Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 2010 - 2014 5th Generation Chevrolet Camaro Forums > 2010 - 2014 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS teased

Filed under: New York Auto Show, Coupe, Performance, Chevrolet, GM, Design/Style

Chevrolet has pulled the covers back ever so slightly on the 2014 Camaro SS, which is scheduled to debut at the upcoming New York Auto Show on Wednesday, March 27. As pointed out by GM in the brief press release below, this is the first meaningful update to the fifth-generation Camaro, minus all the more recent model variants, naturally.

We're not expecting a bevy of exterior modifications - regardless of what you think of its performance, the fact that it's been "the most popular sports car in America for three consecutive years" proves people like what they see - but we can spot a nip here and a tuck there (click on the image above to enlarge). For instance, there's chrome trim highlighting the fascia, and the grille has been restyled with a cleaner look. We're curious to see the rest of the car, especially what's just out of frame in this teaser, like the air intake seen on the current car.

We're also hoping for powertrain updates, including the addition of the LS7 engine, along with an improved interior. And finally, now would probably be a good time to remind you that we have seen some interesting views of what may be a refreshed Camaro already via the set of spy shots you see below. There aren't any guarantees that these spy shots are the finished product, or if it is something other than as SS - it definitely doesn't match the current car or the teaser above - but you're welcome to scroll on through regardless.Continue reading 2014 Chevy Camaro SS teased

2014 Chevy Camaro SS teased originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
NewsBot is an automated news poster! This post has been made automatically by searching various new sources and grabbing news bits by keyword and posting them here. If this post does not fit the forum you are reading it in, please feel free to click the report button so that it can be moved to the appropriate forum.
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to ChrisFrez Send a message via AIM to ChrisFrez Send a message via MSN to ChrisFrez Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisFrez Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisFrez
Re: NEWS: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS teased

I am very excited to be attending this event in person. I will also make sure that I will post up the link to the LIVE streaming unveil when that becomes available.

Stay tuned...
2012 Camaro ZL1 #181 | 2012 Chevy Volt
Listen to the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast| Get the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast App
Find me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter
ChrisFrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #3

Arenít those the same pics Autoblog was claiming to be a LS7 mule but it turned out to be testing an updated exhaust?

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
--Norman Schwartzkopf
posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm hoping for the LT1, not the LS7. Not that I don't like the LS7.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to ChrisFrez Send a message via AIM to ChrisFrez Send a message via MSN to ChrisFrez Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisFrez Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisFrez

LIVE Unveil - Wednesday, March 27

Chevrolet Performance Press Conference
Program begins at 12:45 p.m. ET
Duration of streaming: 30 mins.
To view, please visit: Live Unveiling of the 2014 Camaro | Chevy Camaro | Chevrolet - YouTube
2012 Camaro ZL1 #181 | 2012 Chevy Volt
Listen to the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast| Get the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast App
Find me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter
ChrisFrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to graham Send a message via Yahoo to graham

I wonder if the lower portion of the grill opening (between the turn signals) is about to shrink a little bit like the nose of the bumper that the Nascar Nationwide cars use in 2013. The stock cars have a step in the lower grill from turn signal to turn signal that the current 5th gen does not have and I have wondered about why the nose they chose to race was shaped like that.

But then again the stock type grill could have been an aerodynamic disadvantage and they modified the grill opening to make the Camaro nose more equal to the others.

It isn't 100% obvious but you can see if it you look for it on the stock car bumper. (granted that the bumper is the only thing resembling a Camaro in the LEAST!)

http://turner.cdn.racersites.com/pro...1422/PHOTO.jpg
Old 03-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #7

Looks like the new grille is thinner or more narrow that the current one. I like the Chrome accent and it looks like the mail slot is gone, that's great too.

I like the grille as it seems to be more refined than the current one.

I hope their is a LT1 behind it but rumors say it's not. LS7 would make up for it.
4th Gen veteran - 2002 White Z28 A4, 1999 Silver SS 6M #3956, 1997 Black Z28 A4
-Ryan
99SilverSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:40 AM

Reply Post New Thread