2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GRANDDADDY of all Camaro/Firebird shows......

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:56 AM

sweet! ill be there. does this take the place of the atlanta gathering?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by 98SS44
Sounds like fun. Might have to do this instead of the FBody Reunion in Bowling Green.

I might even have something with me the FBodfather would want to take a turn around the oval in....
Originally Posted by JasonD
I believe this IS what was in Bowling Green two years ago and what was in Detroit last year. Someone correct me if I am wrong...
Jason is correct.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
sweet! ill be there. does this take the place of the atlanta gathering?
Nope. That's Andy's event.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Nope. That's Andy's event.

Cool ill have two f-body events to hit up this year!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:35 AM

Do I get double style points for bringing a pace car Camaro???

Seriusly though, since I saw this message last week, I've been psyched about the thought of driving the Z around Indy If anyone out there is on the fence about going, just do it! I went to BG in '03 and '05, and it was awesome. I wanted to go to MI this year, but my fiancee couldn't get the time off. We have our honeymoon in May, and we think she'll have enough time off for this event as well...I can't wait to attend...
Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Found out I'll be sticking around Cincy a while longer so I should be at this event... but with the GTO. Unless by some act of God I get my Camaro running.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:01 PM

My wife and I will try to attend the event. We attended the Indy Y2K Show at Indy Motor Speedway, I believe
it was Aug 2000. We made a lap around the track,
met Scott, Jon Moss (GM retired) and particated in the Car Show. It was a great event, and well worth going to. The CICC and Chevrolet put on a steller event.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Wow, sounds like a blast!! Would love to make it ..... we'll have to see .
Old 12-26-2007, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I believe this IS what was in Bowling Green two years ago and what was in Detroit last year. Someone correct me if I am wrong...
Same time of the year as the BG event was scheduled. Kinda crappy to promise the event would be back in BG though after the Detroit show canceled the event in 2007 then not go back to BG but to Indy instead.

Makes me wonder if the BG staff wanted us back at all.

Well, at least they are planning SOMETHING (I guess).
Old 12-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Sounds great! Is this event TBD.....or did I miss a date somewhere?

I love Indy, I went up there a couple of years ago to a police drive event for the unveiling of the '06 Impala 9C1.....lots of fun.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by cpformula
Same time of the year as the BG event was scheduled. Kinda crappy to promise the event would be back in BG though after the Detroit show canceled the event in 2007 then not go back to BG but to Indy instead.

Makes me wonder if the BG staff wanted us back at all.

Well, at least they are planning SOMETHING (I guess).
There were never any promises made about when or if the FCar gathering would return to NCM.

I'm sure the NCM folks would want us back. We do put some money into the museum's coffers (not much compared to the Corvette events, but something is better than nothing)

Originally Posted by 30thZ286speed
Sounds great! Is this event TBD.....or did I miss a date somewhere?

I love Indy, I went up there a couple of years ago to a police drive event for the unveiling of the '06 Impala 9C1.....lots of fun.
Yup, dates are in Scott's post at the top of this thread... Sept 19-21
Old 12-26-2007, 04:45 PM

I've got it on my calendar. I hope I can make it. My oldest will be heading off to college (first time) this fall. If the two event don't overlap, I plan to come. I hope to see you again, Scott.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
There were never any promises made about when or if the FCar gathering would return to NCM.

I'm sure the NCM folks would want us back. We do put some money into the museum's coffers (not much compared to the Corvette events, but something is better than nothing)

Yup, dates are in Scott's post at the top of this thread... Sept 19-21
Yes, there was a promise.

I remember being there in 06 when the vote was taken in the auditorium by Scott S.. It was stated that they would move the event to Detroit for 07 then it would come back to BG the following year.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by cpformula
Yes, there was a promise.

I remember being there in 06 when the vote was taken in the auditorium by Scott S.. It was stated that they would move the event to Detroit for 07 then it would come back to BG the following year.
Are you sure that Scott made a promise or just that the vote results were very unanimous? Scott is very, very good about not making promises that he knows he can't keep.

Regardless, sometimes circumstances change beyond the control of the folks who handle things like this.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:06 PM

I raised the BG question a couple of months ago when I was down there a got a card with the NCM 2008 events calander and the RC8/Xperience Reunion Event was in our old F-Body Event space in Sept.

One thing that will be missed this year at BG, is the factory tour, I'd love to see some ZR1s on the assembly line. But then again if there is a ZR1 or any Vette to drive at Indy this year, that would beat the factory tour hands down.

Is this Indy Event only going to be open to F-Body people, or the general public?

Quick Reply: The GRANDDADDY of all Camaro/Firebird shows......