2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

My God... the most disturbing thing about this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by snooter
dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see..the economy is not all that bad...sure people who over extended themselves on house loans and such are paying for it right now...the creditors who lent them monies in the first place knowing they did not have the means need to just fail...sure trucks are hurting...but ive seen this before in 1973, 1979,1988 and 1992...if i remember the z28 was around during those times and those old enuff to remember know the 1973 and 1979 recessions were bad...very very bad...hell im still buying stocks and the like as these times make for fire sale prices....take the word from the guy who knows...mr scott....if GM dumps the camaro Z/28 it will be one of the dumbest things they have done...sure you will pay a premium for it and it will suck gas like a hooker peeling varnish off a table leg..GM only needs to move 5000 z/28's a year which is most likely what the market is for the car anyhow (compare to the gt500 which is about the same)...any more then that is just icing on the cake..if you want a Z/28 get one within the next few years...id bet unless things radically change you have no more then 5 years the Z/28 will be available....

ps..the glass is half full and not half empty...turn off cnn and forget the lies of the liberal media...unemployment is only 4.2%ish....back in the 70's that was considered full emplyment..wait till it hits 10% and up like in the 70's..then you tin hat guys can open your mouths..until then shut the hell up
You made my day. Thank You!!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
OTOH, I can see the sensitivity of bringing out a 4100 pound, 6.2 liter, supercharged, Camaro, in our current environment. It's kind of like lighting up a filterless Lucky Strike and reminiscing about your baby seal clubbing expedition, while ordering the veal, at the Audubon Society luncheon.
That sounds like an excellent evening, actually...
Old 07-13-2008, 07:14 PM

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see..the economy is not all that bad...sure people who over extended themselves on house loans and such are paying for it right now...the creditors who lent them monies in the first place knowing they did not have the means need to just fail...sure trucks are hurting...but ive seen this before in 1973, 1979,1988 and 1992...if i remember the z28 was around during those times and those old enuff to remember know the 1973 and 1979 recessions were bad...very very bad...hell im still buying stocks and the like as these times make for fire sale prices....take the word from the guy who knows...mr scott....if GM dumps the camaro Z/28 it will be one of the dumbest things they have done...sure you will pay a premium for it and it will suck gas like a hooker peeling varnish off a table leg..GM only needs to move 5000 z/28's a year which is most likely what the market is for the car anyhow (compare to the gt500 which is about the same)...any more then that is just icing on the cake..if you want a Z/28 get one within the next few years...id bet unless things radically change you have no more then 5 years the Z/28 will be available....

ps..the glass is half full and not half empty...turn off cnn and forget the lies of the liberal media...unemployment is only 4.2%ish....back in the 70's that was considered full emplyment..wait till it hits 10% and up like in the 70's..then you tin hat guys can open your mouths..until then shut the hell up
Amen. I like snooter
Old 07-13-2008, 09:00 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
Scott,
will there be info on the Z28 in the upcoming July 22nd dealers presentation?
Probably not -- it's a while out yet.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:00 PM

Wow....so really we should just keep our mouths shut until things are as bad or worse as they were before. No wonder they call you guys conservatives.

Last edited by 67 LS-1 & T-56; 07-13-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 AM

Z/28 I'd like to see

I wonder if Chevy would consider a Z/28 that went more the Z06 path instead of the ZR1 path.

In the same way that the LSA is cheaper to build than the LS9, I'd like to see an LS6.5 that had the displacement of the LS7, though with a few cost savings. If the bore needs to be dropped a bit for durability with lower costs, then make it a 396 or 409 instead of a 427.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by teal98
I wonder if Chevy would consider a Z/28 that went more the Z06 path instead of the ZR1 path.

In the same way that the LSA is cheaper to build than the LS9, I'd like to see an LS6.5 that had the displacement of the LS7, though with a few cost savings. If the bore needs to be dropped a bit for durability with lower costs, then make it a 396 or 409 instead of a 427.
I think that's why they went with the LSA. A big cube LSx is a big cube LSx, regardless if its 396, 409 or 427 cid. What made the LS7 expensive is the fact that they are hand built. The easiest way to get more hp at a cheap price is with forced induction and superchargers are a somewhat cheaper alternative to turbochargers at this point. (At least in the minds of GM.)

Your theoretical LS6.5 would probably cost almost as much as the LS7 when it came down to it. That would put the Z28 in Corvette territory in terms of the MSRP and we certainly wouldn't want that.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:14 PM

I think we should all drive 1.1 litre crap mobiles with seat covers made of hemp. Tail pipes that emit bubbles, and they have dirt covered roofs where we can grow trees. Then, maybe we could get the damn hippies off our *** so we can also buy a fun car.

Sorry, I had to park next to a Prius today at work, so I'm still ticked off. I see each one of them as the car that killed my 550hp blown Camaro.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
I see each one of them as the car that killed my 550hp blown Camaro.
A) It isn't dead.
B) I would think the $4.40+ for premium fuel is more of a culprit than any one car--or environmental philosophy for that matter.

Think about it, "going green" didn't become trendy until gas started creeping over $2/gallon (considered outrageous a few years ago ). I have always contended that the "Save our Planet" mantra has more to do with the price of oil than what it actually does to our surroundings.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Having met Jim before, he wouldn't have published the story if he didnt hear something from someone. He's not a headlines grabber. I'm sure with the fiscal situation GM is in, everything is being scrutinized and rescrutinized. Lutz will have a huge say, and that's not a bad thing.

Until we get confirmation, we'll have to leave it at that.
He's almost as big an idiot as Jeff Smith. Who's reward for screwing up Car Craft was the chance to ruin Hot Rod. Whoever thought Ford guy Campisano had any business running a Chevy mag shoud be whipped IMO.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:22 PM

I wouldn't doubt it if it were true. GM hasn't done much lately to bolster our confidence in them.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:18 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but everyone knows Unemployment numbers are useless....as a low percentage number doesn't prove anything but;
a) people are out of benefits and are off the grid, and still looking for employment.
b) employed; but maybe @ 1/2 original salary/benefits.

Replacement jobs for good manufacturing jobs lost are hard to come by, especially in Ohio, and it's getting worse....
Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 AM

I agree with 99% of that. But the Camaro won't be all that bad on gas for what it is. Like take my dad's 69 Vette, that gets around 13 MPG with the L46 350 (5.7L). Now compare that to the speculated 18/25 MPG of the Ls3 Camaro (6.2L), which is pretty awesome considering it's larger and more powerful than the sportscars of old.