2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Idea! Scott, get in here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by 96SSConv#2033
I would love to get a DVD with the car. Then I could watch it in the car with the in-dash DVD playe.....oh wait. The horrible interior design doesn't allow for an in-dash DVD player. GM should save some money and fire the interior designer.

But yeah, a DVD would be cool and if I was buying one I would pay extra for it.

B
Here's a thought. If you want to watch DVDs in your car, buy a minivan and have your mom drive it.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by flowmotion
Here's a thought. If you want to watch DVDs in your car, buy a minivan and have your mom drive it.
Ha Ha! No thanks, I'll be watching them in my C6 instead.

B
Old 11-10-2008, 03:04 PM

Ok, I don't really want anyone to lose their job, but it is frustrating that I won't buy a camaro because of the interior. I was really hoping for a dual cockpit design that is in most new GM vehicles today. When I'm behind the wheel of a car that had a fighter jet as inspiration, I want to feel like I'm in a cockpit piloting a rocket. I would prefer a center console that flows up into the radio/climate controls and allows for a DVD/Nav radio with a slight twist towards the driver. The section highlighted in red is the only reason I won't buy a camaro.

Hey Scott, if you do read this, how long would it be before the camaro gets an update that would change the interior this much?

B
I feel bad for you that such a small portion of this amazing car would stop you from purchasing it. There a couple things I don't like about the new Camaro but there are dozens of things I love that more than make up for it. I will try to force out a tear for you.
Also I don't get where your coming from because the 96 Camaro had one of the ugliest interiors I have ever owned.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Black5thgen
I feel bad for you that such a small portion of this amazing car would stop you from purchasing it. There a couple things I don't like about the new Camaro but there are dozens of things I love that more than make up for it. I will try to force out a tear for you.
Also I don't get where your coming from because the 96 Camaro had one of the ugliest interiors I have ever owned.
My problem is that I will spend more time inside the car driving it than outside looking at it. If I'm not completly happy with the interior, then everytime I get in I will shake my head in disgust of the passenger side of the dash and question why did I buy something I didn't like.

I agree about the 96's dash....whoa was that bad. But maybe I'm expecting too much after driving my Vette. Or I'm trying to find a reason to buy another Vette.

B
Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 AM

My problem is that I will spend more time inside the car driving it than outside looking at it. If I'm not completly happy with the interior, then everytime I get in I will shake my head in disgust of the passenger side of the dash and question why did I buy something I didn't like.

I agree about the 96's dash....whoa was that bad. But maybe I'm expecting too much after driving my Vette. Or I'm trying to find a reason to buy another Vette.

B
These are apples, and those are oranges. Please don't compare the interior of ANY Camaro to ANY Vette. Two totally different animals. The 2 seater that the Vette is lends itself more to the cockpit style to begin with. Always has. The Camaro has never really had a cockpit style interior. And I've owned at least one of every generation (except 2nd Gen). The Camaro's interior is much more muscle car than cockpit. If you want a cockpit, get a vette, or a plane.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I will e-mail this to the right person.

Thanks Jason, I'd love to produce it if they can get me all the raw footage that has been shot. My fee will be 1 SS2 6M in either Inferno Orange (with orange seats and interior accent) or Aqua Blue.