2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you like the Camaro Concept
No, I dont like it.
11.33%
Yes, I like it.
88.67%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Like It or Dont Like It: Vote Now

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 02:35 AM

Re: Like It or Dont Like It: Vote Now

Originally Posted by Bad AZz Z28
I was 40/60 when I saw the red, and about 90/10 for it once I saw the silver
You stole the words out of my mouth.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:50 AM

The silver ones hot. I love that back window better than the origional. Its more of a fast back now. Body color functional shark gills better than origional. IRS is sweet. longer wheel base shorter overal length. LS2 6spd Tremec. Sweet! Im not sure what to make of the tail lights but Im thinking they might grow on me. The grille needs to be darker and tops of front fenders bulged a little but I like it alot. What do you think of the grill now being ribs instead of mesh though? I dont know. but Im definately in the like it category. If finances permit...
Old 01-09-2006, 02:59 AM

My car.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:03 AM

Sorry, it just doesn't look like a camaro. Looks more like a cadillac with attitude.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:04 AM

That car is Pure Sex. The Silver picture just captures the raw essence of what makes you want to buy a car.

And to the Anti-Retro guys: 90% of the people in this poll think you're wrong. Chew on that for a while before you bash the car again.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:58 AM

I'll be getting one. Black with black wheels and tinted windows... and EIGHT cylinders this time!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:27 AM

The thing I like most about the concept... it's got a look of "NO FEAR" about it. It'll swallow, chew up and spit out the other challengers if GM get serious with powertrains.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC
I absolutely love it.

The front end of this car says three things:

1) I'm pissed off
2) I know something you don't know
3) I'm gonna get you.

This car blows me away.
Dude, I love that scren shot. Can you post it without the icons etc... I want it for my wallpaper! Thanks.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:25 AM

I like it mucho. As others have said this car has attitude but I think it has it without being over the top like the ws6 cars were. To me, it makes the 4th gen Camaro (especially the ls1 years) look pedestrian in comparison. I think overall, they pretty much nailed what the Camaro should "is" in the same way that the new Mustang is undeniably a Mustang.

Things off the top of my head that I really like:

I think the car got the clean break from the 3rd/4th gen formula that it really needed. The whole thing just lost steam in the market after 96. Perhaps a little too much heritage in the style, but it still looks modern with some nice fender curves and creases thrown in to show off that timeless cokebottle shape. The car screams two things - CAMARO and aggression. I see some Caddy Art & Science in there, not too much, but a hint and that's cool.

Short overhangs on a longer wheelbase.

rear 3/4 window - I'm curious to see if the production car will be a true hardtop or if it will have a B-pillar... if it's a hardtop I think we can kiss T-Tops goodbye.

Things I'm bothered by and these are pretty minor:

The "Ram Air" opening above the grill doesn't look bad, but doesn't look great either. I'm not sure how it meshes with the cowl induction style hood. Maybe it should be full blown scoop - I dunno.

The guage layout is too 60's like - I can see the car being slammed by mags for such ergonomics.

The gills in front of the rear wheels aren't really necessary are they? - unless they're at least somewhat functional.

I'm not totally sold on the rear end. The spoiler is understated and nice, the afterburner glow to the taillamps is cool, just not sure of the shape. But it wouldn't keep me from buying.

Last edited by SharpShooter_SS; 01-09-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by SharpShooter_SS
I like it mucho. As others have said this car has attitude but I think it has it without being over the top like the ws6 cars were. To me, it makes the 4th gen Camaro (especially the ls1 years) look pedestrian in comparison. I think overall, they pretty much nailed what the Camaro should "is" in the same way that the new Mustang is undeniably a Mustang.

Things off the top of my head that I really like:

I think the car got the clean break from the 3rd/4th gen formula that it really needed. The whole thing just lost steam in the market after 96. Perhaps a little too much heritage in the style, but it still looks modern with some nice fender curves and creases thrown in to show off that timeless cokebottle shape. The car screams two things - CAMARO and aggression. I see some Caddy Art & Science in there, not too much, but a hint and that's cool.

Short overhangs on a longer wheelbase.

rear 3/4 window - I'm curious to see if the production car will be a true hardtop or if it will have a B-pillar... if it's a hardtop I think we can kiss T-Tops goodbye.

Things I'm bothered by and these are pretty minor:

The "Ram Air" opening above the grill doesn't look bad, but doesn't look great either. I'm not sure how it meshes with the cowl induction style hood. Maybe it should be full blown scoop - I dunno.

The guage layout is too 60's like - I can see the car being slammed by mags for such ergonomics.

The gills in front of the rear wheels aren't really necessary are they? - unless they're at least somewhat functional.

I'm not totally sold on the rear end. The spoiler is understated and nice, the afterburner glow to the taillamps is cool, just not sure of the shape. But it wouldn't keep me from buying.
The gills werent functional the first time around. They look like they might be here. I hope so because they look cool as hell! It sets the car apart. I like the cowl above anything else, Id rather loose the ram air then the look of the full cowl. I think the Vette scoop looks ok in front of it though. I hope the Grille Cowl, Shark gills rear roof line and window lines make the cut come production line. I like the 3rd gen rake of the front grille too I didnt expect that.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by SNEAKY NEIL
Yeah, that's what I was saying. No shock, no wow, just "yeah, that's what a '69 update looks like". Very underwhelming.
Well, I've chewed on it (Ryan's LT1):

That's pretty much my opinion. Nothing really new here.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:29 PM

Looks like the Batmobile
Old 01-09-2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
My car.
I'll see you at the track in '09!