2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE MILFORD EXPERIENCE! - Disciple Video Interviews and MORE! Killer footage!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM

i...agree? with trickstang.

i almost feel like im watching my parents talk about the car.

im 21.

still, cool videos.

age doesnt really make a difference as far as what is being said, etc. but i know a lot of the "young carbuyers" would prefer to hear from people their own age.

no disrespect, but im not gonna lie. i found whatever jason had to say more interesting than say elie, or maggie.

Last edited by notsonic; 07-29-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
What, would you assault me?
I'm just messing with ya.. ya whippersnapper..

Originally Posted by JasonD
He'd hit you with his cane and then drive over you in his new Camaro
no no no... just the cane part. I'd run him over with my walker.

and I'm mid 40s... ya otha whiipersnapper.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by notsonic
i...agree? with trickstang.

i almost feel like im watching my parents talk about the car.

im 21..
oh man, youre killing me. I only have grey hair from all the weight debates. My kids are 6 and 5. Pull the stake out of my heart please. Dont let Jason drag the rest of us down.

21.... so you were 14-15 when FCar produciton ended huh. Yeah, you are young...
Old 07-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Awesome vids , they did make me quite a bit more anxious to get my own . Next fall is gonna seem like eternity
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM

regarding paint, was there any mention of anything unique, such as a different texture?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 PM

Im 24...and I didnt get that feeling at all?
Maybe you kids should go play in the sandbox for a bit more while the grown ups enjoy the big boy and girl toys.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by number77
regarding paint, was there any mention of anything unique, such as a different texture?
Number, if you drop yours off at my house, I can have my neigbor give you stucko siding, or if you want to really go nuts, he can give it that antique look.

Texture? Are you on drugs? Smooth, glossy, like glass...thats it.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Prominent Member

I'm still waiting for the things that made production that you didn't like......
Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Im 22 and I also feel this way about what the disciples had to say about the new Camaro. The relating back to the 1st gen. constantly and the storys of older Camaros was cool, but what about US guys/gals with a younger mind and newer iron like a 4th gen. Mustang and a 4th Gen. Camaro or Bird. Not sure who mentioned it, but one of the videos someone mentions i've never heard a V-6 sound this good. This is the part thats missing, people my age 18-24 who are car guys have heard a ton of great sounding v-6's. I'm a Domestic fan at heart, but cars such as the Nissan 350Z, G35/G37 coupe, The older Z's, Dodge steath and Mitsubishi 3000 GT have some awesome exhaust notes.
I appreciate the opinions of the 5th Gen. Disciples and Love the 5th. Gen.
However we need a new group for the 6th Gen. when ever it gets started eventually and oh I'm available.
Thank You Scott, Disciples and the Camaro team.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008
Im 22 and I also feel this way about what the disciples had to say about the new Camaro. The relating back to the 1st gen. constantly and the storys of older Camaros was cool, but what about US guys/gals with a younger mind and newer iron like a 4th gen. Mustang and a 4th Gen. Camaro or Bird. Not sure who mentioned it, but one of the videos someone mentions i've never heard a V-6 sound this good. This is the part thats missing, people my age 18-24 who are car guys have heard a ton of great sounding v-6's. I'm a Domestic fan at heart, but cars such as the Nissan 350Z, G35/G37 coupe, The older Z's, Dodge steath and Mitsubishi 3000 GT have some awesome exhaust notes.
I appreciate the opinions of the 5th Gen. Disciples and Love the 5th. Gen.
However we need a new group for the 6th Gen. when ever it gets started eventually and oh I'm available.
Thank You Scott, Disciples and the Camaro team.
My stepson is your age and he hates my 4th gen Z28. Absolutely will not drive it even when I tell him its ok. On the otherhand, he loves our 1st gens and the blue & white SS/Z28 clone is essentially his car. (He gets it for a college graduation present if and when he finishes his Bachelor degree.) He also digs the new Camaro and I'm sure will want to drive it when I get mine. He's also into imports, except he only likes German imports. His current ride is a '07 Audi A4 and before that he drove a '02 BMW M3 (before that the '67 Camaro, before that a supercharged '96 Mustang GT... yes... he is spoiled. )

As for me, I'm in my mid-40s and have been a Camaro fan for the last 30-years. So you must excuse me when I tend to listen to fans closer to my own age when it comes to commenting on the new Camaro and take less stock in comments from fans who are my kids' age.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
I'm still waiting for the things that made production that you didn't like......
Its a short list for me....
  • No memory seats.
  • I was 50/50 on the Nav. Strong arguements both ways.
  • The rear trunk hatch does not go down to the bumper. Trunk is decent sized, but its a high liftover.
  • I leaned towards no nose slot for SSs.

Jason posted his comments in his blog
Old 07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by notsonic
i found whatever jason had to say more interesting than say elie, or maggie.
That might be true, but your (or mine, or anyone's) demographic is not the only one that Chevy has to appeal to. A wide range is being shot at, from the 16 year old noobs () all the way up to the older folks whose first car was a brand new '69 Camaro.

Originally Posted by ChrisL
oh man, youre killing me. I only have grey hair from all the weight debates. My kids are 6 and 5. Pull the stake out of my heart please. Dont let Jason drag the rest of us down.
Okay, okay...just playing. After this next remark I will stop poking at my buddy ChrisL here...

...and that remark is ...my son is twice the age of his oldest, and I am not even very old at all.

Anyway...back on topic...
Old 07-29-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
...and that remark is ...my son is twice the age of his oldest, and I am not even very old at all.
My oldest is twice the age of your oldest and I'm younger than Chris.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
Number, if you drop yours off at my house, I can have my neigbor give you stucko siding, or if you want to really go nuts, he can give it that antique look.

Texture? Are you on drugs? Smooth, glossy, like glass...thats it.
GM's color lab has been doing some very interesting things, you'd be surprised how a minor change can effect the lighting/shadows and how the car looks/stands.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Administrator

I think the videos turned out awesome! GM did an excellent job with interviews, reactions, and lots of cool shots. These types of "real world" reactions will only magnify the importance of Camaro. They picked a GREAT group of folks to partake in this adventure.

Awesome job!!!

Quick Reply: THE MILFORD EXPERIENCE! - Disciple Video Interviews and MORE! Killer footage!