2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

An Indy Thank You -- and more....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:06 AM

God bless you SS....

And by SS I mean Scott Settlemire, not super sport!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Scott-
Good words my friend!
I look forward to meeting you for drinks again when you are down for the Houston Auto Show in a few months.
+1 - I'll be there.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM

Scott, thank you so much for helping us keep the faith. It was because of you we always had hope. I know that when production stopped, I thought the Camaro was gone forever. I had all but lost hope, and then you stepped in and restored that faith. I remember reading every single one of your posts over the last six years and analyzing them, trying to pull whatever tidbits of information out of them I could. I've never met you in person, but have talked with you a few times through the website and I have nothing but good things to say! I really hope that I can meet you in person someday and thank you for helping keep my faith alive!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:48 PM

It seems like it has been an eternity since those first few rumors of a possible 5th Gen Show car were leaked, and then when the first few images were leaked of the clay model and those CAD drawings of the front suspension and underhood system.

Now I am starting a (hopefully successful) new career on monday and will be getting a bonus in a few months that will act as a deposit on my new 2010 Camaro. As a long time Ford Mustang guy (who has owned 6), that old horse will always have a place in my heart. But the new Chevy has won me over, with quality, dependability, good mileage and good prices. My last 2 out of three cars were Chevy's and I wish it were 3 out of 3. My request was for a Camaro that would compete with the BMW 3, and from everything I have seen, I was heard. Would I have considered a 330i if I could afford one? Very much so, that is until I saw the latest pics of the Camaro in production trim.

Now I need to start contemplating what engine and what color. That is all I care about right now. The interior can be cloth and the trans manual, maybe a set of wheels but no other options for me, just 2 doors, over 300 hp, a stick, three pedals and a bowtie.

Thanks to Scott and the Camaro team.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GETGONE
I believe you are the ballast that fired that halo ringed HID light of the new Camaro.
This is the best metaphor I have ever read, hands down.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 PM

Scott:
So glad I could finally make one of these again, and great to see you again.

Simply want to say thanks for all you've done for, and thanks for all you mean to this F-Body community.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
I didn't go because it wasn't clear what would be there. I would have been disappointed when I found out I couldn't sit in the silver SS. Speaking of the silver SS, was there a body in the trunk? I didn't see any open trunk pics of the silver SS.

I will DEFINITELY be going to the Chicago Auto Show in February. It sounds like a lot of people are having trouble deciding on a color so it would be great if you guys had a Camaro on display in every color available. After all you've been thru developing this car the auto show is no time to be cheap. I consider it the main event for checking out new cars without salespeople breathing down my neck.

(subliminal message....imperial blue metallic SS...black interior...carbon trim kit...halogen lights...auto trans...sexy show girls)
Kudos...me too. And we definately need some clarification on the various stripe packages. And we need to see what they will look like on the actual car.