2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's INVOICE PRICING for Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 PM

Thumbs up Here's INVOICE PRICING for Camaro. SS is under $30k

from CamaroSSforme at camaro5

pricing http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8136

Invoice prices (not including destination charges)

LS - $21,021.53
1LT - $22,566.60
2LT - $25,118.10
1SS - $28,581.53
2SS - $31,591.37

RS invoice on the 2SS is $996
Red Jewel Tintcoat invoice - $296
B7W stripes is $327

Last edited by CameronHas111; 10-13-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM

Wonder how long before we can get the dealers down to $500 over invoice that's my target.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by CameronHas111
Wonder how long before we can get the dealers down to $500 over invoice that's my target.
Great question. I am hoping fairly soon because if I have to pay MSRP to get one I will just by a base Corvette.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
Great question. I am hoping fairly soon because if I have to pay MSRP to get one I will just by a base Corvette.
Mine will be for sale by then, and it's a 3LT!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
Me too but Ive read plenty of price gouging dealer threads already. So the inflated over msrp pricing will probably go on for awhile
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by CameronHas111
With people like you, many dealers will go bankrupt...

Why can't the dealer earn its fair share as dictated by GM? probably they have a lot more surcharge than $500 over invoice... Get a grip.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:30 PM

You know, the invoice price is what I was expecting to the actual price range. I would be dancing right now if these were the MSRP
Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 AM

Economics 101

Originally Posted by The Highlander
With people like you, many dealers will go bankrupt...
I agree as well. I doubt there is a single person on here that has ever sold a personal car that has not inflated the price to allow negotiating room to ensure the car was sold at what was needed or what it was worth. Dealers need to make a living too. If the demand supports the excessive mark up then the economy will dictate that and they will make money, if not, they will sit on the lot and eventually the prices will come down to realistic levels. GM makes the money off the dealer orders, not you and I, except for the direct orders we make through the dealer. GM does not care if a dealer orders a car and it sits on the lot, the money is in their bank account. If a dealer inflates the price and it sits, the dealer will lose, not GM.

The idea that anyone thinks they will get a new Camaro at $500 over invoice is a long term dream that will most likely never come true unless the car fails miserably, which I doubt. As demand and popularity for this car increases, so too will the price, supply and demand economics. I am happy that I locked in at MSRP, because I see the prices only going up, not coming down. I do not support the price inflation that dealers are trying to add. I think it will only hurt the car, but if the demand is such that there are people willing to pay the inflated price, so be it. I am not one of them and would not buy if the price was not at MSRP. I would love the ability to negotiate below MSRP, but $500 over invoice probably does not even cover the Dealership overhead. They need to make money to stay in business, and the more dealerships there are out there making money, the better the competition to keep the cars reasonable and moving.

A dealer will usually only sell stock at just above invoice to clear out inventory for new models or to get rid of something they ordered that no one wants. A car that is moving will never see a $500 above invoice. Anyone waiting for that will be waitng a very long time on the new Camaro IMO!

Just food for thought.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

So, when Camaros sell at MSRP, the dealer's take is as follows:

LS: $1973.47
1LT: $2063.40
2LT: $2211.90
1SS: $2410.47
2SS: $2588.63

Figure a bit more if you're getting any additional options.

When pre-ordering a car, it's not like we're making the dealer work very hard. Maybe an hour of the salesman's time, plus whatever prep work has to be done once the car rolls off the delivery truck. It doesn't have to sit on the lot taking up space or anything like that.

I would think that $1000 over invoice would be a fair offer that still makes the dealer some money. So, those of you who pride yourselves on your negotiating skills, get on out there and see if you can find a dealer willing to make the deal. Come back and let us know if you make it happen!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
So, when Camaros sell at MSRP, the dealer's take is as follows:

LS: $1973.47
1LT: $2063.40
2LT: $2211.90
1SS: $2410.47
2SS: $2588.63

Figure a bit more if you're getting any additional options.

When pre-ordering a car, it's not like we're making the dealer work very hard. Maybe an hour of the salesman's time, plus whatever prep work has to be done once the car rolls off the delivery truck. It doesn't have to sit on the lot taking up space or anything like that.

I would think that $1000 over invoice would be a fair offer that still makes the dealer some money. So, those of you who pride yourselves on your negotiating skills, get on out there and see if you can find a dealer willing to make the deal. Come back and let us know if you make it happen!
This right here is how people should think.. I have NO issue with a dealer making a profit, hell they are a business that's what they are doing it for. The problem I have is when a dealer takes the profit and then try's for more and acts like we are taking food from their table.

Personally I would always shop at a dealer that brought out the ACTUAL accounting paperwork on the car that showed their total cost with $500-1000 added as profit right up front. Problem is no dealer in America, period that is this honest.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Don't forget the holdbacks!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rlchv70
Don't forget the holdbacks!
If my understanding of holdbacks is correct, there wouldn't be any on a pre-ordered car.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 AM

If my understanding of holdbacks is correct, there wouldn't be any on a pre-ordered car.
I don't think that's true. If they did, then why would they pre-order a car for you?

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...ack/index.html
Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Disciple

So, those of you who pride yourselves on your negotiating skills, get on out there and see if you can find a dealer willing to make the deal. Come back and let us know if you make it happen!
We have ordered from a small dealership in NE Oregon who sells all of his cars at $750 over invoice, no matter what the vehicle. We are paying less than that though, due to our negotiating skills.

It can be done, folks!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:10 PM

This is still a buyers market and with news like what was released yesterday from GMAC that they won't finance anyone under a 700 credit score and won't do negative equity. This credit crunch will keep the market in favor of those with good credit and strong down payments for some time as lending practices get more aligned with responsible buying habits. So for people like me who just want to actually see and drive this new Camaro production car before committing to an order I have a feeling by then there won't be much need for a powerful negotiation just a fair offer.

Quick Reply: Here's INVOICE PRICING for Camaro