2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

* NCM 2011 Camaro Raffle *

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:09 PM

Arrow * NCM 2011 Camaro Raffle *

2011 Black Camaro SS/RS Coupe Raffle
with 3-Day High Performance Driving School
Thursday, February 17 at 2p.m. CT.

Black Leather Interior
LS3 - 6.2L V8 Engine
6-Speed Manual Transmission
Hurst Short-Throw Shifter
Silver Stripe Package
Power Sunroof
20" Aluminum Polished Wheels
Boston Acoustic Premium Audio System
RS Exterior Package
OnStar Service
3-Day Bondurant High Performance Driving School

National Corvette Museum
Official Raffle Contest Rules

OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES: By participating, you agree that:

These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the National Corvette Museum. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by the National Corvette Museum.
The raffle drawing shall be held at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. All tickets must be received by the drawing date to be eligible for the drawing.
Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the Corvette.
Winner has 30 days to take delivery on the Corvette at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky, or forfeits all claims thereto.
Due to postal regulations, raffle ticket stubs cannot be returned by mail for purchases over the Internet, through the mail or by telephone. When an order is placed, we will complete the ticket by filling in the name, address, and phone number, and we will drop the ticket in the barrel at the National Corvette Museum. At the drawing, the winner will be contacted based on the name and information on the ticket. To pick up the vehicle, two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID will be required to prove that this person is the person on the winning ticket. Purchasers do not need their ticket stubs for any reason. However, the stubs will be kept on file at the NCM. Purchasers can call the NCM or email angela@corvettemuseum.com to check when the order was processed and obtain their ticket number if so desired. Tickets can be picked up at the NCM during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Winner notification will be made by telephone and mail.
Tickets are generally sold in numerical sequence. Various staff members taking orders may have batches of tickets, and in this case, tickets may be sold out of order. Requests for a specific ticket number are accommodated if possible, when ordered by phone.
Participant must be at least 18 years old. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of the National Corvette Museum.
Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, transfer fees, license duties, insurance and all expenses in claiming, registering and using the Corvette. This may include sales taxes and property taxes. The National Corvette Museum has no liability with regard to taxes and fees for the vehicle.
10. Vehicle will not be modified by the NCM to meet specific local, state or country requirements. Winner agrees to accept the vehicle as built for U.S. licensing and registration requirements. %u201CBuild Your Own%u201D vehicles will be built for use in the U.S. without special modifications required for other countries. Winner will be responsible for any modifications required for import to a country outside of the U.S. %u201CBuild Your Own%u201D vehicles will be ordered through the NCM's authorized dealer.
11. %u201CBuild Your Own%u201D raffle options are limited to regular standard options. Limited editions or limited availability unique vehicle options are not available for %u201CBuild Your Own%u201D raffle options. Excludes "Build Your Own Engine" option. NCM reserves the right to deny certain exclusive options.
Winner agrees to pay 25% federal income tax withholding (28% effective 1/1/11) to the National Corvette Museum prior to release of the Corvette or any other prize. National Corvette Museum will submit the taxes collected to the IRS. After the end of the year, the Museum will file a form W-2G with the IRS to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
13. All nonresident aliens are required by IRS regulations to pay 30% US income tax on the value of the prize unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty. This amount must be paid to the National Corvette Museum prior to release of the prize. After the end of the year, the National Corvette Museum will file a Form 1042 and 1042-S to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
In the event the Corvette is lost, damaged, destroyed, or otherwise not available, National Corvette Museum%u2019s liability shall be limited to refund of ticket price to participants. National Corvette Museum%u2019s liability for any other claim is limited to refund of ticket prices.
Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by National Corvette Museum, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
National Corvette Museum reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event its liability is limited to refund of ticket prices to participants. Model year and vehicle options advertised are based on availability.
17. Ticket sales to National Corvette Museum employees, board members and their immediate families are prohibited. Immediate family includes spouse, children, and children%u2019s spouse.
Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is guilty of a Class D felony.
THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED. Effective 1/15/10 Washington state residents are not eligible to purchase raffle tickets online or by phone.
All proceeds benefit the National Corvette Museum, a non-profit foundation: Kentucky Charitable Gaming License Number ORG0000854.

Buy tickets CLICK HERE

Last edited by CamaroScotty; 02-16-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 PM

Re: * NCM 2011 Camaro Raffle *

unlimited number of tickets sold....no thank you.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM

Location: I was born and raised and reside in Philadelphia, PA.

Cool, I'll try it, I have tried every other contest around to win one.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:51 AM

I usually try to buy a chance at their cars when they sell cheap tickets like this, but unfortunately im trying to save every last dollar right now
Old 02-17-2011, 12:39 PM

Could someone please explain rule 12 to me. Does it state that I would have to pay 28% of the value of the car for federal withholding tax or do I pay a tax on 28% of the value of the car? If its the former then you basically are winning the opportunity to buy a 2ss/rs for ~$10k. Are all raffles, lotteries, contests like this?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
Could someone please explain rule 12 to me. Does it state that I would have to pay 28% of the value of the car for federal withholding tax or do I pay a tax on 28% of the value of the car? If its the former then you basically are winning the opportunity to buy a 2ss/rs for ~$10k. Are all raffles, lotteries, contests like this?
I wondered about that as well.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:30 AM

idk, but im pretty sure it can be quite a bit in taxes. I remember a member here won a z06 and was selling it because he didnt want to pay all the taxes to get the car.