2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

How many camaros can gm build in a day and how long before they ship to dealers

Old 07-26-2008, 08:39 PM

How many camaros can gm build in a day and how long before they ship to dealers

I was just wondering, how many camaros will be made a day come production in Feb. and how soon after build are they sent out to dealers.
Since production doesn't start till Feb 16th or so does that mean i will have to wait till april to get one?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:44 PM

Actually...that works for me. Mine won't be paid off until April.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:46 PM

my lease ends feb 3rd. not so good for me. lol
Old 07-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by GSS9909
I was just wondering, how many camaros will be made a day come production in Feb. and how soon after build are they sent out to dealers.
Since production doesn't start till Feb 16th or so does that mean i will have to wait till april to get one?
im thinkin month - month and a half and they'll start trickling in. probably mostly v6's at first.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:03 PM

I think Scott said the plan was to produce a high percentage of V8 cars early in production, because they assume that the people who are gonna buy first are mostly enthusiasts and the majority of them will want the V8.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

they are anticipating initial orders to be more V8s... but that's why they'll take orders in the Fall for a Feb "job one" and hopefully forecast optioning so they can avoid constraint issues.

Oshawa is a new line, so they wont start builds at full capacity. They'll ramp up to it to ensure the quality levels stay consistent.

Last edited by ChrisL; 07-27-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
they are anticipating initial orders to be more V8t... but that's whey they'll take orders in the Fall for a Feb "job one" and hopefully forecast optioning so they can avoid constraint issues.
This is what I was hoping for.. that is awesome. On a side note, I spoke to the dealer that I put my deposit down with, and he informed me that dealers got some information indicating that pricing information could be released as early as a month from now. The dealership is run by a family friend, but I don't know how accurate this might be since I spoke to my sales rep..
Old 07-27-2008, 11:09 AM
b4z

If they could wait until they had about 6-10,000 cars on the storage lots then let each dealer have 1-2 cars within a couple of days of each other that would probably stop a lot of the markups.

But that will never happen.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Disciple

The hope is to have at least one Camaro for every dealership within the first three months.

We were at a car show yesterday and there was a new Challenger there with a sticker price of 42k and a final price of $65k after additional dealermark up.

I have a friend whos family owns a Chevrolet dealership and their profit on vehicles have be reduced so much (so vehicles the dealer make only 700.00 profit). So when a hot vehicle like the Camaro hits the showroom, I am told "hell yes we are going to mark it up". Sad, but that is the reality. That added mark up will make the car financially out of reach for many consumers. Plus do you want to be grossly upside down before you drive off the lot in your dream car?
Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 72zmaggie98z
The hope is to have at least one Camaro for every dealership within the first three months.

We were at a car show yesterday and there was a new Challenger there with a sticker price of 42k and a final price of $65k after additional dealermark up.

I have a friend whos family owns a Chevrolet dealership and their profit on vehicles have be reduced so much (so vehicles the dealer make only 700.00 profit). So when a hot vehicle like the Camaro hits the showroom, I am told "hell yes we are going to mark it up". Sad, but that is the reality. That added mark up will make the car financially out of reach for many consumers. Plus do you want to be grossly upside down before you drive off the lot in your dream car?
Never pay mark-up
Old 07-27-2008, 08:08 PM

when would we be looking at the majority of dealer mark ups to stop. can i reasonably expect to buy one next summer without a mark up??
Old 07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by blackbirdta
when would we be looking at the majority of dealer mark ups to stop. can i reasonably expect to buy one next summer without a mark up??
do your legwork. if a dealer wants over MSRP, then walk away and fins another.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'm assuming GM will keep the first one or two cars, but after that, the rest should be shipped directly to dealers. It will take a while to catch up with demand (hopefully, a really long while ), so it'll be difficult to find a car you can test-drive at first.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
do your legwork. if a dealer wants over MSRP, then walk away and fins another.

do you think there will be plenty of dealers that won't be trying to mark them up? I have a feeling i'm in an area with a lot of greedy sob dealers
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 AM

greedy SOB dealers? how bout greedy SOB enthusiasts? if everybody wasnt in a rush to buy the car, then it would sell at more reasonable prices. Dont blame the dealers for selling the cars at prices people are willing to pay for. Eventually, you might find one at the price you think the car is worth to you, but who knows how many months thatll take.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many camaros can gm build in a day and how long before they ship to dealers