2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Camaro Convertible Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:25 PM

I cannot wait to see her up close now that the truck is paid off I can make double payments on the Suburban. I am still going to wait until the 2nd year but I will have a GMMG 5th Gen Convertible in my garage I am getting ready for a $700-$800 a month car payment
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by snooter
me likes.except for 1 problem...16 years ago (see i have not forgotten)..glen ellyn pontiac screwed me over on a new grand am (20% interest raping) and i have not been back on a gm lot since...
you're holding a grudge against all of GM because you were stupid enough to pay 20% interest on a grand am 16 years ago???? geeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz Never going back to the same dealer I could understand, but dude, I think it's time to move on.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:12 PM

me likes.except for 1 problem...16 years ago (see i have not forgotten)..glen ellyn pontiac screwed me over on a new grand am (20% interest raping) and i have not been back on a gm lot since...i may give gm another chance due to how open gm has been with the camaro...look at challenger or mustang and what do we get..nothing (challenger is already a quality nightmare) and the ford bastrads are arrogant to say the least..so due to the actions of scott and others i may give gm a second chance..the vert looks great and i hope some of what is happening with cadillac rubs off on the chevrolet division...
wow! was it the dealer or could it have been you had credit issues or no credit to support a better rate. No that could it be it! It's not like the banks make the rates, it's got to the dealer that does it.
Sound like someone doesn't take responsibilty for them selves.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
That was the first thing I noticed.

But I never expected it to look that good with the top up!
My GOD, what a thing of beauty!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by GSS9909
wow! was it the dealer or could it have been you had credit issues or no credit to support a better rate. No that could it be it! It's not like the banks make the rates, it's got to the dealer that does it.
Sound like someone doesn't take responsibilty for them selves.
get me once shame on you..get me twice shame on me....credit problems.NO...responsibility..thats funny.......vert looks great..bmwesque....ill give em a 2nd chance solely through the actions of scott and a new inproved GM...it all depends on how the dealers wish to make attempt to screw me over....far as i am concerned dealers are the lowest form of scum on the earth...
Old 06-13-2008, 10:34 PM

Me Likey!!!!!! WOW
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 PM

Is it safe to use this smiley yet...?

Name:  reallights.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  7.1 KB
Old 06-14-2008, 12:21 AM

Wow what a car. I was not really interessted in Vert's, but thats one sexy beast !
Old 06-14-2008, 01:11 AM

i think that is the first convertable i like with the top up... it just looks amazing either way... and i liked the fake headlights better than the concept, but i like these the best of all 3. Also i dont really se a spot for a bowtie like i have on some of the other mules running around, would there be a chance of having a bowtieless grill? that would take care of the color arguement...
Old 06-14-2008, 02:55 AM

Is it me or does the paint on this car look way better than all the other Camaros we've seen. Much glossier.
I like the subtle tweaks to the nose and the rear spoiler.

Is this a V-6 model, wih the more flush lower grille and smaller wheels?

I REALLY like this car. I think it's better than the coupe. And I also think it looks like a BMW, only better.

I'll take mine in Glacier Blue with white stripes and parchment interior.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Disciple

...I haven't read every reply to this thread, ...but indeed there are a some nice things in these two photos
Old 06-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Administrator

My decisions just keep getting more complicated. Coupe? Vert? Coupe? Vert? ahhhhh!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
My decisions just keep getting more complicated. Coupe? Vert? Coupe? Vert? ahhhhh!!
1 of each!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 AM

get me once shame on you..get me twice shame on me....credit problems.NO...responsibility..thats funny.......vert looks great..bmwesque....ill give em a 2nd chance solely through the actions of scott and a new inproved GM...it all depends on how the dealers wish to make attempt to screw me over....far as i am concerned dealers are the lowest form of scum on the earth...
Second chance? It's been 16 years, that's a long time and much has changed at GM. I think it's almost impossible to compare almost any vehicle to 16 years ago. Odds are even the best have gotten better as production tolerances and the abilty to tighten things up have improved. GM ranked very high in the last J.D. Power survey and the Canadian plant they are coming out of has been ranked tops for quality as well. As to the 20% rate issue, it does have to do with banks and not very much the dealer at all. In most states the dealer is capped at 1-2% above the buy rate. So, either you need to can be mad at yourself or the banks, but everyone slams the dealers and a lot of times it is not their fault, although there are some bad ones out there. Do your homework and find someone willing to give you a fair deal. "Getting screwed" has more to do with impatience and wanting the first one no matter what (i.e. Apple iPhone-see it's not just car dealers) than anything else. I am sure our fellow members can help with a good dealer in your area. In this day and age of the internet with pricing and forum feedback dealers are focusing more aware of the "word of mouth" ripples with regards to sales. Sorry for the rant everyone, but 9 times out of 10 I see "the dealers are bastards and they deserve nothing" in a thread. This usually comes from an event like above. 16 years ago? Get over it! Jesus!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 AM

I would like to share a word of advice from someone who is familiar with the car business:

Secure a voucher < pre-approved loan terms up to a certain money amount > and THEN shop for your vehicle. The dealer will likely try to put you with a financial outfit who will BEAT the finance rate you have in your hand. Request your first payment be a soon as possible as it does reduce the total finance charges. Know your auto loan beacon score. If you are in the 500's you WILL be getting drilled on interest rate, 600's are moderately better, 725 and up is the "GOLDEN" zone, and above 800 you can expect the absolute BEST rates possible.
IOW, buying a car you will finance is 2 transactions ... the car and then the money, as you are buying both. Nothing says you can't shop the money first. Most folks don't, so they can get drilled. Also, a voucher is a preapproved loan which you have to pay only when you buy the car. You can let the dealer beat YOUR best money deal, and often they will.
Hope my opinion helps in some way.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Camaro Convertible Revealed