2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I think it is very safe to say we are looking at a V6 model.

Then I retract my earlier comment...I will take one just like this...with a V8 and M6!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Notice......no rear spoiler (read: base model)...trunk lid extends down between tailights for lower lift over....and I still haven't found the gas door?!?!
Would that also explain the smallish brakes?
Old 01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by blackrat
Would that also explain the smallish brakes?

Those are 20" wheels.....brakes may not be that small....
Old 01-03-2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
I think all the people that were chicken littles about the exterior can be quiet now...that pic clearly shows how strongly this car resembles the concept in almost every dimension.

Now, we just need to hope the finished interior also looks better than the spy pics!!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 PM

Had a few more minutes to stare at the pics:

Things of note:

The mirrors and door handles look GOOD! And they're body color... even on the base car?! GREAT!

STUPID STUPID STUPID ONSTAR antenna is still on the car... at least it's centered in the back and not all goofy and off center like the trucks.

I like the bigger/more realistic turn signals. They flow well with the car.

I'm not a sunroof fan (I won't be getting one) but I applaud GM for making it an option! (I hope it's optional )

Also, the rear pan thingy has been dropped down to be flush with the bottom of the car (the black thing.)

They've also added a "bump out" along the length of the bottom of the bumper (the painted part)

Last edited by Silverado C-10; 01-03-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 95birdible
Anyone else notice the elcamino looking vehicle on the hauler?
I believe it's a Holden Ute Maloo.

Originally Posted by Mich84
Haha...does anyone believe that for a second? It's fairly obvious it's all a pre-planned marketing campaign. Not to mention the car just looks terrible in camo and GM is getting all this negative feedback on the car.
Although the "testing" reason for taking off the cammo is obviously a bit contrived, the decision to remove the cammo isn't pre-planned. It's also unlikely it had anything to do with "negative feedback".

The mindset is 'everyone knows what the Camaro looks like already... why not keep intrest alive by removing the camo'.

Also....
the fact that Ford's running their 2010 Mustang around under heavy camo (latest pictures are of a GT) & the Dodge Challenger will be unveiled next month and go on sale in less than 90 days probally also had some influence.

Last edited by guionM; 01-03-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I'm looking at this pic of the white car next to a pic of the concept with a similar angle. The white car seems taller, but I don't see any part of the car that actually looks like it's been stretched to add that height, so for now I'm going to have to credit the tall look to the angle of the photo and/or the paint color.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM

The white paint zaps any pizzaz out of the car, but I guess what can you expect out of a preproduction mule. I really like the interior of the car, very nice. The guage pods are a bit odd, but the rest of the interior is really cool looking.

I like the Pirreli's on there...but I would definatly get them off.

Last edited by Big Als Z; 01-03-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Prominent Member

Greenhouse is about 1" taller and the distance from the rear wheel opening to the top of the rear 1/4 is slightly taller due to smaller (more realistic) wheel opening sizes.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
Had a few more minutes to stare at the pics:

Things of note:

The mirrors and door handles look GOOD! And they're body color... even on the base car?! GREAT!

STUPID STUPID STUPID ONSTAR antenna is still on the car... at least it's centered in the back and not all goofy and off center like the trucks.

I like the bigger/more realistic turn signals. They flow well with the car.

I'm not a sunroof fan (I won't be getting one) but I applaud GM for making it an option! (I hope it's optional )

Also, the rear pan thingy has been dropped down to be flush with the bottom of the car (the black thing.)

They've also added a "bump out" along the length of the bottom of the bumper (the painted part)

I would say that is not an onstar antenna and may be a antenna for the testing equipment.

As for the worries by some on the interior shots the interior is just mocked up and is nowhere near finished. There will be a lot of changes to it coming yet.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I would say that is not an onstar antenna and may be a antenna for the testing equipment.
I really hope you're right

I would just hate to see such a great/clean looking car have such a goofy looking thing on the roof
Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 PM

I would just hate to see such a great/clean looking car have such a goofy looking thing on the roof
Most cars with Satellite radio and/or Nav have a "shark fin" type antenna. Even my buddy's 2006 Audi S4 has one, except it's painted body color.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:44 PM

I hate to say this but these pictures really don't help most people keep interest. People at work thought the camaro is supposed to come out like right now as an '08.

Needless to say they were confused when I told them it was going to be a '10 model!! It will probably need a makeover by then. When did the concept pictures leak? Like over 2 years ago?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by toneloc12345
I hate to say this but these pictures really don't help most people keep interest. People at work thought the camaro is supposed to come out like right now as an '08.

Needless to say they were confused when I told them it was going to be a '10 model!! It will probably need a makeover by then. When did the concept pictures leak? Like over 2 years ago?
I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why the Chevy GM decided to release a un camo'd pic of the Camaro. I've never seen or heard of anything like this before especially from GM.

My opinion is that the leaked pic of the white car with front and rear camo was soo blurry and bad that some question of the exterior body staying inline with the concept was discussed. GM obviously felt that they needed to defend the car and to that this pic is certainly evidence for that cause.

As for the model year and when the car will be out. It takes time to develop completly new vehicles. That that's usually not noticed because the current model is out. For Camaro that didn't happen. For many cars when one model is brought out they begin work on the next. As a note car companies that deliver new cars in 36 months are a sign of a well organized machine and GM has done this on the Camaro.

Hindsight is 20/20 but maybe having the silver concept car out in 2006 would have been better in 2007. But who knows...

Read "All Corvette's are Red" to see how the C5 was developed and see what kind of things happen behind the scenes and you'll see that it's a wonder how cars developed and designed by committee ever make it to the showroom.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:20 PM

I don't understand the hate for the sat radio antennas. I'd much rather have that than a pole sticking up out of the quarterpanal.

Quick Reply: NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!