2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back for another Camaro focus group! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 PM

Wants:

A fully concealed, BIG sunroof if I can't have T's

HUD, love it in the Vette

Price it close enough to the mustang so it lasts a few years

As others have said, visual distinction btwn the models, more than 1 color stripes offered, modern paint booths can handle this type of stuff. My father (a construction engineer) has coordinated installation of several of these in plants across the US (including GM), so its coming straight from the horse's mouth.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:38 PM

Let us have several performance CHOICES, not packages but choices. I would like to choose between 2-3 different gear ratios, 2-3 different v8 power choices, mix any combo we want not just whatever GM thinks we want. I want to be able to mix match my perfect car that I want. If I went to order a car I would want 20 choices to pick from not base and sport package.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:55 PM

We NEED to have choices for OUR car! Not pkgs that they setup, this car needs to become ours. Deff need to have diff b/n the base-Z/28-SS.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:08 PM

This whole focus group concept has me concerned. By now, the car should have been firmed up from a design standpoint. I don't want to drift this into a "why hasn't GM released this car?" thread, but I'm tempted. The fact of the matter is that Scott S. has already commented that design-by-committee is folly. I agree. Make a decision Chevy, and run with it.

Shoot, maybe this is a hold-out scheme to bank on an economic up-tick. I know this is negative, but it's heartfelt none the less. Sorry Jason.

Muddy.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:11 PM

Top End Camaro

Hi,

I know that we are talking about a car that will be coming out in the same class or level as when it left (Mustang-type pricing, etc.), as well it should. However, I would like to see a very top end, limited model that has extremely high performance, and plenty of 'gadgets,' as people have said, such as navigation, bluetooth, heated seats, etc.

I also understand that there are structural issues to contend with, but it sure would be nice to have t-tops or a very large sunroof.

Enjoy the group!!

Thanks,

Z~
Old 04-11-2008, 10:46 PM

The 1LE package should be back. DA Konis and some light weight parts that could also be purchased in the aftermarket.
Lose the back up lights, they look cheap. Maybe put them with the license plate lights or add them to the taillights.
LED taillights and parking lights
Optional high performance axle ratio
Carbon fiber body parts
Side airbags and stabilty control optional. Less is better.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 PM

Here's a big question:

Will there be GMPP high performance parts, like a hotter camshaft? And if there is, will the warranty stay valid if the dealer installs it? What about a tune of the computer for the camshaft?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:54 AM

• Gas filler on the LEFT (Driver's) side. Non-negotiable.
  • OPTIONS, meaning OPTIONAL. If people want OnStar, order it. If not, omit it. If people want power everything (ie: seats, sunroof, upgraded stereos, etc), order it. If not, omit it. Individual options, not "packages".
  • Z28 (Z/28? ). Give it a real suspension (ie: Z51, or maybe closer to Z06 level).
  • Recaro seats from the original Concept, w/integrated seat-belts. Those seats look AMAZING, and integrated belts are a nice feature, and allow easier access to the back seat.

I trust/believe/know that this car is going to be one of the best things to ever roll off the GM assembly line . Please do it right, but any time now would be even better!!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:08 AM

I would like to see:
-HIDs
-LED daytime running lights
-Heated seats
-Navigation(screen version)
-HUD
-Change the location of the back up lamps, put leds on the blacked out section.
-More aggressive wheels than the Preproduction. Wheel's make a huge difference visually. The pre-pro looks dramatically softened as opposed to the concept. Maybe put more detail onto each spoke with grooves and rivets around the edges(like the VibeGT's wheels). I don't want to go aftermarket. I'm sure the accessories dept is taking care of that, but it should be standard
-Fold down back seat for more practicality, but G8's don't fold, so...
-Temp display
Old 04-12-2008, 06:43 AM

I bet what we currently see in the spy shots cannot be changed so I won't bother asking for something like structural changes and in the same post expect it to be released today. I will just say that we hope to have some cool color choices. Hugger Orange comes to mind.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:30 AM

I have a few issues:

1. GM Performance Parts aftermarket support. I would love to see a large amount of performance parts and accessories available for the Camaro from GMPP. Suspension packages, hotter cams, maybe a "basic" performance package with a free-flowing intake and exhaust, etc.

2. We all know the Z/28 will be the top model. I'd like to see it be named "Z/28" and not "Z28".

3. A few available rear axle ratio options. If I want 3.73's, I'd like to be able to get them from the factory.

4. The same style stripes on the convertible concept must be offered, and in a variety of colors. My ideal color combination is a black car with dark metallic gray stripes.

The rear valence in that photo MUST be offered as part of an optional body kit. Also, a lip spoiler similar in design to the 1st gen's would be nice.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 AM

Hoping they can do something with the reverse lights, maybe move them to the lower part of the bumper in the grayed out area? They really look like an afterthought.

Please please please if something more hidden cant be done with the satellite antenna make it optional or easily removed!

And make z06 style active exhaust an option! Then I wont have to replace the stock exhuast
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 AM

Tell them Jason, to stop the GT500 fixation. We're not all that impressed with it.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:06 AM

- HID standard or optional
- do something with the reverse lights
- rear spoiler...but not like something off a hot rod kids riceburner
- padded places in the interior to rest BOTH arms
- some type of console space that makes sense for sunglasses, wallets, CDs etc
- AND PLEASE get rid of that big ugly ignition key in some of the photos. My wife's Volvo has that and its a pain in the butt to keep in your pocket (even though it folds like a switchblade), and you have to use your elbow to turn it without accidently hitting the buttons that are on it for doors, trunk or emergency horn. I'd rather have a loosly chained lightweight fob than another one of those in the key pile or in my pocket. Trust me guys...nobody would want one if you're used it once.

Thanks..and good luck!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Give us a lot of OPTIONAL gadgets (HIDs, nav, HD radio, HUD, DIC, Bluetooth, etc.).
Move the reverse lights into the taillights.
Make sure the mufflers/resonators don't show from behind.
Offer lots of exterior color choices, including colors from the late '60s Camaros (Heritage colors).
Give us a buttoned down chassis. No flex, squeaks, or rattles.
Give us a beautiful interior. NO hard plastics anywhere. Everything should be soft touch and padded.
Can the stainless trim around the windshield on the concepts remain?
Can the wipers park under the hood?

Jason,
Please comment on the size of the interior. It looks tight when you see pics of 2 larger guys sitting in it.

Quick Reply: Going back for another Camaro focus group! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!