2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KrisH chop revisited

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:28 AM

KrisH chop revisited

I really like your grille treatment. Everyone has an opinion about what they want and so do I. Hope you dont mind if I used your chop to make MY Camaro. I pulled the front corner of the fenders forward and in a bit. Pulled the "point" of the nose in a bit. Overall this lessened the "smile" effect. I raised the cowl a little. And I took the "Corvette corner" off of the rear quarter and slapped on a fliptail spoiler. Again, just my preferences but thats my input. Chevy is so close on this and by the time it comes out I KNOW it will be a freakin' awesome car.

BUILD IT NOW!!!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 AM

Re: KrisH chop revisited

Please don't!

I think Kris does great work, but that photochop sucks as it makes the Camaro concept look more retro than it actually is.

If you want a '69 Camaro, go ahead and freaking buy one. But don't screw up a beautiful concept with dated suggestions. The Camaro concept is truely a modern looking vehicle and the pictures don't do it justice. (And I'm saying this without seeing it in person myself.)

Old 01-11-2006, 11:37 AM

I believe I made it clear that this was just MY fantasy Camaro. I am quite sure GM isn't going to change a THING because of me. Yes, I DO like the look of classic Camaros but, I like 4th gen and the new one as well.
LIGHTEN UP! and have a nice day.

Texcamaro
Old 01-11-2006, 11:43 AM

That chop looks pretty good IMO. Much smoother on the front end. Only thing I really don't like it how high the spoiler goes up. Doesn't need that much IMO.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 AM

Don't get me wrong. I love 1st gen Camaros. (I have two.) But I think that trying to completely associate the Camaro concept with 68-69 styling doesn't say anything for the other styling influences on the car. (Like the C6 and XLR.) It makes the car less than what it is IMO.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:49 AM

I think that would make for a nice dealer installed option. I like it, but I like it OG better.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:02 PM

JG...etc,
I am sure I am not alone in HATING the "Science and Technology" influence in GM styling lately. (have you seen the robocop concepts from GM the last few years?) I guess some people may want their car to look like a robot but I prefer a car that looks like an ANIMAL. Muscular curves and bulges not machined angles and planes. Why does this Camaro need to have Cadillac and Corvette influences intead of CAMARO influences? The CTS is cool in its own way, but why integrate it into the Camaro? I am not being a smarta$$. I really don't understand wanting to make a Cadillac/Camaro crossbreed. And the last thing GM needs to do is make it look like a Vette at all. The Vette is great in its own right and doesn't look like any other car. A Camaro should remind you of nothing else but a CAMARO.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by texcamaro
I really like your grille treatment. Everyone has an opinion about what they want and so do I. Hope you dont mind if I used your chop to make MY Camaro. I pulled the front corner of the fenders forward and in a bit. Pulled the "point" of the nose in a bit. Overall this lessened the "smile" effect. I raised the cowl a little. And I took the "Corvette corner" off of the rear quarter and slapped on a fliptail spoiler. Again, just my preferences but thats my input. Chevy is so close on this and by the time it comes out I KNOW it will be a freakin' awesome car.

BUILD IT NOW!!!!!

Good job, I like it a lot. Some people just have a hardon against anything thats deemed retro. Some people have a vested intrest in keeping thier 1st gens value up also. An objective person would just find that pic beautiful.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by falchulk
Some people have a vested intrest in keeping thier 1st gens value up also.
I'm never selling one of my 1st gens so I could care less. Besides I wouldn't mind seeing the price of 1st gens drop so they were more affordable. But I don't see that happening now. I actually think the new Camaro concept will help raise their values.

I just want to see a more modern car and not just another classic Camaro with a modern drivetrain.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:29 PM

I am going to try again. WHAT DO YOU WANT!! Have a concept yourself. Do you want a jellybean Honda look - A Cadillac clone - baby Corvette - hardcut robo look. I am serious. Don't just complain have an idea of your own. Maybe we all will like it.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Please don't!

I think Kris does great work, but that photochop sucks as it makes the Camaro concept look more retro than it actually is.

If you want a '69 Camaro, go ahead and freaking buy one. But don't screw up a beautiful concept with dated suggestions. The Camaro concept is truely a modern looking vehicle and the pictures don't do it justice. (And I'm saying this without seeing it in person myself.)

I disagree. I like the car, but the grill and headlights are the biggest two issues I have with it.

I don't like the truck grill... And I either want to see a better effort made to black it out or become less conspicuous. OR something done to make it look more attractive, which is what Kris has done very well.

And the headlights on the concept don't do anything to say they're of Camaro lineage.

Of course even if those two things go on without being addressed by GM, I'll still buy one. I still love the car.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:25 PM

Well put. Hear Hear. Useful comment, that.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:34 PM

That grill is much better and the hockey stripe is done right, Im sure the aftermarket can get us there if GM doesnt. But I wont be taking that SS emblem with it