2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Going back for another Camaro focus group! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by DeuceGI
Visual and exclusive distinctions between the trim levels.
This is a big one for me too, I always felt that hurt the 4th gen Zs.

I would like to see as many gadgets (bluetooth, GPS, voice controls) in the interior as possible. (standard or optional) The new Camaro has to scream "modern" and "high-tech" or people are going to assume its nothing but a fast, poor handling, poor stopping, gas guzzler. Modern tech with classic (retro) looks for the inside fits perfectly with the exterior theme. The G8 is getting ripped on by the media for being low tech.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 PM

I would like to see a good selection for options.
Example, loaded up with every gizmo car.
To a stripped down weekend racer.
It would appeal to a wider crown this way.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bigredz97
i agree with what most have said (i.e SS top model, with a z28 and a base)

but you know, its always the little things that win people over...

small stuff that makes the ride.. idk intriguing? like heads up display or

the ability to change the color of your gauges (like mustangs!). thats what the camaro needs those little detail add-ons
+1, I think this will add a nice look to the interior, especially since you spend most of your time inside the car

A nice sound system, nothing crazy with giant speakers though..just a high quality system
Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 PM

I would like to see HD radio, and a comfortable ride not too much of a stiff suspension.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:17 PM

Please devote all your question to V6 and base models!!

The muscle will be there!!

I think key things to discuss would be safety, airbags and curtain airbags, rear seat looks very unsafe for an adult, and then there's the options, things like stereos and nav and HUD, crap people "need" but can't understand why the car will cost $25,000 new with them.

Tell those guys to make the base wheels nicer than 4th gen snowflake-like wheels.

I have more to say about safety, but I'll end this here.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM

Provide meaningful troubleshooting/performance info on dash display. For example, display trouble codes (with description) and engine performance data in plain english. Perhaps on a special diagnostic page for the tuner. Hell charge a few bucks for the page if you must!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:19 PM

Unhappy Standard Built

I would like to see all of these additions as Standard without the initial MSRP being bumped up on all vehicles or added on as upcharge options.

Originally Posted by victorcreed
+1, I think this will add a nice look to the interior, especially since you spend most of your time inside the car

A nice sound system, nothing crazy with giant speakers though..just a high quality system
Old 04-11-2008, 05:19 PM

Cool Universal Engine Swaps

I think it would be good to offer universal hard ware for engine swaps up or down from v-8 to 4 cyl. That way You can upgrade if you want to Race, or downgrade if you want a DD for MPG or swap for the Extreme Hybrid System latter on down the road.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:44 PM

I think the Camaro is coming along well from what we can see and infer from info already gathered.

I'd like the see the interior very user friendly and up to date with the iPod and Bluetooth support. Make sure the seats are as supportive as possible. More 4th Gen TA over Camaro. I also think lots of color options are a must inside and out. I would not mind seeing some more options instead of the guages at the console base.

Good brakes are a must. No more warped rotors like in the 4th Gen. Brembo is a great idea even if only filling the void after Hayes OEM. Make this an option on all V8 Camaro's.

Halo headlights are a big fan favorite on the concept car and should carry over to the production car. Integrated turn signals would fit fine too.

LS3 as standard issue but with performance options for the SS exhaust/intake. Maybe ram air from the opening in the front of the fascia. Nice marketing way to charge more for the SS and make it more exclusive. People still talk about the functional hoods on the 4th Gen F-bodies.

Z28 needs the slash back... Z/28 and optional dual stripes in colors other than just red, black and white.

Z/28 and SS models need to look more different than thay have in the 4th Gen.

Weight; lower the better.

Last edited by 99SilverSS; 04-11-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:52 PM

The front end (grill) is the only part of the car that I'm not crazy about, but of course it's not a deal breaker. Gas mileage is the only other thing I'm concerned about, but if that is already a done deal, then that's okay, too.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:01 PM

I would like to see the nice lip spoiler that the concept had on it and definitely the dual racing stripes. I would also like to see the front air intake being functional. The car I like otherwise.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:15 PM

HID headlights as an option or standard. a rear spoiler of some sort, and a very good seat thats supportive, firm and comfy. also id like to see a better gauge cluster with more modern layout. cant stand the 69 style gauges in the 2 separate square pods. its really antiquated and unappealing to the avg person. also no torque gauge please, thats just corny. and BIG brakes! something like cts v, corvette etc. thing needs to stop fast and repeatedly and not have brake warpage etc.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 PM

Would like to see:

Open up the ECU for aftermarket tuners.

Allow for relatively easy way to switch to a live axle.

Get the lead out (so to speak).

As for questions: Guestimated curb weight.

Thanks.
Bob
Old 04-11-2008, 07:40 PM

Would like for someone to get 1/4 times with a GTECH n/a and on a 150 shot.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 PM

The car is flat out beautiful. I have no concerns with the rumored power and M6 tranny.

PRICE is my only concern.

I agree with the others:

GOOD BRAKES (without the typical GM "mush" feel to them.)

Good steering feedback.

Quick Reply: Going back for another Camaro focus group! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!