2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Good God Guys lets all take a big breath

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 AM

Ok everyone whos saying they don't like the interior because of the design... what the heck were expecting.. the concept had that interior.. GM said the car was going to be very much like the concept car because it was so well recieved... so the production car will be like the concept car... inside and out

were you expecting them to completely scrap the concepts interior and go with a just-like-thing-else interior?

personally.. i've never been a fan of the concept car's interior.. was kinda in the back of my mind hoping that they'd go with a modern cockpit style interior... but really... i'm not surprised they stayed close to the concept car.. a bit dissapointed sure.

that said, i found the silver car's interior to be terrible.. but in a different color scheme like the convertable's interior it looked a ton better

but to be honest.. it's not a deal breaker for me.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:53 AM

Nice post Guy! Very well put!!! You pretty much echo'd the sentiment that I have been trying to explain to a lot of people all over the place the past few days.

This initial hit will slow down after a few days when people get to sit back and look at everything w/ a clear head, not a reactionary position.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 AM

I'm still not understanding why everyone cares that those gauges are where they are. It's not like it's the tach or speedo, it's probably like oil temp etc, that nobody ever looks at anyway. Do you seriously think there's not going to be a big dummy light right in your face if something is going wrong? Passengers are going to think it's cool that there's gauges there, no doubt about it. Different gets attention.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Yeah, who cares what the water temperature, oil pressure or battery volts are, just put those guages under the passenger seat and give me a big red idiot light or check engine light when something is not in normal operating range.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by GTOJack
Yeah, who cares what the water temperature, oil pressure or battery volts are, just put those guages under the passenger seat and give me a big red idiot light or check engine light when something is not in normal operating range.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Can you imagine if expecting parents were like this, looking at a sonogram?
"Oh man! Sure it's a boy and all, but look at his arms and legs! They are so short!"
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 PM

All my 1st gen Camaros have always had those guages in the same location... at the front of the center console... and it's never been an issue. Besides, with HUD, it's pretty much now a moot point.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:38 PM

IMO, I like the guages, but I dont need to be looking at them at all times. What I find funny is that GM took a "band aid" measure from back in 1969 where they put aux. guages in an open space, and used it as a permanent part of the new Camaro's interior. The idea of putting them down there is cool, but like I said before, Id enjoy them clusterd around the two big speedo/tach guages.

edit: is HUD on the table? The Father did mention something about "redundant" guage information. I can only assume that this is what he is talking about.

Last edited by Big Als Z; 01-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
What I find funny is that GM took a "band aid" measure from back in 1969 where they put aux. guages in an open space, and used it as a permanent part of the new Camaro's interior. The idea of putting them down there is cool, but like I said before, Id enjoy them clusterd around the two big speedo/tach guages.
Actually they were optional way back in 1967.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 PM

Aye they were. I was just refering to the 69 Camaro as the concept draws most its design from it.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Aye they were. I was just refering to the 69 Camaro as the concept draws most its design from it.
Actually the center console and dash guages combined are more 68, as well as the tail lamps, while the rear fender gills and nose are more 69. Its kind of a hodge podge modern interpretation of both years IMHO.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 PM

Mm...goodpoint. The fender flares are also not 69 esque, more like 67-68 as well as third gens.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:00 PM

I for one actually liked the concept interior. hopefully the finished product will be close in my opinion. I grew up wanting a 1rst gen, so know I`m looking forward to having a new version of it in every way...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by GMRULZ
I for one actually liked the concept interior. hopefully the finished product will be close in my opinion. I grew up wanting a 1rst gen, so know I`m looking forward to having a new version of it in every way...
Which is why I don't mind selling my 1st gens for a modern-day version that is more dependable. At my age, driving those old musclecars just isn't as comfortable as I remember it being when I was in my 20's.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:18 PM

IMO, I like the guages, but I dont need to be looking at them at all times. What I find funny is that GM took a "band aid" measure from back in 1969 where they put aux. guages in an open space, and used it as a permanent part of the new Camaro's interior. The idea of putting them down there is cool, but like I said before, Id enjoy them clusterd around the two big speedo/tach guages.

edit: is HUD on the table? The Father did mention something about "redundant" guage information. I can only assume that this is what he is talking about.
He also mentioned a posibility of HUD being standard when this was brought up here after the unveil

Quick Reply: Good God Guys lets all take a big breath