2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I might be crazy, but....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 PM

Question I might be crazy, but....

I don't know if anybody has seen the 2008 Pontiac G8 but could that be a variant of the new Camaro? It was designed in Australia, has the 6.0 V8, RWD, etc. Seems like it has all the early characteristics of the camaro.
Could this be the beginning?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM

MuscleCarBoy:

As a reformed newbie hater, I have come to realize that we should be celebrating the Camaro's return by welcoming people into the fold who haven't been as rabid about the 5th gen as we have for the past 5 years. That being said, there is plenty of info on the G8 to be had on this site which can be found by utilizing the search function. You'll find info about the G8's ties to the 5th gen, its Australian origins and just about anything else you need. Welcome aboard!

Last edited by 67 LS-1 & T-56; 03-22-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by 67 LS-1 & T-56
MuscleCarBoy:

As a reformed newbie hater, I have come to realize that we should be celebrating the Camaro's return by welcoming people into the fold who haven't been as rabid about the 5th gen as we have on this site for the past 5 years. That being said, there is plenty of info on the G8 to be had on this site which can be found by utilizing the search function. You'll find info about the G8's ties to the 5th gen, its Australian origins and just about anything else you need. Welcome aboard!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 AM

Wait...whats a 5th gen? Is this site about the next gen DSM? Oh man, bring back crank-walking turbo motors!! YESSSSSSS!!
So will this new Camero get the LT1 or LT4?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:31 AM

I suppose you could call the G8 the begining of good things to come from GM in the V8 RWD dept.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
Wait...whats a 5th gen? Is this site about the next gen DSM? Oh man, bring back crank-walking turbo motors!! YESSSSSSS!!
So will this new Camero get the LT1 or LT4?
Whoa.... people around here get way too thrown out of whack when new members come around asking questions like this. Is it really so hard to refrain from posting statements like these? I mean, do you know what kind of person you come off sounding like, not to mention the bad reputation the site develops?

In the thread starter's defense, this site is not the most logical place to come for G8 news and information, and the similarities may not be nearly as obvious to some people as it is to us.

Sometimes I am amazed that this site is able to attract any new members given the way the majority of them are treated at the beginning. It is like we feel we have to give them a CZ28 initiation or something...

Ok, rant over......
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 AM

[RANT ON] Why the heck was my posted deleted? It wasn't condescending in anyway. Its one thing to welcome newbies into the fold, and its another to let them toot their own horn like they are bring something new to the table when it reality its something that's been discussed at length for some time. IMHO the proper etiquette before posting for the first time is to read and observe for a while until you understand the social dynamics of the forum. Apparently manners are something that has been lost on this generation. [/RANT OFF]
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
[RANT ON] Why the heck was my posted deleted? It wasn't condescending in anyway. Its one thing to welcome newbies into the fold, and its another to let them toot their own horn like they are bring something new to the table when it reality its something that's been discussed at length for some time. IMHO the proper etiquette before posting for the first time is to read and observe for a while until you understand the social dynamics of the forum. Apparently manners are something that has been lost on this generation. [/RANT OFF]
I am not saying that we should let him "toot his own horn" or pretend that what he posted was new information... I think you missed my point. I was suggesting that if we want to welcome new members to this site and KEEP them here that we probably shouldn't denigrate them when they post questions like this one.

Look at the second post by 67 LS-1 & T-56. His reply was tactful and appropriate. Would it have been that difficult to have left it at that instead of going on with the sarcastic comments like always?

"IMHO the proper etiquette before posting for the first time is to read and observe for a while until you understand the social dynamics of the forum. Apparently manners are something that has been lost on this generation."

Etiquette? Most individuals have not been around forums for quite as long as you have to realize that there is a proper etiquette. But I do haveto agree that manners are something that has been lost as it seems that around here it is more and more common place to harrass and flame new members for trying to contribute...
Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Casull
I am not saying that we should let him "toot his own horn" or pretend that what he posted was new information... I think you missed my point. I was suggesting that if we want to welcome new members to this site and KEEP them here that we probably shouldn't denigrate them when they post questions like this one.

Look at the second post by 67 LS-1 & T-56. His reply was tactful and appropriate. Would it have been that difficult to have left it at that instead of going on with the sarcastic comments like always?

"IMHO the proper etiquette before posting for the first time is to read and observe for a while until you understand the social dynamics of the forum. Apparently manners are something that has been lost on this generation."

Etiquette? Most individuals have not been around forums for quite as long as you have to realize that there is a proper etiquette. But I do haveto agree that manners are something that has been lost as it seems that around here it is more and more common place to harrass and flame new members for trying to contribute...
Casull, my rant was not directed at you.
Why the heck was my posted deleted?
Unless you are the one that deleted my post.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM

Casull, my rant was not directed at you.

Unless you are the one that deleted my post.
gotcha.... I was mistaken, sorry.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Casull
Whoa.... people around here get way too thrown out of whack when new members come around asking questions like this. Is it really so hard to refrain from posting statements like these? I mean, do you know what kind of person you come off sounding like, not to mention the bad reputation the site develops?

In the thread starter's defense, this site is not the most logical place to come for G8 news and information, and the similarities may not be nearly as obvious to some people as it is to us.

Sometimes I am amazed that this site is able to attract any new members given the way the majority of them are treated at the beginning. It is like we feel we have to give them a CZ28 initiation or something...

Ok, rant over......
I do know what kind of person I come off of as, and there is a REASON why I came off that way. This site does attract new members because overall, its a good site. It has nothing to do with this section of this site. This section draws the same people that came in with the Kris Horton pictures, claiming that this was told to them from a friend of an uncle that works for a guy that helps on the weekends clean out the GM design studio. This section of the site does have a lot of good info, but you have to sift through the mess like this thread. There are stickies, there are a hundred other threads that will give the first timer member PLENTY of heads up on what is going on. Its the Kris Horton/Firebird threads that just boggle the mind.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:15 AM

We have some grumpy people in here... what's next? Telling people to use the search function because there are already 3000 topics about billet grills on 4th gens?

The G8 looks killer, I'm actually considering one. I believe it's built on the Zeta chassis just like the Camaro. The V8 in it is nice (362 hp I think?) but I'd go for the V6 for a daily driver. 280 hp I think?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM

252hp and 5spd auto for the V6 G8.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
I do know what kind of person I come off of as, and there is a REASON why I came off that way. This site does attract new members because overall, its a good site. It has nothing to do with this section of this site. This section draws the same people that came in with the Kris Horton pictures, claiming that this was told to them from a friend of an uncle that works for a guy that helps on the weekends clean out the GM design studio. This section of the site does have a lot of good info, but you have to sift through the mess like this thread. There are stickies, there are a hundred other threads that will give the first timer member PLENTY of heads up on what is going on. Its the Kris Horton/Firebird threads that just boggle the mind.
Ahhh the Horton pictures...

Yes this is a good site and should accomodate new members, then again if every n00b is allowed to have their own LS1 vs. LT1 thread this will rapidly cease to be a good site wont it?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:30 AM

Bingo. Keep the n3wbs in line, its just the internets.
Grow some thick e-Skin.
Anyway, back to rumors of a Carb'ed 454 and 12 bolt? Will it make production? How about teh ZZ572? Yes?

Quick Reply: I might be crazy, but....