors. I sent the letter to several people involved in the Camaro's production, some forums and Facebook friends. Some time later my "calling" came. Totally unexpected, I was contacted by Deb from GM Social Media. She went on to invite me to Detroit for some NAIAS press weekend event. I was skeptical and unsure of what it entitled.. but I said yes!

It turns out this invite on Facebook turned out to be the best trip of my life! I went to Detroit and experienced history first hand. Not only did I see the Volt win car of the year..I had dinner with the engineer. I met and interviewed some of GM's top executives. I gained a new perspective of the company. If there is a single most important thing to share about GM, its the quality of people. What i mean by this is that I discovered these people are just as passionate about their work as the consumers are who purchase the product.The employees love their jobs.. its not about profits or ratings, its about building a great car. As I sat to lunch with Vice Chairman of Global Production, Tom Stephens, these words were truly heart felt. He made it clear they are here to build a great car. What makes a great car? As he explained its not the most expensive or fastest, its the car that forms that unforgeable emotional experience.. memories. Suddenly his words became clear and true.. I myself have experienced this meaning of a great car.

I went on to meet with many other General Motor executives and some from the Camaro team. Altogether they were the most passionate people imaginable. These gentlemen don't go into work to work.. they go in every morning because its what they love. In fact, several of those I interviewed drive Camaros. To me that say something. Out of any vehicle they could have chosen they have found something special in that car. The Birth of the Camaro was not selected for production at all. It was brought to life by the passion of some workers who were eventually granted to secretly work on their project.

The final and most memorable part of the experience is actually a dream come true. From the talk of a concept there is one man who I have followed through the 5th generation evolution, Mr. Edward T. Welburn Jr. His work is nothing short of genius and inspirational. After all he created one of the most anticipated, popular, dynamic vehicles in decades.
In Detroit I met Mr. Welburn simply to say thank you in one phrase "Thank you for following your dreams and building mine". Not only did I see Mr. Welburn's work.. what we call the 2006 Camaro Concept. I was able to sit in it! A feat dreamed amongst many and accomplished by.. well.. no one that I know of. Let me tell you, yes! It really was that cool! If there is anything left to say about Mr. Welburn its thank you!

In this weekend eyes were opened, dreams were made and history was witnessed. I have gained a new perspective and respect for the automobile industry. Are there any car companies left that genuinely care about the consumer? I have an answer, Chevy really does run deep.

Christopher James Tribuzzo
Old 01-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Re: Part Two!!!! My NAIAS part two!

no one read this? i thought its a good read.. :-)
Old 01-18-2011, 05:11 AM
Administrator

Chris, did you listen to this weeks episode of our Podcast? We talked about you and your experience at the NAIAS in Detroit.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM

^ that's freaking awesome man. Good experience! That's part of what I like about the GM family.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Too Cool!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
Chris, did you listen to this weeks episode of our Podcast? We talked about you and your experience at the NAIAS in Detroit.
no i didnt thats great! thank you!!! i will have to!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Wow thank you sooo much! that was a sweetest pod cast ever! lol
thank you really...

while i listened to the podcast you really brought back the memories of me standing there

I hope everyone enjoys the story! Love you guys!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM

I got a Tweet from gmblogs.com yesterday about you - your famous!

As far as being the number one fan - I think you might have to settle for "Tied for 1st" with a lot of people on this site!

-Geoff
Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteHawk
I got a Tweet from gmblogs.com yesterday about you - your famous!

As far as being the number one fan - I think you might have to settle for "Tied for 1st" with a lot of people on this site!

-Geoff
haha thats funny.. the tweet thing.

i posted on my facebook we are all number one lol

dont 4 get to check out the video! thats my fav part lol